Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I was still on the chestnut seamstressing.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    My friend told me that his wife was complaining about hot feet on his 2013 RT, he said that she was very uncomfortable with this, I told him to come by the house and i would look at it. He came by with his wife (this was in August last year 95+ Temp), when he rode up i could immediately see the problem. She was wearing shorts and flip flops.

After about 15 minutes of explanation she finally got it, problem solved.

Cruzr Joe
    I was going to say something about flip-flops.... I'll never get people that ride in flip-flops and shorts.... especially flip-flops. I have a SM5 and it would hurt like heck everytime I shifted if I wore flip-flops. Seriously people.... at least wear a sturdy tennis shoe.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    .apparently the fan blows hot air onto her foot.........I looked at the area and there is a space on the bottom and top of the fan area that is open..............does anyone know of a plate/shield etc that she can buy to eliminate this problem?????
    I just fitted Spyderpops SPY101 Missing Air Dam and SPY104 Air Management Kit to my 2008 RS SM5 and thought you might like to know my results.
    In 30C ambient tempterature:

• cruising at 90kph and above I was previously showing 5 bars on the temperature guage, but now it is 4 bars
    • below 70kph and around town I was showing 5 bars and there has been no change
    • there is a HUGE difference in that my feet are no longer being toasted at low speeds (i.e. around town)

So, obviously worthwhile, but not a cure-all.
    2016 F3-S , Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Keeping a cool heel

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
    I was going to say something about flip-flops.... I'll never get people that ride in flip-flops and shorts.... especially flip-flops. I have a SM5 and it would hurt like heck everytime I shifted if I wore flip-flops. Seriously people.... at least wear a sturdy tennis shoe.
    I guess those who ride without safety in mind haven't seen the vids, read the stories or looked at any of the pertinent info that describes very clearly why proper riding (ryding) attire is not only recommended but should be mandatory.

My old, favourite pic was this one of the bare foot. Gee, is that his Mother looking on?
    Now it's pics of riding boots that make me smile broader even yet.
    That's what I wear now. Redwing!!
    Helps immensely with thee 'hot foot syndrome' too.

Chas
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ChasCS; 08-11-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's a pretty rough picture... but it perfectly illustrates what can happen when things don't go as planned!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Long and winding road on Sunday

A happy bunch of us on our Spyder's left Edmonton headed South, while an equal and excited bunch from Calgary rode North, where we all met up, just outside of Red Deer, in Sylvan Lake.

While wearing my new boots I rarely noticed the heat and my ride was comfortably pleasant, both the journey down and as well returning back to home.

Regretfully my only disappointment was forgetting to bring the new RENS sheepskin seat cover.
    So I never got to test out its effectiveness on a lengthy, several hour ride, while going in both directions. The secondary highway was much more pleasant than the regular route, much less traveled, compared to the main highway that we are so used to traveling on a daily basis.

Chas

Spyder Garage

I've noticed on my 13 rs that I was getting a lot of foot heat , on left side. When I took in this year and they did upgrades not as much. I put floorboards on noticed substantial heat when my feet are lower. Which is not a big deal can move back up to the pegs

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Stock pegs here

I think having only the foot pegs to rest the boots on, likely allows a little more air to pass by the feet freely.
    I can see how having front floor boards may, aside from riding comfort, could also tend to trap more heat near the feet. Why I like and would prefer those webbed floor board designs.

I have learned to not hug the bike so close with my legs, unless making a sharp bend in the road.
    You really need to hang on, through those hairpin corners, at any speed.

Chas