Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I rode about 250 miles, yesterday, and did not experience the extreme heat under the seat, that I did, before the update. The gas cap does not seem as hot, when refueling, either . . . one thing I have learned to do, however, before ending the ride, is to fill my gas tank at a gas station that is close to home (less than a mile.) That cools the gas tank, and stops the gas from venting so dramatically . . . a 1/4 full tank, after a long ride, has gas in it that is the same temperature as under the Tupperware . . . and may be close to boiling. The boiling point of gasoline is between 100-400 degrees F. This temperature depends on the grade of gasoline and what other substances may be mixed in, and boiling gas will certainly be pushing fumes through the canister, faster than the charcoal can absorb it . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad to hear that you're seeing an improvement!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I just got back from an 80 mile ride at mostly freeway speeds. Last year, after a ride that far, my glove box would be hot, and if I lifted the seat, the heat coming up from the place where the seat latch is, would be hot enough to burn skin . . . today, it was just warm air! Now, it was only in the high 50's, low 60's for my ride, but this is encouraging!
    Wife and I went for a 200 mile ride last Saturday. Temp was 75. ran well, did not overheat. Fan never came on at speed, but did when in slow traffic in tiny towns in the Hudson Valley in NY. Even then, not as much as it used to. So, I think that the 2013-9 warranty campaign work has helped. We will see when the temp is 80 - 90.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that it's... "So far; so good!"
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default UPDATE ON MY EARLIER POST REFERENCE THE HEAT

This is an update from my earlier comments. Today it was 92 degrees outside and my temperature reading on my spyder was 104 degrees. Again, I had the service bulletin performed and I am NOT feeling the heat on my left inner thigh coming from the corbin seat gas door. For those of you who don't have, this door has a slight crack between the door and seat that allows heat to escape. Before the service bulletin, this heat was burning my left inner thigh. (yes I wear shorts 95% of the time when I ride). I do think that the service bulletin has reduced the heat inside.

Now when it comes to the "black hole of heat" I am still experiencing a lot of heat and it is hot.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    This is an update from my earlier comments. Today it was 92 degrees outside and my temperature reading on my spyder was 104 degrees. Again, I had the service bulletin performed and I am NOT feeling the heat on my left inner thigh coming from the corbin seat gas door. For those of you who don't have, this door has a slight crack between the door and seat that allows heat to escape. Before the service bulletin, this heat was burning my left inner thigh. (yes I wear shorts 95% of the time when I ride). I do think that the service bulletin has reduced the heat inside.

Now when it comes to the "black hole of heat" I am still experiencing a lot of heat and it is hot.

Hope this helps.

Chris
    Thanks for the update. Now I just have to find a time to get mine done.

Spyder Garage

Okay, this is the latest. Today it was 96 degrees here in Sanford, Flarda. I have a 2013 RT-S and had the service bulletin fix. I've reported earlier on this, but at cooler temperatures.

My spyder was registering 107 degrees on the guage. The "fan bar" was most always a shade above the halfway mark. Note that I have a Corbin seat which has the gas door. This door has presented problems heat wise in the past for me. I wear shorts (don't want to hear it) when I ride. There are small cracks where the gas door is. Heat comes out of that and in the past has burned the inside of my thigh.

I'm happy to report that today with my shorts on there was no burn. In fact the area around the gas door, glove compartment and generally underneath the family jewels was warm, but certainly not unbearable.

Now as for the right lower block hole of death. It still felt like a torch. I just move my foot back on the floorboard when it gets unbearable.

So my conclusion at least for my spyder is that the service bulletin update did in fact reduce (didn't eliminate) the heat. Additionally, as a residue from this bulletin, my spyder is running much much smoother.

Chris

Spyder Garage

MP you need to look into doing what I did with the 2014 right grille. My mod along with my Seal floorboards has almost totally alleviated the heat from the hole.

2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    MP you need to look into doing what I did with the 2014 right grille. My mod along with my Seal floorboards has almost totally alleviated the heat from the hole.

Dave, I remember you posting, and thought that I had saved to my "favorite places", but for the life of me I cannot find. Would you please be so kind as to repost or just give the link. I like the idea.

Chris Edit: PS: Dave, I just found it in my favorites. I remembered I liked the idea so much that I saved. I just couldn't find it earlier. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Chris
    Last edited by MouthPiece; 05-23-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post

I'm getting an invalid album when trying to open the pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD