Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Finless, I know you said in the video that you didn't know the part number for those connectors but I am having a difficult time locating some, where did you source them from?
    Thanks for the video, it helped me install my gps tonight.

Spyder Garage

Bob thank you for getting back to my thread. You were right about your video. For some reason I thought of Lamont as the one that come up with the install video. Sorry about that. Have a question for you. I have the Garmin 665 and have the BRP install on the handle bar center. Can I use the wiring harness that is from Garmin when I move the GPS to the gage port like you did. I plan on using the Gas gage port on the right. Seems to me that the wires would have a shorter distance to be rerouted. May be you can give me some insight on this. Bob

Spyder Garage

Since I do not have the stock spyder GPS cable I just do not know if it will reach. Can you pull the cable to that location?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I simply bought a new Garmin cable and left the original where it was. I zip tied the new one to the old one when rerouting. I found the only way to get the cabling off to was to cutting it as the parts don't fit thru the hole in the steering base. Way easier to just the a replacement form garmin or I believe GPScity was the cheapest.
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Gps?

Thanks all your ideas were awesome! There is one garmin that has a backup camera maybe that's a good option????