Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Rear turn signal stalk elimination

The rear turn signal stalks have to go. After researching deep in the dark past of spyderlovers, the perfect solution seems to be the ESI all-in-one. Great! Well they dont sell them anymore. Any other ideas to convert the tail/brake lights into turn signals as well? Sure! Theres the triple play! But I dont need the included leds for the turn signals, and I dont really want the extra harness for said signals bouncing around underneath.

Question number two- I want to convert the brake/taillights to the genesis LEDs. According to old posts those came seperate at one point. All i can find on ESI is the genesis tails with brand new housings, for$224! My perfectly good housings arent in the mood for being replaced.

Anyone have a personal relationship with the guys at ESI and could make an all in one and/or LED taillights without housing happen?

I tried emailing them in the past, but whichever robot auto answers email wasnt any help.

On i side note, ive tried the pilot 1157 leds from pepboys before, worked great until some magical electric gremlin decided that limp mode would be fun, after they worked fine for several months. Back to incadescent, no more limp mode. Dont really want to go that route again.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the club, I had the same trouble with the same bulbs....

Quote Originally Posted by msj4848 View Post
    The rear turn signal stalks have to go. After researching deep in the dark past of spyderlovers, the perfect solution seems to be the ESI all-in-one. Great! Well they dont sell them anymore. Any other ideas to convert the tail/brake lights into turn signals as well? Sure! Theres the triple play! But I dont need the included leds for the turn signals, and I dont really want the extra harness for said signals bouncing around underneath.

Question number two- I want to convert the brake/taillights to the genesis LEDs. According to old posts those came seperate at one point. All i can find on ESI is the genesis tails with brand new housings, for$224! My perfectly good housings arent in the mood for being replaced.

Anyone have a personal relationship with the guys at ESI and could make an all in one and/or LED taillights without housing happen?

I tried emailing them in the past, but whichever robot auto answers email wasnt any help.

On i side note, ive tried the pilot 1157 leds from pepboys before, worked great until some magical electric gremlin decided that limp mode would be fun, after they worked fine for several months. Back to incadescent, no more limp mode. Dont really want to go that route again.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

What did you end up doing?

Spyder Garage

Default Just a thought..!!

You could always go to the flush mount turn signals. There are many of those and they don't stick out at all. Check the sport bike sites they hate turn signals...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Bump for options, thoughts, suggestions, ideas!

Spyder Garage

I have no suggestions, but I would talk to Custom Dynamics if you can't get ahold of ESI. ESI sold out their line to Custom Dynamics several years ago, and are now just a reseller.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    You could always go to the flush mount turn signals. There are many of those and they don't stick out at all. Check the sport bike sites they hate turn signals...
    You beat me to it!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags