Thread: Spyder Prices?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Prices?

Looking at buying a 2014 RTL do prices vary from dealer to dealer like when buying a car?
    Or is there not much wiggle room since it would be a 2014?

Sorry for the stupid questions....new to site and the spyder...

Thanks for your time and help,
    Pee Wee

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!! Welcome..!!

Wel at least to this site. Soon to the roadster world. Yes it pays to shop around for there are deals to be found. Sometimes in add ons or extras sometime in the prices. Happy hunting and see you soon on the open road...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yes Prices vary widely from dealer to dealer. You have to shop around and get the best deal, every one will offer different packages. So make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The only problem is I would have to sell my show truck to pay for the spyder...... trying to juggle numbers around to make it work

Thanks again,
    P.W.
    Last edited by PeeWee; 04-22-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Spyder Garage

Good Luck, let us know how things work out!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

PW,

Don't feel bad about parting with your show vehicle. I parted with my highly modified Bugeye Sprite, that I owned for 21 years, in order to pay cash for my RT Limited. Looking back I have no regrets because the Spyder is a new adventure and my wife and I enjoy it very much.
    2012 RT LTD Lava Bronze, Ultimate seat, backrests and fuel door. Two Brothers Titanamium. Laser Alignment, Seals Floorboards. BajaRon Sway Bar and links, Spyderpops blockoff, Grilles, Missing Belt Guard, Bumpskid, Gold Wing Windshield Vent, Kewlmetal Helmet Locks, Rumbling Pride Flag Holders, Cup holders, Signal LED's on mirrors, Baker Built belt stabilizer, gremlin bell, Bad Boy air horn, TricLed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th taillights and fender LED strips. RT-622 trailer, ........More to come.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

WELL... I just told the wife my plan and she is good with it
    Time to start getting real numbers from dealers.

PW

Spyder Garage

No deals here. Had to pay retail, but also got a fair price for my trade. The dealer is also reasonably good with servicing the . I maybe could have done better, but I am happy with the final deal. That is what counts for me.

A good servicing dealer is more important to me than saving a few bucks on the overall deal and then having nightmares every time I need servicing. Not a lot of choices in Alaska, but I work with the best servicing dealer.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-23-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PeeWee View Post
    WELL... I just told the wife my plan and she is good with it
    Time to start getting real numbers from dealers.

PW
    Where in Iowa are you located ? I recently took delivery of a 2014 RT and might be able to suggest a dealer.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Dubuque Any info appreciated.

p.w.

Spyder Garage

Lots of room to play money wise. You need to find a dealer that will satisfy your wants and needs. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just picked up my 2014 RTS today from Hicklin Powersports in Grimes, IA (just outside of Des Moines). They gave me the best deal over other dealers I talked to in Nebraska, Wyoming, and South Dakota. Their deal was good enough for me to ryde 550 miles for it. Give them a call, 515-986-4880, talk to Joe Weissenburger (sales) and tell him Connie highly recommended him. The sales people, parts, and service tech are phenominal! Not always the case with a lot of Spyder dealers.
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

the best deal that are going on are 2013 left overs i got my 2013 RT S SM5 for $19200 plus $600 shipping with 4year warranty

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the info. looks like I'll be making some phone calls!

PW

Spyder Garage

Although price is a big, important decision, their service department should really be the deciding factor. Don't know if you'd be wrenching on your new Spyder or not but without a good service department your up a creek without a paddle. Without a good service department your experience with your new Spyder might just turn into an nightmare. Just do your homework and I'm sure your Spyder experience will be a pleasant one.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Good point! I do plan on doing the work on it myself...but I sure would be nice to have a good shop near by for when I run into trouble.
    Maybe I'll have to visit a few shops and get the big picture not just the price.

Thanks!
    PW

Spyder Garage

with all the statements above. Get you a dealer that you feel confident with. Don't just talk to the salesman, talk to the GM, the Service and Parts Managers, and if possible, the owner.

Buying a Spyder is like buying a car or a motorcycle: haggle! In my case, I always like to squeeze a few freebies into it, like adding accessories. I got my 2013 at MSRP when they first came out, but got the 23" windshield with vent, adjustable air deflectors and Sena Doggle installed.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Default Here's who we bought from...

Quote Originally Posted by PeeWee View Post
    Dubuque Any info appreciated.

p.w.
    Hi PeeWee - We took delivery of our new 2014 RT from Metro Can-Am in Cedar Rapids. Family owned and they care about the customer.

Talk with a gentleman named 'Homie' and he'll answer all your questions. They do have some Spyders in stock and are real good about

custom ordering (we did). The prices are somewhat negotiable, all depends on supply and demand, we are very pleased with our deal.

My wife and I looked for about 4 months comparing dealers vs location. We're glad we ended up with Metro.

Good luck, George.
    Last edited by DubuqueSpyderRyder; 04-23-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

I bought my 2013 RT-Limited a little over a year ago from Metro in Cedar Rapids. I've been very happy with their service. I live about 50 miles away from Metro and I choose them for my service needs instead of the dealer that's about 15 miles from my house. One of the reasons I purchased my Spyder from Metro is an experience that a fellow SpyderLover (FarmBanker) had with his 2012 Spyder RT-S with an engine failing only after he put 80 miles on the Spyder. Metro stepped up and took care of him and treated him right. I figured that if they would do that for him, they'd do that for me if something ever happened to my RT.

Metro also started a Spyder Ryders Facebook page.

If you talk to Homie (Brian Holms), tell him Tony says hi.

Tony
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    2017 Red F3T

Mods
    Lamonster RIP Floorboards
    Lamonster H4 LED headlights
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights
    Lamonster LED White and Amber Fog Ring
    Lamonster Show Chrome Fender kit
    Lamonster Drink holder
    Lamonster Dual Power Plate with large X-Grip
    Lamonster F3 Driver Back Rest
    Lamonster Lid Lock
    Baker Air Wings Luggage Rack

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Kind of a long story but I think were going to wait for a left over 2014 in the spring of 2015......but then again you never know
    Until then, I'll be lurking and learning more about the spyder.

P.W.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DubuqueSpyderRyder View Post
    Hi PeeWee - We took delivery of our new 2014 RT from Metro Can-Am in Cedar Rapids. Family owned and they care about the customer.

Talk with a gentleman named 'Homie' and he'll answer all your questions. They do have some Spyders in stock and are real good about

custom ordering (we did). The prices are somewhat negotiable, all depends on supply and demand, we are very pleased with our deal.

My wife and I looked for about 4 months comparing dealers vs location. We're glad we ended up with Metro.

Good luck, George.
    I bought a white 2014 RTL from Metro about a month ago. They are a good group of people and they'll work with you. So let's get ready for Spyderfest! I created a "Spyder Riders of Eastern Iowa" on Facebook. BUT, I might have an announcement after Spyderfest about a new group with Metro. I want to wait to say much more, but this will be really cool!