It's been said here many times:
    It's not WHAT you ride...
    It's THAT, you ride!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    I'll take the bait.

I have owned both a Burgman 650 & a Silverwing 600 & they would keep up with everything but out & out sport bikes. They would leave cruisers in their dust from a stop or through the twisties. Not all scooters are tarred with the same brush.
    True, very true. When I was riding BMW 1200's, I chased a buddy's Bergman up thru the Cabot Trail and it certainly open my eyes to what a good scooter rider with a good scooter could do. Since then I always waved to scooters

Spyder Garage

Who is the bigger rebel, the guy on two wheels and no helmet trying to be like everyone else or the one on three wheels with a helmet?
    Last edited by jwulf74; 04-27-2014 at 04:09 PM.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

I wave to everyone. Scooters, kids on tricycles, even HD's. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default Well.. Bikebandit.com doens't deserve any of our business. Your Message

not so cool ..............

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    They lost me.
    I bet this guy goes on all day rides that cover almost 20 miles. Whew! Hope he is in shape.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

His 5 minutes of fame could be very costly to his wallet. Talking about not thinking something through,,,,
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Paw View Post
    He probably doesn't realize that those of us who now ride spyders and Trikes probably have more two wheel time and experience than he will ever have, and some still ride 2 wheels as well. Some of us ride 3 wheels because we want to take the wife/girlfriend along and they don't feel safe on 2 wheels, or we own both because she wants to ride her own. Who cares if he doesn't wave, just a lack of class on his part. I don't have to buy from him either. Bike Bandit has some kind of deal going with the AMA and I don't think this attitude is endorsed by them.
    Wow, you just described me to a tee. The only thing I will question is: was this guy a company representative or just some fool spouting off on one of their forums? If the former, GONE. If the later, remember, don't kill the messenger. Some people are just born that way.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am forwarding the link to a couple university professors I know who teach business marketing so they can use it as an example of how to screw-up in marketing. Clearly this guy has an inferiority complex to deal with; as does anyone who agrees with his logic and thoughts.

I always get a kick out of how I am treated by motorcyclists and Spyder-riders when I am on my Harley versus my Spyder. It is easy to see the biases from both parties depending on which I am riding. Believe me, it goes both ways from both crowds; however more so from bike-riders when on my Spyder.

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

From the writer's description at the web site: "What got you into motorcycling? Back when I was in the military, a bunch of guys in my unit had motorcycles, and it looked like a blast. I had never known anyone in my family or among friends who rode, and I was pretty fascinated with the idea. So I took a chunk of post-deployment cash and bought a brand new 2005 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide, and asked a friend to teach me how to ride. Hopping on a 700+ pound cruiser as my first bike was a poor choice in retrospect, but after tipping it over twice, I got the hang of it and rode everywhere I could. " And then he takes a crap on all the disabled vets who ride Spyders . . . what an immature piece of work.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Maybe he has never had road rash,or a crash or maybe he is just pissed that our spyders get more attention. I was out with some friends my buddy just got a beautiful Harley ultra classic and my wife and I were on our awesome blue RT. Who do you think was getting all the questions and attention while we were out? I will give you one guess. The guy who wrote this article is a douche bag!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Everybody is entitled to an opinion...
    , has long as that opinion is the same as mine, otherwise it's not a valid opinion, in my humble opinion

Harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Default I am appalled

maybe what he needs is a little of this... AND some of this with a little humor.. he's crazy
    '' RIDE -WINE - DINE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST DAY- SO MAKE IT COUNT DAILY''
    2013 ram 1500 RT HEMI 405 Hp
    2012 spyder RT + cat-bypass, mod muffler, PCV + auto tune, HID headlight n foggers, seal floorboards, LED's every where, supercharged ..not!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Spyder Garage

This is a questionable quality outfit to begin with and if they want to act like morons toward Spyders they are probably doing us a favor to keep us away
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Paw View Post
    He probably doesn't realize that those of us who now ride spyders and Trikes probably have more two wheel time and experience than he will ever have, and some still ride 2 wheels as well. Some of us ride 3 wheels because we want to take the wife/girlfriend along and they don't feel safe on 2 wheels, or we own both because she wants to ride her own. Who cares if he doesn't wave, just a lack of class on his part. I don't have to buy from him either. Bike Bandit has some kind of deal going with the AMA and I don't think this attitude is endorsed by them.
    Please add-- some ride three wheels now because of age, or a physical limitation. Sure I would still much rather be riding my two wheels more than three but things are catching up with me. After 63 years of riding and approx one million miles on two wheels I do not doubt my manhood nor anyone else's nor do I look up or down on anyone's choice of ride.

Jack

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool A greeting is a greeting

A greeting is just that "a greeting." It may not be "the wave" so to speak it could just be a simple look, nod of the head, a flash of hi-beams or a toot of the horn.

But to infer that trikes or Spyders don't deserve it just shows, in my opinion, that (1) he thinks he is above us, (2) that we are a bunch of "wannabe's," (3) he has a whole lot of attitude that requires adjusting.

If bikebandits.com wish to support that kind of thinking more power to them. I never heard of them before today and only been to their site this one time and somehow forgot to put them in my bookmarks of nice places to go visit.

Spyder Garage

I don't need to defend my choice to ryde the . I can wave to whoever I want to. No body, No how, No way, is going to tell me what to ryde or how to ryde it (I tend to turn off my listening ears when I run into this stuff).

A great example of stupid marketing. I guess they have lost a lot of current and potential business over this one. I wont even go and peruse their site now.

Take that--morons.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Lost my business too.

Wow, what arrogance!! Two or three wheels does not matter. A lot of threes used to be twos and would be fours if not for threes.
    I am proud to ride with my three wheel buddies. And wave at three wheelers. Wonder if they intend to remove all parts pertaining to Spyders or trikes from their selection? I would think those parts were not worthy of being sold by Bike Bandit. And the profits of said parts not desired.

JB

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

i have owned a few different types of bikes a virago a gsxr some yamaha unsure of the type it didnt have many parts plastic lights etc etc but it would crank lol. but after a few injuries in my last 2 tours, its not as easy/comfortable which is why i chose a spyder. but regardless of reason why ppl chose what to ride i think its there choice. plus i think i will survive with ought a wave from this guy

my first encounter with a hardcore 2wheeler i could tell he was laughing behinde the little skull mask he was wearing revving up his motor at the traffic light. so i left him sitting there laughing at himself lol

Very Active Member Silvervette05's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have had 2 Honda,2 HD and now on my 2nd spyder, no I am not selling, but with all my bike s I have waved
    At all, 2 wheels or 3 wheels, I like 3 wheels better, 2 wheels up front is best .

Spyder Garage

Talking Contact number for Bike Bandit.

Here is the contact number for Bike Bandit: 1 888 339 3888. I think we should all give them a call and tell them how much we "enjoyed" Aaron Cortez's article.

Spyder Garage

This dude has a severe case of arachnophobia.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default PR Blunder Extrordinaire!

Talk about a catastrophic PR blunder. Just read the comments posted following the article. Talk about getting flamed, and rightfully so.

I wrote them an email to show my personal displeasure with their point of view and to point out to them that they may have alienated tens of thousands of potential customers as a result of posting this article on their website.

It will be interesting to find out if they will take the time to send me a response, and if so, what that response will be. I am not holding my breath because there really cannot be any rational explanation as to why they would want to turn away business in an effort to ensure their customer base is not diluted by the "not cool" gang of three wheel riders.

On the other hand...maybe they are so cool that they really don't care.

Spyder Garage

You can comment on the article through facebook. Fred Rau is on his azz:

Fred's comment: "So Aaron doesn't want to wave to three-wheelers because too much of the risk and danger is gone from their rides? If he really feels that way, then maybe he should be careful not to wave to anyone with ABS, or for that matter silly safety items that ruin the risk of the ride like turn signals and even brakes. What an idiot!"

2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Who cares what that guy thinks? He's prolly "challenged" in the manhood dept and trying to compensate!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)