Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2012 rs

Mine has 25,000 miles on it and the only thing that has ever gone wrong with it is what was caused by the dealer. I would hope on it tomorrow and do a cross country Ryde! You can't go wrong with a spyder!

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

18,000 trouble free miles on my 2012 RTL.

ToM
    Spyderfest 2014

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtoro1 View Post
    Yes your right but I love my spyder an 2012 RTS and I do my own service with my service manual I too was and aircraft maint. F16 crew chief for 29 years. I think you will love it too.
    Flight mech./crew chief on c-141/c-5/kc-135&c-130's and enjoyed them all(c-5's as long as they were flying,broke when parked!!) I consider myself a motorcyclist not a biker,been messing around w/bikes since age 9(I'm 54 now) have atleast 300,000+ miles under me and my wife has been my co-pilot for at least 100,000 of those miles. Hope to make it to a "spyderfest" sometime during my ownership and get to meet you great people!!

Spyder Garage

20,500 trouble free miles on my 2010 RT-S, love the Spyder.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanzues View Post
    Without reading any further. I have a little over 38 thousand on Spyders, trouble free, slowed down the last couple year due old age, 78. Been over a lot ostates. How ever I ride with a Gold Wing Club and am associate member of GWRRA.
    Wing World magizine has several items on Gold Wing Problems. The 1500's had a habit of "blowing" alternators and many 1500 travelers carried a extra one. Firesomething was a replacement. Gold wings were built in America, Marysville, Ohio until a couple years ago.
    If I was physically able and had the choice of Gold wing or a Spyder for traveling, Spyder all the way.
    As is probably said, past your post, trouble free machines are probably out riding

If you are a GWRRA member, look into their trike course, you can take it on a Spyder and it is a great learning experience.
    Oldmanzes
    Owned a 1994 1500(no problems(57,000miles) and a 2003(90,000+miles)no problems. both in black.Yes I suppose there is no perfect vehicle out there,so I can consider myself lucky that I haven't had to call a flatbed while on the road or going to work,so I hope it stays that way!!

Spyder Garage

Just to add more.....

My Spyder is used mostly as a commuter! I am in rush hour traffic and all kinds of BS. I am sure it is rough on my Sypder to be going 75, then 10, then 60, then... well you get my drift... It's not miles and miles of cruising.....

I will just say about "trusting" my Spyder... If I were to ever go across country.... I would not even think about it twice! I would just go!
    In fact I hope to use my Spyder for something just like that soon!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderyderjim View Post

Hi,
    You will love the torque of 1330 triple motor,smooth shifting SE6 trans, totally reliable 2014 Spyder RT Limited in any cross country ride.
    I doubt if you will ever need a dealer service while traveling with your wise wife!!
    The stock 2014 RT shock springs are stiffer/heavier dampening & pretty good.
    You can do your own oil/oil filter changes as it is easy to remove right side upper panel, oil filter (like on a 2013 Chrysler minivan), & 2 drain plugs.
    I recommend changing to (5 qts) full Synthetic oil at 3,000 miles.
    I also recommend Lamonster cat-delete bypass exhaust pipe, (get rid of heat/choking cat).
    You can search spyderyderjim blogs about my 2014 RT with 4,000 miles 2 months.
    (I also raced/rode dirt bikes in California desert for 31 years).
    Your 2014 RT-L is like: a 1987 CR500 Honda 2 stoke dirt bike; reliable, powerful, smooth, handled very well!!
    Ryde & enjoy your 2014 RT-L with your wife & no worry about carrying tools!!!
    If your ryding near Tucson, Az, pm me for a ride!
    Enjoy.
    Jim
    How about an 89 CR500?? I did the desert dance (calif.and nev.) afew years also as a hobby,even raced XR's and 1 ATK605.Really sucks get'n OLD!!
    Last edited by Mad Mac; 04-19-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Spyder Garage

I bought my first a year before they even sold them [2008 GS I received in Sept 2007]
    it was a great bike and I did not hesitate to jump on it and ride long distance
    I bought a 2014 RT limited in Jan. of this year and I ride every day
    I have one big problem with it though
    If I don't get out there to ride it soon enough it starts calling me every day
    now I can't get anything done because I am riding too much
    Have fun
    Don
    Now 2014 RT Limited Cognac
    Was 2008 GS SM5

