Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Show Some Support For A Member of Spyderlovers.com

ValCruzSpyder, a member of Spyderlovers.com, ordered a Gold Star Service Flag in September of 2013, online, from a business known as "Rumbling Pride" ( http://www.rumblingpride.com/index.htm ) and paid, using PayPal. ValCruzSpyder states: "I ordered three (3) Flags from Rumbling Pride in September 2013. They have yet to fulfill the order. I am still missing a "Gold Star" from them. Trust me when I say, I have done everything within the law to try to receive either the flag or a refund. To date, I have nothing."

For those of you who are not aware of the meaning, A service flag or service banner in the United States is an official banner that family members of service members can display.The flag or banner is defined as a white field with a red border, with a blue star for each family member serving in the Armed Forces of the United States during any period of war or hostilities in which the Armed Forces of the United States are engaged. A gold star (with a blue edge) represents a family member that died in service.

My wife and I had dinner with John, and his wife, Velma in February, and he was still trying to get his Gold Star flag from Rumbling Pride . . . I found out, today, that they still don't have it, and Rumbling Pride ignores their requests regarding the order.

As a military retiree, this bothers my, greatly. I am appealing to the Spyderlovers community to reach out to Rumbling Pride, either by email ( sales@rumblingpride.com ) or on their facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rumbl...31167413580515 ) and express your dismay that a family who has lost a son in service to our nation, and who paid for an order have not received it, and are being ignored by the company. The order number for John and Velma Valentine in September, 2013, was Order Number: 10681

Please join me in trying to get this company to do right by ValCruzSpyder . . . Thanks.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

file a complaint with PayPal. I have had to do this in the past and PayPal has taken care of it and refunded my money.

Kraig
    2012 RT SE5
    2010 RT-622 trailer
    2013 Triump Bonneville T100
    1971 Honda CT70
    1972 Honda CT70H

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is disturbing on several levels...
    How could ANY Company treat a family, who had a beloved member die in the service of our Country like this?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Report them to PayPal as suggested. Scumbags stealing customers money has never set well with me.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting this, when I saw their post on the other thread I was disgusted that any company would treat a family who lost a son that way. I have posted my dislike for Rumbling Pride on their Facebook page.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

This is so wrong , I feel for this family& will exspress so in a e-mail, hope they are not a sponser company.

Spyder Garage

Default If nothing,...

If nothing comes of this venture, let it be known that I truly appreciate all of you...especially Dan!! This means the world to me. At first, I thought I was in this fight alone. To see a person,...a friend take up arms for my struggle, words cannot express my gratitude. Dan, you are a true friend, and I will never forget this gesture.
    For those unfamiliar with my story, I almost hesitate to dredge up the past. But part of the healing is sharing:

My post from August 2013,
    On the evening of April 19th, 2006, my wife and I had just returned home from a wonderful dinner date. As we entered the house, the phone rang. My wife answered, and immediately fell to her knees. We were informed that our son, Shannon, had sustained serious injuries from an IED blast in Iraq. The caller, Army Captain Dan, explained that Shannon's actions while driving his vehicle and negotiating the terrain, saved the lives of the other soldiers in the vehicle. Shannon was flown to Brooke Army Medical Center in Texas and was met by his mother on the 21st. He sustained serious burn injuries from the waist down. Some of the injuries were bone-deep. A lot of skin graphs and other surgeries followed. Shannon put up a gallant fight for a little over 4 months. But on August 28th 2006, Shannon was called home. His mother (who is a RN), was actually assisting the staff with his rehab the night before his calling.
    Every year since Shannon's passing, the entire family holds a "Celebration of Life" to remember him. It gives us time to reflect and remember better times. This year, we will hold the Celebration on the 31st of August. I was hoping to have the Flags mounted on the Spyder by then, for the ride to the cemetary. At any rate, with all the help from the SL community, I am sure to be successful by next year's Celebration. I apologize for being a little long-winded. I tend to get that way around the same time each year. Take care, and may God bless each and every one of you.

