Spyder Garage

Default Murphybrown's Next "report" on getting the new ryde.it's a long one.get a cup of joe

Good Morning Folks:

I was thinking yesterday as I was in pause mode on getting th '14 Spyder (more about that later). What popped up was how I have learned and reallllly enjoy being able to laugh at myself. Well, folks, I forgot to tell you my best "laugh". It was on the ryde out. I had just passed Sheridan, WY heading toward Buffalo and far ahead on my left there is the hillside and it is covered with a herd of Buffalo...they are fairly near the highway...so knew they were in a fenced pasture...but I was excited to see that many and I could see all shapes and sizes including calves. I'm thinking this is going to be great...as I got closer I noticed they seemed to be resting..well that made send..mid afternoon nap...which is what wild animals do!!! AND then I got within good sight range and say out loud OMG Karyl.....yep NOT buffalo herd but a herd of large and small lava rocks that got "thrown" there a bijillion years ago. Trust me I realllllly stared cause i just new one of those was reallllly a buffalo!!! NOT

After I spent Sunday night in St Joseph, MO (who that town has GROWN in 10 years)...the maps showed me that I could get off the freeway and still have a direct route to Springfield. So went E on 36 for a few than S on 13. Nice, nice, nice 2 lane farm country roads the majority of the way. Oh now that is where I love to ryde. No more 75-80 mph...now down to gawking speed and smelling the smell. And those were, like always, many. I try to identify the different kinds of poop: Cow, horse, chicken, pig and OMG that is just something seriously DEAD..and always the token skunk!! Beautiful green rolling hills...new mama cow just licking her newborn...all wet and sweet.

Got to motel about 3 p.m. And started setting up my 2 week home. I don't eat alot of meals in restaurants...so had to get my efficiency "kitchen" ready to go. I had sent a couple boxes ahead with my warm weather clothes, some cooking stuff and gifts for a kid's home here in area. So after unpacking all that...needed to make a fun to WalMart...couldn't believe I hadn't remembered everything!!! Saw Applebees and said screw it...I ain't cooking...and hey they give a senior discount...came "home" and fell into bed BECAUSE the new ryde was waiting for me..right? aaaaa wrong.

So I am at Pitbull at 8:15 (oh yea they don't open until 9..so I am not anxious lol)..Jessica (awesome lady) arrives about 8:45 and points me to closest Starbuck's and back where Lamont and crew are assembling '14 Spyders. So decide I am going to find my new White Stead first...yep that's right before coffee!!! Walk in and there are all colors and types of Spyders...at least 5 white pearls in various stages of assembly...get my hug from Lamont and exclaim about the incredible operation he and Len are creating. Then I ask which one of those is mine. Lamont shrugs says I don't know...maybe that one...soooooo I don't sit on, kick tires, or stroke. I just leave and jump on the steady Ms Spyder and go drown my "sorrows" at Starbucks.

I am all ready to do paperwork and get this show rolling...well, I was not #1 priority (can you imagine that!!!)...so how do I entertain myself? Well, talking to Spyder owners or potential owners, those lookers that are just "wondering"...not to much later. I see this fellow deliver 3 gorgeous long stemmed red roses (in case you are interested I LUV ROSES)..and I think wow one of those gals is lucky. Guy comes out and says Karyl Oules need your signature your roses are inside. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Now I still don't know for sure from where they came but I am thinking that MoLee and Lily just may have their dna on those. (Another story for another time!!).

I again marvel at what an incredible business Pitbull Powersports and Lamonster Garage are...their high integrity, honesty, customer service...have got to make them the leading seller of Spyders or darned close to it. I am reallllly not in a rush (sort of but not really)..and go ahead and take care of those folks first. Set an appointment to get 'er done at 3 p.m. Go off to find a natural food store...ahhhhh they have a wonderful one Mama Jeans...and oh golly just down the same street is this big old building called Bass Pro Shop...so had to swing by there. phew saved by the bell that 3 p.m. appt protected the pocket book.

Back to Pitbull...Jessica has literally stacks of paperwork. Now I am one of those customers who adds, subtracts, adds more...hate to guess how many emails & phone calls have gone back and forth sense I decided to get a '14. Then there is the paperwork required to buy 2 licensed rigs (spyder and trailer) and make WA state happy (pretty sure they only want their taxes and could care less that Jessica had writers cramps from filling out duplicate). Oh yea and then the paperwork to the CU for financing...funny how they want all this information before they will transfer $. But their 1.4% rate and no fees was a no brainer for my finances. Oh yea and then the insurance company needs this stuff faxed. Finally at 5:15 I say that it's Jessica done for the day. I have been invited to Colton's (2d grade son of owners of Pitbull) art showing. He was one of a small handful of art students who had a public viewing. Way Cool. So all this to say I still have not laid eyes on the '14 White Stead. BUT I do have a 9:30 a.m. appt with Jessica...which is a very good sign.

Oh yea, need a couple new sudoku books (no Bruce I'm not downloading to my mini!!!)

Everyone have a great day...maybe there will be pics soooon.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Hope to meet you at Spyderfest when we get there sunday or monday depending on weather.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that you really need to have Pierre following you around, with a film crew!
    This is an epic story, that is unfolding!
    Thanks!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default HI Karyl

you are 1 in a MILLION, Im so glad I sat next to you at SF-2 and THANKS for everything.....

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Boy, do I know about being excited over animals that turn out not being animals. Hope to see pictures of your 2014 white ride today. Got my 2014 white ride in February and love it. See you at SF.

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

great story..............can't wait to see it

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

murphybrown:

Now i know why you had to get there a week early, shopping, paperwork, shopping, paperwork etc, etc, etc.

See you in 6 days.

Cruzr Joe (a cup of joe)
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That credit union sure did have a lot of paperwork, I'm still signing and returning some two months later, but, as you said, the rate made it all worthwhile.

Now I'm wondering if we will see you at Spyderfest or will you be off riding the entire time?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Go Karyl!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    That credit union sure did have a lot of paperwork, I'm still signing and returning some two months later, but, as you said, the rate made it all worthwhile.

Now I'm wondering if we will see you at Spyderfest or will you be off riding the entire time?

Lets see, She will pick it up today, 300 miles / day, that means on May 3 it will have the 3000 miles break in done. Yep sounds about right.
    On the other hand she may do 600 mile days and have the break in done before Spyderfest.

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Spyder Garage

Great story, I know you are having more fun than most of us since you are already there. Looking forward to the next installment . See you next week!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Default Amazing..!!

Trip so far with adventures all along the way. Including paperwork delays longings etc your loving it..enjoy your adventures..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

what a wonderful story. But I'll have to wait till June to see your new and trailer. Anyway have fun and always be safe abd enjoy your new ride.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can't wait to see a picture of it - at least in case I don't see you at 'fest.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

You sure do know how to travel and write a heck of a good blog to go along with it.

Hope you get the new soon and can start enjoying the ryde. A great finance rate too. Looking forward to more of your adventures.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Guess what

LMAO at the buffalo and poop story.

Starbucks card is gonna run out..

2 days ago ladylava , who retired in December, decided that she needs a 2014 RT. So here we go.

No SF this year because we will be riding Rt 66 in September.

SF next year.

Be well ride safe

Mike and Carolyn
    Duck
    Michael Spivack
    2007 Goldwing
    2012 RT Limited Lava (traded 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Utopia Backrest, Hi mounter tail light, FZ1 fuse box, aux power outlet, CB and Gerbing outlets
    2014 RT Limited Cognac (purchased 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Spyder Backrest, 2012 CB and Gerbing outlets
    GWRRA
    Cape Cod, Ma.