Thread: IRON BUTT

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default IRON BUTT

Well the bags are pack and we are just waiting to head for Spyderfest riding from Castle Rock Co to Springfield Mo on the 29th. I am looking for anyone willing to be a wittness for the start of our Iron Butt when we leave Spyderfest and head home. It looks like the paperwork for the Iron Butt is a pain in the Butt anyway. Last year we extended our ride to 850 miles and did that in a little over 12 hrs so I am sure we can do the 1000 miles I just need to get my wittness lined up anyone willing to do a little paper work if it is sent to you We are staying at the Super 8 across the Highway from the Host Hotel. jtpollock

Just add a Note it's just putting your name and contact number or e-mail on my paper so if I get audtted they have contact that saw us ride off at that time and that location . jtpollock
    Last edited by jtpollock; 04-17-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can't help; but I can wish you the Best of Luck!
    Safe journeys!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Good luck!

I have a friend with the "iron butt" association accreditation! He displays in proudly on the back of his bike!

Good luck to you on your ryde and be safe!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default WOW

I’ve had 111 people look at my post and only 2 had anything to say I really though I get a better response I will probably be able to get the Hotel Manager to witness my exit time from Springfield on the 4th. I have a Fireman lined up to witness our arrival home so thanks anyway not really what I was expecting jtpollock

Spyder Garage

Default Iron Butt

Sorry won"t be ther best of luck.

Spyder Garage

Default gas reciept

If you buy gas at a new station, get the receipt from the pump. most are time stamped. Or take it to a police station, they used to verify.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtpollock View Post
    Well the bags are pack and we are just waiting to head for Spyderfest riding from Castle Rock Co to Springfield Mo on the 29th. I am looking for anyone willing to be a wittness for the start of our Iron Butt when we leave Spyderfest and head home. It looks like the paperwork for the Iron Butt is a pain in the Butt anyway. Last year we extended our ride to 850 miles and did that in a little over 12 hrs so I am sure we can do the 1000 miles I just need to get my wittness lined up anyone willing to do a little paper work if it is sent to you We are staying at the Super 8 across the Highway from the Host Hotel. jtpollock

Just add a Note it's just putting your name and contact number or e-mail on my paper so if I get audtted they have contact that saw us ride off at that time and that location . jtpollock
    Good luck to you. I hope to do the Saddlesore and the BunBurner during the next 12 months.. i have done the Saddlesore distance several times but never lined up the witnesses and paperwork.. going forward I will.. I would be happy to help but am taking a year off from Spyderfest this time
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

when are you leaving? sunday morning? sat afternoon?

pm me with what you need and lets see if we can line it up for you
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

We did our Ironbutt from Charleston SC to Springfield MO at Pitbull, that is, and Len aka Pitbull was happy to sign us off.I'll bet you see him sometime soon, you might ask Len or Lamont. We got our certification back in about 3 weeks. That's really fast by normal Ironbutt standards. Just give them what they request and it's easily done.
    PatrickDSCF1366.jpg
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pandy View Post
    We did our Ironbutt from Charleston SC to Springfield MO at Pitbull, that is, and Len aka Pitbull was happy to sign us off.I'll bet you see him sometime soon, you might ask Len or Lamont. We got our certification back in about 3 weeks. That's really fast by normal Ironbutt standards. Just give them what they request and it's easily done.
    PatrickDSCF1366.jpg
    Thanks that's the kind of info I was looking for.

Spyder Garage

I just remembered this, when we were on our Ironbutt, I would gas up and wife would go inside for the time stamped receipt, saved a lot of time and effort.
    Receipt was then numbered and if not obvious, location written down.
    Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default END of the Iron Butt

Well we completed the IRON BUTT on Sunday May 4th. Kat and I left Springfiels MO at 2:30am Colorado time traveled 1130 miles in 20 hr's. Not sure why is called IRON BUTT, my butt was fine it's my arms and hands that took the beating fighting the wind all day just trying to stay on the spyder. One more thing too cross off my bucket list. jtpollock.

Spyder Garage

I've always heard that you stop at a local fire station because there is always someone on duty, plus the people tending the firehouse have creds that seldom, if ever get questioned. (Rural, volunteer firehouses may not be manned 24 hrs/day.0

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations..!!

did you follow all the instructions, rules and regulation..? So will you be getting you patch..? Probably good thing you had a head wind to keep you from sitting heavy on your butt....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=gnirtsnod;805592]I've always heard that you stop at a local fire station because there is always someone on duty, plus the people tending the firehouse have creds that seldom, if ever get questioned. (Rural, volunteer firehouses may not be manned 24 hrs/day.0[ Fireman got ta love them I have several of them in my family and the guy that wittnessed our end is a fireman. thanks]

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Chupaca;805600]did you follow all the instructions, rules and regulation..? So will you be getting you patch..? Probably good thing you had a head wind to keep you from sitting heavy on your butt....[Ya just getting all the I's crossed and T' dotted sending all the required information Thanks.]

