Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Means to Repair and Air a Spyder Tire Roadside?

Greetings,

As I plan for the 1000 mile round trip to SpyderFest, I have angst about the possibility of a flat tire. Repairing the tire is doable…but seems the 12v air compressors (I've seen) draw too many amps (10) for the 3 amp max circuit.

Anyone solved this already?

Thanks in advance

Bogeyjoe

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

just install ride-on well worth the money http://www.ride-on.com/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Look for the co2 type tire inflater cartridge setup. Can be had from any bike shop and even ebay for cheap

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyjoe View Post
    Greetings,

As I plan for the 1000 mile round trip to SpyderFest, I have angst about the possibility of a flat tire. Repairing the tire is doable…but seems the 12v air compressors (I've seen) draw too many amps (10) for the 3 amp max circuit.

Anyone solved this already?

Thanks in advance

Bogeyjoe
    I carry a can of Fix a Flat, a plug kit, and a 12 volt air compressor. I used the plugs before and they failed. Now I use plugs and than Fix a Flat to inflate the tire and then top it off with the 12 volt air compressor, I used this method and never had a problem. I have a Battery Tender 081-0069-8 Female Cigarette Adaptor for Quick Disconnect with 16 foot cord(Amazon.com) that plugs into a Battery Tender 081-0069-6 Ring Terminal Harness with Black Fused 2-Pin Quick Disconnect Plug(Amazon.com) and fused it for 15 amp fuse. I tested to top off my read tire that was 11 psi low, it worked well.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Most little compressors come with alligator clamps. Connect directly to the jump start terminals under the seat (in the front trunk for 2013 and newer). For plug kits I recommend the Stop-N-Go kits. They also have a combo kit with a compressor.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Depends..!

If handy the plug kit and compressor/co2 works well. If less handy the fix a flat works. I hear ride-on works well but I'm not happy with stuff inside my tires. Now I haven't seen much about flats reported. Doesn't mean it isn't. You have options...by all means carry along something + AAA...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I just went to the Ride-On site and they have set up a section just for the Can-Am Spyder. Although it is still the basic one for the Automobile just in a combo pac of 3.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Most little compressors come with alligator clamps. Connect directly to the jump start terminals under the seat (in the front trunk for 2013 and newer). For plug kits I recommend the Stop-N-Go kits. They also have a combo kit with a compressor.
    I've got the one with the CO2 cartridges.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Spyder Garage

For a little piece of mind, this is what I picked up...

http://store.valueaccessories.net/St...RepairKit.aspx
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I'm using Ride- on ...went to gettyburg last summer from Montana ....on worries...also. The balancing effect made the ride great..... Plan to install in our'14 before we leave for spyderfest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post
    I've got the one with the CO2 cartridges.
    I carry CO2 cartridges for my motorcycle, but the Spyder tires are so large they would take several large cartridges to fill sufficiently to limp to a gas station.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I use a bicycle pump to fill my spyder tire with and in case of an emergency I have Bob's cell number. In all other cases I have Spyders to the Rescue on my phone as well as Roger's Spyder Codes which has Spyders to the Rescue built in.

JT

Spyder Garage

I use a small compressor that plugs in the rear 12 volt.
    It is the one by Slime.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black