Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Blue Star

When I joined Spyderlovers my daughter just joined the Army, so I went with "Army Dad". Then I learned about the PGR, and how parents of soldiers are called Blue Star. Thus I changed my screen name.

The last forum I was on (years ago) I went by Li4rrut, that was my sign on from work. All names started with LI, and ended with UT. The 4rr came because I am the fourteenth rr in the company (stated at rr1 to 9rr). I stopped using that when someone I got to know pretty good asked me if I was gay? I said no, and asked why? He said because of my screen name. I then realized when you break it up it sounds like "le fruit" I decided not to use that anymore.

(disclaimer: Do not mean to offend, but I am not gay. Nothing wrong if you are, but I am not)
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Purple Guy, fan of Deep Purple...

oddly enough, I also go by Kevin.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

got my Automotive A.S.E Master technician Certificate in 2000 hens the Name mastertek2000 LOL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My 4 kids dubbed me "Mindman" as they were growing up because of the pep talks I always (and still do) give them about how your thoughts, attitudes, and outlook on life and its problems help determine your reality. Using it as a screen name got started as I just went along with the herd using screen names and avatars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    Purple Guy, fan of Deep Purple...

oddly enough, I also go by Kevin.

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Last name, middle name and my lucky number.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

None of your business.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redflasher View Post
    None of your business.

Go back to bed and then get out of it on the right side.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Since my name is Penelope I have always used some form of weaver (remember, the wife of Odysseus). When I got my first spyder I wanted to tie that in hence web weaver. Penny

Spyder Garage

<---------------------####
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Lamont said I couldn't use any of my prison nicknames.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Luck of the Irish

I chose my name due to being Irish, St Patrick's Day is a special day, and then also consider having my spyder as lucky!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    <---------------------####
    But you live in IOWA!!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Right back at ya Bob!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default What's In A Name?

Last name VALentine, CRUZ is my wife's maiden-family name...and we ride a SPYDER. Go ahead...do the math!!!
    "Ride Safe, Ride Long, and Ride Often...Be Free on Three"
    ValCruzSpyder
    2012 RTS-SE5 Pure Magnesium

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    I have never understood why we even need a "handle". Why can't we just use our own names. Why is everyone hiding behind their handle. Is it fear of getting found out. Is it hiding from the Law or IRS. Don't want the x to know where you are at so you don't have to give her her share. What is it. Why can't we just be who we are and not pretend to be someone else.

I have belonged to many a club and members always had a handle. I don't think it has anything to do with concealing your identity...moreso a descriptive "term of endearment" bestowed on you by a loved one/friend/club member. Heck, I even had a "handle" as a 10 year old when playing with my dad's ham radios growing up. I was a HUGE Smoky and the Bandit fan, so would learn CB jargon and get on his ham radio or CB and talk to whoever was out there...was known as Brown Hornet back then.

I would liken it to the nickname you mom called you as a tot. Mine called me "Boo Boo Bear" (Not tellin' why!!!). Sure, she could have called me plain old "Tony" all the time, but I kinda liked her calling me my nickname. A term of endearment I have fond memories of...until she continued to use it in front of my friends in 5th grade, that is. Had to suspend her privileges at that point.

Very Active Member Silvervette05's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just sold my 2005 corvette and got a Camaro, I like the vette name better

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) CSW61's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Made it simple so the wife who owns the spyder could remember it. Her initials and birth year. But she never logs on and I never made one for me. So I just use her user name. Nothing fancy and no hidden meanings.
    2018 RT Limited , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Mine was given to me by a man who lives down the street and who will remain nameless....
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Mine was given to me by a man who lives down the street and who will remain nameless....

, another secret ?? (inside Joke)
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    But you live in IOWA!!
    I own 2 Arctic Cat snowmobiles(a mountain sled and a trail sled). I travel 7,000(ish) miles a year chasing snow anywhere from Idaho to Michigan and everywhere in between with my truck and 30' enclosed trailer. This season I went on 7 snowmobile trips destinations included the UP of Michigan, Alpine, WY, West Yellowstone, MT, Northern MN and rode locally here in Iowa (yes it snows in Iowa). I volunteer for establishing and maintaining a local trail system, I'm the president of the local snowmobile club (going on 12 years). That's why I think the name ARCTIC accurately describes me

sidehill.jpg2012-12-10_14-16-18_200.jpg2012-12-11_11-55-17_723.jpg
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Keep in mind that everything we post here is open for the whole world to see via Google.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Mine is a derivative of one that hotglue (famed husband of the famed Flamingobabe) gave me on a Valkyrie ride way back in 1999. I turned the Valk over in a u-turn, broke my foot, and on top of that, the Valk wouldn't restart.

We (15-20 of us) had to wait for about four hours out in the very hot boondocks for a "wrecker" which turned out to be Farmer John with his trailer.

Anyways, hotglue made the statement of "ataboy" (you dumba$$... implied). And it stuck until I changed it to ataDude a few years later.
    Last edited by ataDude; 04-22-2014 at 01:29 PM.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

OJ UK? No biggie! People call me Jeffers; I'm Old; live in the UK.....or the YUK as it's sometimes known!
    A few years back I was a clan leader for an on line gaming clan and my nick was Old Jeffers.

Next question?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    I own 2 Arctic Cat snowmobiles(a mountain sled and a trail sled). I travel 7,000(ish) miles a year chasing snow anywhere from Idaho to Michigan and everywhere in between with my truck and 30' enclosed trailer. This season I went on 7 snowmobile trips destinations included the UP of Michigan, Alpine, WY, West Yellowstone, MT, Northern MN and rode locally here in Iowa (yes it snows in Iowa). I volunteer for establishing and maintaining a local trail system, I'm the president of the local snowmobile club (going on 12 years). That's why I think the name ARCTIC accurately describes me
    Makes it sound like Spyder riding is just a sideline activity!
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)