Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Hot right side

Does anyone know if there is a youtube of the Spyder-Pops mod on doing this?
    I have heard of people rerouting the air by doing various things after the block off - including drilling holes in the floor pan, using a piece of dryer flex hose towards the bottom, taking off the floor pan, etc...

I have not verified how this is put together underneath, so I have no idea what I am getting into, but I want to be done with a hot foot.

Will blocking off the bottom be enough? I do not use the standard peg, but use webboards, which wraps up near the upper outlet.
    Do I need to block off the upper right too?

Next, will blocking off the entire right side make the heat come out the left?

Anyone have any knowledge on these questions?

Any pictures or video of installations that work?

Spyder Garage
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

​Try riding in Arizona this time of the year. 105-117 degrees. You don't know hot! Mostly in May-July.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I don't have that problem on my 2009 GS since I don't have a right leg. LOL My sick try at humor.

Spyder Garage

Default Half chaps

I just ordered a set of half chaps from Jamin' Leather. $59.95. I figure these with the block off plate should help the burning right leg. Now I have to figure out what to do about the roasting family chestnuts.

Spyder Garage

Rode 50 miles today in 105 degree heat. First time the radiator/fan heat got to me. Thinking of Spyderpops but there are two radiator outlets. One higher and one lower where I shove my right foot. I you block the large hole (upper) you are forcing all the heat toward my right foot. The bottom of the cavity has no opening. It consists of raised plastic where several cross members from the frame are. I cannot find room to drill door knob sized holes for air relief if I cover both holes. Will have to talk to Harvey to see the solution. 2013 RTS SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tommyoneleg View Post
    I don't have that problem on my 2009 GS since I don't have a right leg. LOL My sick try at humor.
    That would be funny but I just looked at Bob Denmans link and am still trying to regain my composure.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AlEverett View Post
    I just ordered a set of half chaps from Jamin' Leather. $59.95. I figure these with the block off plate should help the burning right leg. Now I have to figure out what to do about the roasting family chestnuts.
    sew pot holder fabric to the inside of the right one. It will cool down your whole body.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    That would be funny but I just looked at Bob Denmans link and am still trying to regain my composure.
    I just looked at that, wow gross. Chop that sucker right off, he will still have most of his leg and he will have normal life.

Spyder Garage

I just looked at that, wow gross. Chop that sucker right off, he will still have most of his leg and he will have normal life.
    Did you know that injuries to feet, toes, and ankles account for 39% of motorcycle injuries? Also, a US Marine Corps study showed that by wearing armored motorcycle boots 93% of those injuries can be avoided! and wearing non-armored boots eliminates 89% of the injuries?
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Default Hot feet solution :)

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    My friend just bought a 2011 RS Spyder and has wanted one for a very long time so now she is happy......but she says her right foot gets hot as heck when riding...apparently the fan blows hot air onto her foot.........I looked at the area and there is a space on the bottom and top of the fan area that is open..............does anyone know of a plate/shield etc that she can buy to eliminate this problem?????

Spyder Garage

And how do you propose these provide ANY relief to the driver hot foot problem when sitting in traffic?

Very few folks have much problem with the radiator exhaust while going 70mph down the freeway....

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    Did you know that injuries to feet, toes, and ankles account for 39% of motorcycle injuries? Also, a US Marine Corps study showed that by wearing armored motorcycle boots 93% of those injuries can be avoided! and wearing non-armored boots eliminates 89% of the injuries?
    I don't know what to do with that, all I know is that I don't have any part of my right leg or my right side of my pelvis (right side hemi-pelvectomy) so I am pretty sure I can joke about stuff like that. Nevertheless the picture foot was something else, that hurt. lol

Spyder Garage

I don't know what to do with that, all I know is that I don't have any part of my right leg or my right side of my pelvis (right side hemi-pelvectomy) so I am pretty sure I can joke about stuff like that. Nevertheless the picture foot was something else, that hurt. lol
    I am sorry you lost your leg. How does that affect your riding?
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am sorry you lost your leg. How does that affect your riding?
    It effects it a lot, on the spyder I slide a lot on the seat when taking right hand turns. I can't really get in turns like I want to but you adjust, the one nice thing is I attached gun holders to my right side foot pegs to hold my crutches. Now, as for two wheels that is a whole different story, what I will tell you is I do miss leaning hard into a turn.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

All hand controls right? What about some kind of a stirrup or a bracket like on a peddle bike to hold the one foot in place on the peg? Might give you the ability to really work your body position being able to push and pull with only one leg?...also a good seat guy to do some grippy areas on the seat cover??.....just a thought.

Spyder Garage

May be interested in seeing Alan Kempster. He's a double amputee bike racer from Australia:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    May be interested in seeing Alan Kempster. He's a double amputee bike racer from Australia:

I have talk with Alan a lot and just as I stated before you learn how to deal with it. I do slide all over but it is not a big deal, sometimes I hang of the side but you get used to it. I rather enjoy it, is just different now, I come from the racing side of the motorcycle world, raced on and off for years, amateur of corse. Now Alan is amazing as a rider and a person, very inspirational

I only have a hand brake, I still shift with my left foot.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It seems that my IP address was block since I offended someone in this thread, sorry if I did but since I only have one leg I feel I can joke about. I want to thank the people that I have been talking to about riding and stuff but having my IP address blocked has made me feel like garbage that is two-inches tall, I mean I am the one with the one leg. I have gone through hell over the last 12yrs and humor is my way of staying sane, to everyone that was nice to me on this site thank you, keep riding!!!!!! and hope to see you on the street.

thanks
    Tom

PS I am using a IP address blocker right now.

Spyder Garage

It seems that my IP address was block since I oNffended someone in this thread, sorry if I did but since I only have one leg I feel I can joke about. I want to thank the people that I have been talking to about riding and stuff but having my IP address blocked has made me feel like garbage that is two-inches tall, I mean I am the one with the one leg. I have gone through hell over the last 12yrs and humor is my way of staying sane, to everyone that was nice to me on this site thank you, keep riding!!!!!! and hope to see you on the street.

thanks
    Tom

I hope we can meet up one day and Ryde together.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

It seems that my IP address was block since I offended someone in this thread, sorry if I did but since I only have one leg I feel I can joke about. I want to thank the people that I have been talking to about riding and stuff but having my IP address blocked has made me feel like garbage that is two-inches tall, I mean I am the one with the one leg. I have gone through hell over the last 12yrs and humor is my way of staying sane, to everyone that was nice to me on this site thank you, keep riding!!!!!! and hope to see you on the street.

thanks
    Tom

The server was acting funky this morning/last night. Hope Lamonster has things running right now.
    Thank you for being open and joke away!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

sew pot holder fabric to the inside of the right one. It will cool down your whole body.
    Sew pot holder fabric to the inside of the right family chestnut???!!????!?!?!!??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by msj4848 View Post
    Sew pot holder fabric to the inside of the right family chestnut???!!????!?!?!!??

Yeah. Do that. I double dare ya.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I would like some references and fact-checking as to how this will cool down your entire body??!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by msj4848 View Post
    I would like some references and fact-checking as to how this will cool down your entire body??!
    think about it....if your leg is cooler, the heat NOT going into the leg will not radiate through your whole body. Same principe of if some people get cold feet then they feel cold all over. I didn't mean that it would act like air conditioning, only that you would feel a bit cooler overall.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe