Spyder Garage

Unhappy Can't Find a '14 RT

So I'm a little bummed - called the dealer to start the process of buying a white '14 RT, and.......... they don't have any. Apparently very few dealers order the base RT's so it looks like I will have a hard time getting what I want. There's maybe one or two white ones on the dealer locator, but those dealers may not want to release them. The dealer said all the orders for Spyders are done at one time and there is a cut-off date for placing final requests; it appears it is late enough in the '14 model year that the dealer is unable to add anything to their pre-existing order or be able to change something that is already in their pipeline (from an RTS to RT).

Here's where I'm a little conflicted. I could probably travel 6-8 hours away (current dealership is 2-3 hours away), and perhaps find what I want. But then I haven't established a relationship with the dealer that will most likely do the warranty work on the Spyder. But I know finding a trusted service department is really, really important...........or not so good things can happen

Trying to figure out if I should look elsewhere, wait for the year-end clearance and get an RTS or opt for a '15 model.
    But I want one NOW!!!!

Last edited by CentralCoastCA; 04-03-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He may be trying to blow a little smoke up your...
    He can still put in an order for a bike for you.
    My guess; is that he's not willing to make a call to try to keep a potential customer happy...
    Run; don't walk, to another dealer!
    Sorry...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Even if you have you go alittle further to place your order, do it with the dealer that Wants your business.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Cycle Trader

On the advanced search on Cycle trader you should be able to find one. You can even tailor your search to a given radius of your zip code. Back here in Northwest Ohio, Honda East has a White RT basic listed on his website. You could fly here and ride it back instead of having it shipped, just an idea.

Spyder Garage

Why not do a fly and drive to Pitbull? I am guessing they will bend over backwards to accommodate your needs.

It is really a shame when a local dealer won't place a special order, or make an effort to find exactly what you are looking for. I guess business is so good that they don't need any money or additional customers.

My recommendation is to run, run, run, from that local dealer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Why not do a fly and drive to Pitbull? I am guessing they will bend over backwards to accommodate your needs.

It is really a shame when a local dealer won't place a special order, or make an effort to find exactly what you are looking for. I guess business is so good that they don't need any money or additional customers.

My recommendation is to run, run, run, from that local dealer.
    Can promise Len and crew will do what they can to please you. They did for me!
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Spyder Garage

There are two whith Rt's at Bradford marine in Sherwood Ar.
    there number is 501-247-1844 .
    one is an Rt's and one Rt limited.
    i know that is a long way but a nice ride back home.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

I called another dealer and they have one coming into their shop...........and the OTD price (bike, tax, licensing & fees) was really comparable. Going to talk to hubby about reserving this one.

However, I learned as the dealer did, that BRP is holding up inventory at the factory and telling dealers to stop selling the '14 Can Am's until a factory update is done and none will be shipped from the factory until "updated". Sold '14's will be notified to come in for the "update" as soon as possible. The dealer could not find out what the "update" was.

That was actually good to find out why inventory from BRP is running late now...........
    Last edited by CentralCoastCA; 04-03-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that you found one!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

California frowns on buying vehicle outside of the State. You would have to have it shipped from the out of state dealer to your dealer, and have them deliver it anyway - or so my relatives who are stuck living there tell me.....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    California frowns on buying vehicle outside of the State. You would have to have it shipped from the out of state dealer to your dealer, and have them deliver it anyway - or so my relatives who are stuck living there tell me.....
    I picked up one in Vegas and rode it home to Los Angeles. It was a bit inconvenient, but not that big of an issue (I used a service to handle the registration - it cost me about $100). You do pay the CA sales tax of course.

Also - make sure it is a CA legal model. Not all of them are.

Spyder Garage

Default Dealer in your reach

Del Amo Motorsports www.delamomotorsports.com 310-220-2223 Great Technicians Real good service there in Redondo Beach not to far from you might be surprised as to what they can do for you.

Spyder Garage

Default Shipping in 2 weeks (give or take)

Email from the dealer - BRP said it "should" ship in about 2 weeks to CA.

Spyder Garage

I have been to at least four dealers in SoCal in the last two weeks and all had RTs on the floor.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 04-03-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    I have been to at least four dealers in SoCal in the last two weeks and all had RTs on the floor.
    I have been looking for the base model RT, while most dealers stock RTS & RTL's. I did find one in the outer LA area though

Spyder Garage

I saw a base model at Malcolm Smith Motorsports on Monday. Call and ask for Alexander, (951) 687-1300
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Come up,to Longview , wa. The dealer,is pro caliber, here and they have bikes here, so call and fly up,then drive back,home.. Give them a call.tell,them wino,set you.,great price to.....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ok jw hope this help you out. Also fixed tires to,day give me a call ..thks for your help, spacetrucker thanks so much for all the big help......

Spyder Garage

I have the RT base model, true most dealer don't stock or order the RT. I ordered mines the second week of January came in the last week of February. It's been worth the wait, first Can Am I have owned. I've had Honda's, Kawa's, and have a Suzuki M109 now, this RT will be used for long distance riding.

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing..!!

Just because you buy your roadster at a dealer dosen't mean you can't go elsewhere for your service. About the only thing I've seen dealers do is not give certain discounts if you did not purchase from them. Registering out of state units is a nightmare in CA. If dealer brings it in you will save a bunch. Hopefully those near you have good service tech's. Many drive hours to get good service...good luck...if you find one down here let me know and you can stay over while you transact...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black