Spyder Garage

Congrats! We're giving the iron butt a shot in July. We plan on going from Northern NJ to New Orleans. Did you have any issues with the paperwork?
    2014 Spyder RT-S SE6 Black (Current)
    My Mods:

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Moto-Track 3 TPMS
    SpyderPops Belt Guard & BumpSkid Plate
    Utopia Driver Back Rest
    Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors
    Tri-Axis Adjustable Handlebar & GPS Support
    Garmin Zumo 665LM
    Heated Comfort Seat
    Front Cargo Remote Electronic Unlock
    CB & Com System with Entertainment Harness
    J&M Elite Headset
    Smooth Spyder Belt Tensioner

Spyder Garage

IDK how you did it, but any clerk at a gas station can be a witness. or they have a list of volunteers who are more than willing to help out and be witnesses as I did in the past with mine. I emailed one of the local volunteers and she pulled up in her car when I was starting my ride and signed it for me and verified I was there at my start time.
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Way to go

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Hydie03;806741]Congrats! We're giving the iron butt a shot in July. We plan on going from Northern NJ to New Orleans. Did you have any issues with the paperwork]

We got the hotel manager to wittness when we started got all gas time stamp and a fireman nextdoor to wittness the time we got home. It's not a race but time counts the rolling time on my spyder was 16.0 hr's but the total time was 20hr's so with all stops we hade an average of 55mph the stops really slow down your average. Good luck it's really not that bad if you have good weather.jtpollock

Spyder Garage

Well we completed the IRON BUTT on Sunday May 4th. Kat and I left Springfiels MO at 2:30am Colorado time traveled 1130 miles in 20 hr's. Not sure why is called IRON BUTT, my butt was fine it's my arms and hands that took the beating fighting the wind all day just trying to stay on the spyder. One more thing too cross off my bucket list. jtpollock.
    on completing the Iron Butt, that is no small feat!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Keep going

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    on completing the Iron Butt, that is no small feat!
    It won't be long before you will want to venture out more and complete these rides also. You can then get the license plate plaques and look for another adventure. Each one of these rides were hard, but the 1500 miles in 24 hours gives you very little chance if you get stuck in traffic or have some sort of mechanical problem. The coast to coast to coast was just a matter of pointing your bike west and ride, turn around and rid back.

The big banana of course is getting into the Iron Butt Rally itself. You have a better chance of getting in the space program. I got in the rally 7 or 8 years ago but unexpected back surgery 4 months before the rally took me out of the rally. I tried to get in a couple of times after that but never got accepted again.

You need to enter and be competitive in the various rally's they have to really have a chance.

i look forward to watching your progress. My LD riding days are pretty much over.

Congratulations on your outstanding achievement.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SpyderMonkei; 05-09-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hydie03 View Post
    Congrats! We're giving the iron butt a shot in July. We plan on going from Northern NJ to New Orleans. Did you have any issues with the paperwork?
    I just got my e-amil that all my paperwork was excepted and We are official menbers of the IRON BUTT Association. Just put everything they asked for in order and sent it in. All is good Hope you have a Safe Ride. We keep a notebook with milage and location for Start and each stop it made it easyer to put the paperwork in order when we got home .jtpollock

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMonkei View Post
    It won't be long before you will want to venture out more and complete these rides also. You can then get the license plate plaques and look for another adventure. Each one of these rides were hard, but the 1500 miles in 24 hours gives you very little chance if you get stuck in traffic or have some sort of mechanical problem. The coast to coast to coast was just a matter of pointing your bike west and ride, turn around and rid back.

The big banana of course is getting into the Iron Butt Rally itself. You have a better chance of getting in the space program. I got in the rally 7 or 8 years ago but unexpected back surgery 4 months before the rally took me out of the rally. I tried to get in a couple of times after that but never got accepted again.

You need to enter and be competitive in the various rally's they have to really have a chance.

i look forward to watching your progress. My LD riding days are pretty much over.

Congratulations on your outstanding achievement.

Thanks for the encouragement but as we are both 60 plus not sure we will try another one and I know that the wife is defiantly out on the 1500 just happy we made it with no problems jtpollockl.