I started dealing with Rumbling Pride shortly after this post. I had placed an order for three (3) flags, an American Flag, a "Freedom Isn't Free" flag, and a Gold Star. A week and a half after placing the order, I sent an email to RP inquiring about the non-delivery. I was told, because of the recent HD 100th Birthday celebration, the American Flags were on back order. I insisted the order be canceled and my money be returned. I was told by Susan K. Butler (Sales and Dealer Development) that she was sending her personal American Flag. A few weeks later, I inquired, again, about the remainder of the order. I was then told the Gold Star was on Back Order. By this time, the Celebration Ride has come and gone. RP then sent another flag (that I did not order). I tried to contact them, again, with no success. I finally received the "Freedom Isn't Free" flag. Although I am not a fan of the artwork, I had to accept what I ordered. I have yet to receive the Gold Star Service Flag and have not heard from Rumbling Pride since 07JAN2013.
    Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I have succumb to the fact I have lost both the chance of ever receiving the Service Flag or ever receiving a refund.
    "Ride Safe, Ride Long, and Ride Often...Be Free on Three"
    ValCruzSpyder
    2012 RTS-SE5 Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

You owe me no thanks for doing the right thing, brother. My best to you and Velma, and I hope we meet again, soon.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

I am truly sorry for your loss and we can never express how indebted we are, as a nation, for the sacrifice of families like yours.

Here is a place that I have dealt with before ... http://store.sspflags.com/categories...eatured&page=1

Good Luck!
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

I'm not taking sides here, but I have dealt with Rumbling Pride several times and have had nothing but excellent service. Is it possible that something catastrophic may have happened to their business or staff? I recently went to a different web site to place an order and there was also a link to their facebook page. so before placing the order I checked out the facebook page. It hadn't had any new posts in almost 2 years so I did some Google searching and found out the guy that owned the business had died last year and there was no more business. Even though both the sales web page and facebook page are still active.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Default We Understand

My wife and I are so sorry for your loss. We lost our son in Iraq Sept 15, 2010. They came to my work to tell me. After reading all of the posts Rumbling Pride may be having some issues. We hope you guys are doing ok. We have met some great Gold Star families. We are in a community no one wants to be in. God Bless!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Email sent

I am truly sorry the sacrifice your son and family have made. I am aware of what the Blue Star and Gold Star program is about. Thus, my handle is from when my daughter was in the Army. In my opinion it does not matter if the flag got lost, and they think you are trying to pull one over on them. They should still replace it.

Here is me email to them:
    "I am writing in regard to order #10681, and how the Gold Star flag was not sent. I will never do business with your company until I hear that this issue is resolved.
    Robert Reaback"
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for the link

Quote Originally Posted by captblack View Post
    I am truly sorry for your loss and we can never express how indebted we are, as a nation, for the sacrifice of families like yours.

Here is a place that I have dealt with before ... http://store.sspflags.com/categories...eatured&page=1

Good Luck!
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Default Thought of this, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    I'm not taking sides here, but I have dealt with Rumbling Pride several times and have had nothing but excellent service. Is it possible that something catastrophic may have happened to their business or staff? I recently went to a different web site to place an order and there was also a link to their facebook page. so before placing the order I checked out the facebook page. It hadn't had any new posts in almost 2 years so I did some Google searching and found out the guy that owned the business had died last year and there was no more business. Even though both the sales web page and facebook page are still active.
    I actually thought of this. But to have someone answer the phone, only to be placed on "Hold/Ignore", that sends up red flags in my book. They haven't attempted to respond to my repeated emails, nor the letter I sent through the mail. At this point, I just want someone from RP to respond to my attempts. If there is a problem, they can convey that to me. To have nothing to go on...that's just not right. Buck, please do not take this as a blast. I DO respect your views and comments.
    ValCruzSpyder

Spyder Garage

Here is the email I just sent.

Susan K. Butler,

Reading how your company has not filled this order for theGold Star Flag even though you have accepted payment is plan wrong. I haveplaced your company on the do not purchase from list. Please resolve this issueASAP

Regards,
    Les Kingen C.P.M.
    Buyer | Starkey Hearing Technologies, Inc.
    6425 Flying Cloud Drive. | Eden Prairie, MN 55344
    T:
    -952-828-9161 | F:-952-828-9251
    www.starkey.com | www.starkeypro.com | map | email
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post

I ordered two flags on Friday and they were delivered Tuesday, so they are still in business, just sayin.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KAPike View Post
    file a complaint with PayPal. I have had to do this in the past and PayPal has taken care of it and refunded my money.
    File the complaint with PayPal and use the phone to call them person to person!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Ouch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I ordered two flags on Friday and they were delivered Tuesday, so they are still in business, just sayin.

Cruzr Joe
    Easy now!! I've only been waiting since.....October...2013!!!! Just trying to keep a positive outlook.
    ValCruzSpyder

Spyder Garage

I posted on their face book page
    Caution:When you argue with an idiot,You have to lower your standards and then you get beat by their experience

Spyder Garage

Default For What It's Worth

This is amazing!! Thank you, one and all, who have taken up this fight. I cannot begin to express my gratitude and appreciation. As I stated to a fellow Spyder Ryder earlier, the saying IS true... "GREAT PEOPLE RIDE SPYDERS!!!" When my wife and I first bought our Spyder (back in July/August 2012), we were wondering if it was the right fit for us. Shortly after, we joined SpyderLovers, and we got our answer!!! We lucked up and found a whole bunch of good people who share the same interests as we do...well...except for that one time at band camp...NEVER MIND!!! Seriously, you guys are the greatest! I eagerly await the opportunity to get to meet each and every one of you. Sounds like the making of one helluva' roadtrip!!!! Bless all of you! Be safe and have a great time at SPYDERFEST!!!! We will be there in spirit.
    ValCruzSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ValCruzSpyder View Post
    Easy now!! I've only been waiting since.....October...2013!!!! Just trying to keep a positive outlook.

My post was to reference that they were still in business, nothing more or less.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default UPDATE!!!!!

Guess who just got an email from Rumbling Pride??? I have all of you to thank. This has been quite the journey. It looks like it will soon end. It is amazing, the power of "a thousand voices"!!!! Okay, so maybe just a few hundred...but you get the picture!! It appears there was some sort of "incident" that I was never made aware of. How convenient! I promise not to turn this into sour grapes. I'm just pleased with the outcome. Once again, thank you, to all of those who stepped in. It really means a lot to us. I WILL remember this for quite some time. You guys (gender neutral) are the best! In the mean time, here is the email I just received:

Good Day John,

Well things are finally getting back on track after the massive machine failure / computer system crash we suffered last year. We almost have all the orders that were totally destroyed complete. Please know that we are truly sorry for your very long and unfortunate wait time on your flag. You will have the flag in 3 to 4 days.

Tracking Number 9405 5096 9993 7520 2953 81

Susan K Butler
    SALES & DEALER DEVELOPMENT
    Rumbling Pride Ltd Co
    4804 Acorn Drive N
    Lakeland, FL 33810

1-863-859-0533 Office Line
    1-866-312-6845 - Fax Line

staff@rumblingpride.com
    sales@rumblingpride.com
    www.rumblingpride.com
    ValCruzSpyder

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Positive Recommendation

While I suggest you keep trying to work with RP, if only to get your money back, I suggest the following site. Do not know if they have motorcycle flags, nor what size you are looking for. However, their mission seems to be supply of Gold Star Flags FOR FREE to those in need.

http://www.serviceflags.com/goldstar.htm

Sorry for your loss and I thank your family for their sacrifice. If you strike out with these people, please PM me your address and indicate what size flag you are interested in -- I will see that one is sent your way.

Best Regards .... Ann (member of both the Patriot Guard and Legion Riders)
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ValCruzSpyder View Post
    Guess who just got an email from Rumbling Pride??? I have all of you to thank. This has been quite the journey. It looks like it will soon end. It is amazing, the power of "a thousand voices"!!!! Okay, so maybe just a few hundred...but you get the picture!! It appears there was some sort of "incident" that I was never made aware of. How convenient! I promise not to turn this into sour grapes. I'm just pleased with the outcome. Once again, thank you, to all of those who stepped in. It really means a lot to us. I WILL remember this for quite some time. You guys (gender neutral) are the best! In the mean time, here is the email I just received:

Good Day John,

Well things are finally getting back on track after the massive machine failure / computer system crash we suffered last year. We almost have all the orders that were totally destroyed complete. Please know that we are truly sorry for your very long and unfortunate wait time on your flag. You will have the flag in 3 to 4 days.

Tracking Number 9405 5096 9993 7520 2953 81

Susan K Butler
    SALES & DEALER DEVELOPMENT
    Rumbling Pride Ltd Co
    4804 Acorn Drive N
    Lakeland, FL 33810

1-863-859-0533 Office Line
    1-866-312-6845 - Fax Line

staff@rumblingpride.com
    sales@rumblingpride.com
    www.rumblingpride.com
    Just think how much hassle and bad advertising that could have been avoided with some communication to you the purchaser. Let's hope they resolve your complaint ASAP.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-25-2014 at 01:39 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Sent an email...FB has the list...good job people. what BS...equipment failure for year....smh....
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons