Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Picked up my new 2014 RT-S SE6 **AWESOME**

Hello all,
    I'm new to the forum (maybe a week?) and after fretting over it for a while I finally took the plunge and on Good Friday, 2014 I bought a 2014 Pearl White RT-S SE6. I traded in a 2003 Honda ST1300 (an awesome machine) and a 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic for my new Spyder. Needless to say I was a little apprehensive about switching from 2 wheels to 3.

Well, I've put about 110 miles on it since Friday and I have to say that I love it! So far I'm very impressed with the 1330cc engine torque and the semi-auto transmission is way better than I could have imagined. After many years of riding and working the left hand and foot to shift, I wasn't too sure about that semi-auto, but I'm hooked. Really awesome ride and I can't wait to get back out on the road.

I've been cruising this forum for a while now and I would just like to thank those that take the time to share their thoughts and technical know-how about the Spyder. I look forward to reading more and hopefully one day contribute. THANKS ALL!!

Steve

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the party!!!
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your great taste in bikes!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Congratulations and welcome to the group from JAX FL.

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

and welcome to spyderlovers! You defiantly picked an awesome machine to start with your spyder switchover!
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

&

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You will love the 2014 RT, they are one of the best Spyders built
    so far, hopefully trouble free.
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydertracks View Post
    Well, I've put about 110 miles on it since Friday and I have to say that I love it! So far I'm very impressed with the 1330cc engine torque and the semi-auto transmission is way better than I could have imagined. After many years of riding and working the left hand and foot to shift, I wasn't too sure about that semi-auto, but I'm hooked. Really awesome ride and I can't wait to get back out on the road.

Steve
    Yes, I wasn't sure I was going to like the SE6 transmission since that is the only one my dealer ever orders but now that I've used it a bit, I'm really loving it. I especially like downshifting two gears going into an uphill turn or multiple downshifts pulling up to a stop. I have caught myself downshifting when I meant to upshift but it hasn't caused any over revving or anything.

Still playing around with RPMs for the right shift. Right now I'm thinking between 3800-4200
    San Antonio, TX - 2014 RT-S Yellow (of course). Added BRP driver backrest to stock seat. Need to solve Blutooth and iPhone 5S integration problems next.

Former owner of a yellow 2008 Spyder, Cal Sci windshield, Crampbusters, KewlMetal mirror extensions, NoMagicNeon 4" risers, Corbin Seats and dual backrests. Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!! Welcome..!!

To both the roadster world and this awesome site. Good choice your going to love it here and out there. Many miles of smiles ahead for you..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats!

and

Enjoy your new 2014 RT ryde!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Congrats and enjoy.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the world of the 1330
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Spyder Garage

Like yourself, this is our first Spyder after looking at the 13's somehow we waited and got a 14 RTs. The Pearl White is a good color. Easy to keep pretty and is almost an an color for trim if you plan on that.

To the other guy that has made a few missed shifts. For whatever reason, sometime I have done it too. My guess is that from using triggers on the bicycles I somehow have a habit of brain fade.

PK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post

To the other guy that has made a few missed shifts. For whatever reason, sometime I have done it too. My guess is that from using triggers on the bicycles I somehow have a habit of brain fade.

PK
    That's it! I ride mountain and road bikes and the triggers on the mountain bike are trigger to up shift and thumb to downshift. Going to be hard to unlearn that.
    San Antonio, TX - 2014 RT-S Yellow (of course). Added BRP driver backrest to stock seat. Need to solve Blutooth and iPhone 5S integration problems next.

Former owner of a yellow 2008 Spyder, Cal Sci windshield, Crampbusters, KewlMetal mirror extensions, NoMagicNeon 4" risers, Corbin Seats and dual backrests. Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to more smiles to the miles club. Now you need to come to Spyderfest next week in Springfield, MO.

ToM
    Spyderfest 2014

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
    Yes, I wasn't sure I was going to like the SE6 transmission since that is the only one my dealer ever orders but now that I've used it a bit, I'm really loving it. I especially like downshifting two gears going into an uphill turn or multiple downshifts pulling up to a stop. I have caught myself downshifting when I meant to upshift but it hasn't caused any over revving or anything.

Still playing around with RPMs for the right shift. Right now I'm thinking between 3800-4200
    My 14 RT-L SE6 seems to like the 3200-3500 RPM shift points. Coming off a 12 RT-L SE5 w/ shift points at 5500 RPM makes shifting the SE6 at a much lower RPM seem strange. But now with over 2800 miles under my belt on the 14 RT-L it's becoming natural to shift at a much lower RPM.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

and on the new ryde.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It's so tempting to trade in my 2012 RTL in for a 2014 Pearl white.

ToM
    Spyderfest 2014

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Great Minds ...

I was buying my 2014 Pearl White Spyder RT-S on Friday too! I put 100 miles on it on Friday and then visited family for Easter, so have 225 on it now. I, too, love it! I was given business cards for people who belong to two different ryding groups that are not too far from me... I plan to contact both of them and see if anyone else is planning to go to SpyderFest. Hope to see you there!

Apr 18 2014 - Can Am Spyder 010.jpg