Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gasman129 View Post
    .......The only dealer remotely close to me that laser aligns will touch my ryde unless factory tires are put on.
    Im not 100% on this but still 'pretty sure' that in this country (Aus) so long as you are proposing running a tire that matches the necessary bead profile (in this instance, passenger car profile) & meets or exceeds the load & speed ratings specified, then any dealer AND any manufacturer who does the above could be charged with & fined massively for colluding to create a monopoly & restrictive trade practices as well as being ordered to cease said practices immediately.... & I thought that our laws on this sort of stuff were closely modelled on the US laws.

There are very few Passenger Car tires made that don't significantly exceed the speed & load ratings of the Kenda & as specified by BRP; the bead profile on the Spyder rims & the Kenda tires is identical to the mandated passenger car profile; and there is NO way that the crappy Kenda tires match or even get close to most passenger car tires in terms of the ride, handling, wear, or traction ratings they get awarded by independent authorities!

As for those who haven't yet tried passenger car tires on their Spyder's for whatever reason, they simply don't realise yet how much better all round their Spyder could be with 'real' tires fitted instead of the Kenda crap - and their Nanny would just lurve having tires to deal with that didn't wear, ride, slip, or have such limited traction as the Kenda's do!! The only reason I can see for BRP &/or dealers to insist on running/fitting such sub-standard tires is to gouge Spyder owners &/or collude in the practices described above - & the prices they charge people for these crappy tires & any associated fitting/alignment work seems to support this assumption....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replys. My other issue is finding a dealer that would put non-stock on. The two dealers I have here won't tough my ryde unless I buy stock tires. The ryde actually tracks really well so not sure if I would need it aligned.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Hey Gasman

If you have a good Indy mc shop in your area, they could easily mount your new tire. Probably much cheaper than any dealer. I use a local Indy shop. He did tires, brake fluid, clutch fluid on my Spyder . He now works on my HD when I need something done.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Coz. I am actually in the northern portion of the state. 10 mi from Michigan. Just new at the Spyder and was just concerned about taking it to a non Can Am shop.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    My son has installed these on several spyders and has never had a traction complaint. It will soon be a mute issue though, cause as the toyo proxes went by by so are the kumho's. They stopped making these a while back, in fact this size is disappearing except in a race tire.
    Went to the Kumho USA web site and couldn't find a bulletin confirming that this tire was discontinued. They did have other models they discontinued, but not the Kumho Ecsta AST. In fact they were advertising it's availability under the tire sizes chart for the Kumho Ecsta AST 225/50 R15. Not saying it's not true, but where did you get this information?