Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

The only thing I see that bothers me sometimes is when a serious thread goes down the toilet. Oh and Bob and am not talking about you! You always provide help based on what you know and I really like how you welcome new comers. So again not pointed at Bob at all. But some seem to take the joking or whatever you want to call it way over the line. Serious posts can sometimes get so much dribble that having to read all through them to "learn" something is just not right. It also makes following a thread difficult.

There are some posts here I think are important and historic in what they contain. But when you have to read through 10 posts to get 1 with good info, or to even be able to follow the topic because of useless posts scattered within them, it is really not good for the community. It makes doing research hard.

The thread that was deleted maybe was not the right way to approach the problem, but the point the OP made was in fact valid.

Sorry if I PO a few here but that's the way I see it too.... Maybe I am too serious a person but in my opinion, good info should not be polluted with jokes and dribble if it is not necessary.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jScotD View Post
    for you UnCLe BoB

Nice video by the way! I love Tull!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Call it what ever you want. Butt. He is a "post whore"! And I can't wait to meet him in person. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    The only thing I see that bothers me sometimes is when a serious thread goes down the toilet. Oh and Bob and am not talking about you! You always provide help based on what you know and I really like how you welcome new comers. So again not pointed at Bob at all. But some seem to take the joking or whatever you want to call it way over the line. Serious posts can sometimes get so much dribble that having to read all through them to "learn" something is just not right. It also makes following a thread difficult.

There are some posts here I think are important and historic in what they contain. But when you have to read through 10 posts to get 1 with good info, or to even be able to follow the topic because of useless posts scattered within them, it is really not good for the community. It makes doing research hard.

The thread that was deleted maybe was not the right way to approach the problem, but the point the OP made was in fact valid.

Sorry if I PO a few here but that's the way I see it too.... Maybe I am too serious a person but in my opinion, good info should not be polluted with jokes and dribble if it is not necessary.

Bob
    Your point is well taken. I personally am trying to not get caught up in some of it. But, I have also been guilty.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm just...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have nothing to add . . . except that I enjoy Bob's posts, I agree with him often, and sometimes he pisses me off . . . which is normal in life, and I like Jethro Tull, too! Oh, and I hope Bob shows up at SpyderQuest, as I'd like to buy him a beer!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

I think we should just move forward and quit

2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I have nothing to add . . . except that I enjoy Bob's posts, I agree with him often, and sometimes he pisses me off . . . which is normal in life, and I like Jethro Tull, too! Oh, and I hope Bob shows up at SpyderQuest, as I'd like to buy him a beer!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default when I was young

and worked in a traveling band.. once up north in rock island IL the river was flooding and the "family" bar we were playing at was just about 2 blocks away from the river rising....stripper bar on the way to the club where we played,,, open window for all to see in.. brain strain for what I retained in the brain, going down the street to the club.. I was only in my 20's. we played tull a lot.. toothless guy running around wanting to hear more Jethro TooL.. old guy introduced me to his wife the second time on 2 different nights .. 2 different women

don't mean to hijack the thread .. just too much music we played , when we were young.. great TULL forwards.. thanks
    jScotD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    Bob Denman's name has been mentioned on the Spyder Mates forum in Australia.....very ominous!

They also reckon he's a post-whore!!
    Yea but I think he is a nice guy. Take Snoopy if your looking for a post whore.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post

Bob
    Completely!!! Those who post most of the time just to see their name in Print or to make one funny comment after another after another after another without any content or links that can "Help?" newcomers are Not doing the group any favors!

If people start leaving then "So Will Sponsors?"

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Yea but I think he is a nice guy. Take Snoopy if your looking for a post whore.
    Thanks; PM sent...

Spyder Garage

(just increased my post count by one . . . )

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You see how easy it is?
    Popcorn; I'll join you!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Well; you ride Arctic Cats!
    is that one for sale? I want one of those puppies!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    Did you say something?

Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Bob is just

Truth be known Bob isn't a "post whore, pimp, or a post prostitute." He is a posting addict!

He like stink he is everywhere a it would not be the same around here if he were of a different persona IMO! Atta boy Bob

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ledford View Post
    He like stink he is everywhere

I guess that I've been called a lot worse...