Don Garbarino

Cup Holder
    GPS locking holder
    Mud flap
    Modified KNOTT grill
    Phone holder and charger
    Trailer hitch
    Dual air horn
    Auxiliary fuse box with relays
    Heated clothing controller
    volt/oil pressure gauge
    Sequential signals in mirror
    Tri Axis Handle bars
    Baja Ron anti sway bar/heim links
    shorty antenna
    And many more

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    How about an 89 CR500?? I did the desesert dance (calif.and nev.) afew years also as a hobby,even raced XR's and 1 ATK605.Really sucks get'n OLD!!
    But it DOES beat the alternative...
    I came out of the swamps and forests! Just not off of anything as potent as your choices!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Came from a Goldwing to a 2012 RT Limited, love it, wife loves it. Basically trouble free, wouldn't hesitate to ride cross country, even driven international with her, over to Canada.

The issue I have with my spyder is work, seems to get in the way all the time. Now BRP should be sending me a monthly pay checks so I can be out ridding, dam it BRP get your act together.

Harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP needs to put all of us on the payroll as test-pilots!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

And did someone already mention the 48 months of free B.E.S.T. roadside assistance on new 2014s?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Indyron View Post
    "You have to understand that this is not where you go for positive posts."

That's the sad part about this forum.
    Not everyone has a set of rose colored glasses and that's what makes this forum so interesting.

Spyder Garage

You aren't reading ad or promotion messages here. What BRP has accomplished with just five years of manufacture on the RT is remarkable.

Spyder owners may be just a bit more eloquent in both praise and criticism than other owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    You seem reluctant due to this site. You have to understand that this is not where you go for positive posts. We have quite a few but if you ask you will be flooded with them. The 2014 is a totally new version of the RT and so far has had less problems than first run Wings. You get out there on anything negatively and you will find fault with it. You will love this machine once you get the hang of it. You both will love and we have members that have crisscrossed this country with no problems..ryde one you'll see...
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    Well I have to ask.After reading afew threads on this web site,am I wasting my trade in allowance plus cash to buy a $30,000.00 recreational vehicle that when I'm cross country, I have to worry about break downs and crappy dealer support??? I traded in a Goldwing and I've been across this great nation coast to coast several times and never even had a flat tire,never had to add oil,ect.(clean bugs off windsheild and add gas & go/90,000 miles+)Carry a fire extingusher?? I had to give up two wheelers for a while due to knee surgery and my wife convinced me to by a 2014 RT LIMITED so she could feel confident in riding as a passenger just like she was on the WING because she worries about me blowing my knee out at some point or another and does not want to be stranded anywhere and she has always had a soft spot for the SPYDER,soooo I gave in. So tell me folks, am I going to enjoy this new ride or am I going to be visiting my dealer(which is a pretty good one.Bought WING there) more than I normally do?? When I hit the road I do not want to be pulling my tool kit out on the side of the road,save all that action for my garage before riding and taking trips. Thoughts/comments on this is appreciated. Really trying not to WHINE but alittle skepticle at this momment in time.Ride and be safe out there in the jungle.
    I went to three wheels due to leg and hip problems (2011 RT-AC) and, aside from some minor problems early on that were fixed quickly and effectively (and never came close to stranding me) I haven't looked back on buying my Spyder. I love it, my wife loves it and I ride it all the time. Two weeks after I bought it in the St Louis area I rode it down to the Florida Space Coast...towing a trailer. Not one hiccup.

I also have an extremely good dealer.

Go for it...it's worth it.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Have almost 25,000 on my 2011 RT-S All I have done to it is oil changes and two rear tires. Been to all the states on my map with no troubles. Great machines.

Spyder Garage

I have a real problem with our 13 RT Limited. It is a real problem!

I can't keep my ass off of it! Too much fun

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dndfindley View Post
    Sooo...you also have a time machine. Neat! Tell me - do 2113 Spyders fly? I was hoping that a hundred years from now that would be possible.
    Yes, they do fly, but if you don't get the thrusters laser aligned, they wobble.
    Pat
    Burp(Gone, but not forgotten) - Viper Red 2012 RT-S SE5
    B-2 - Intense Red Pearl 2016 RT-S SE6
    GP - Phoenix Orange 2019 F3 LTD