Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Stopping people from messing with your spyder

I find myself in possesion of an xena and came up with an idea and wanted to run it by you guys to see what you tthought. Taking a cable and runing it from the handlebars through the passenger handholds making an X across the seat and hanging the xena at the crossing point. The idea is if anyone trys to sit on or mess with the spyder the xena will sound off. What do you think?
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There was someone on here before that was selling a light weight "sun shade" that went from the bars back across the seat. Spydersisters? It works great, easy to use and stows away in a small space. I think it's on ebay too...??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wind may set it off???

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Anything that deters people from touching your machine is a good idea. Covers, cable locks, rude signage, etc...

If you are looking for an inexpensive option you might want to consider something like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Mot...torcycle+alarm

Stick it under the seat or in the front trunk, or anywhere that works. Arm it with the fob and walk away. If someone tampers with the bike it will set off the alarm and deter them from trying to mess further with your machine. Obviously not a full featured motorcycle alarm yet it works for me and at $11.09 it might be worth considering.

Spyder Garage

Why not just put a sign up, "Keep Your Fat Ass Off" or "Keep Your Hands To Yourself".

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    There was someone on here before that was selling a light weight "sun shade" that went from the bars back across the seat. Spydersisters? It works great, easy to use and stows away in a small space. I think it's on ebay too...??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Yup! they're on EBay, and that's a great way to keep the curious off of your bike!

I don't like signs that stay "Keep Off"... it might just provoke a response that turns out to be far worse...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I can't even imagine walking up to a bike and touching it or sitting on it. The people that ride those things .... well you know how they are.

Current Bikes:
    2018 BMW K1600 B
    2012 Spyder RT LTD - Sold
    2003 HD VRSCA (VROD)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Anything that deters people from touching your machine is a good idea. Covers, cable locks, rude signage, etc...

If you are looking for an inexpensive option you might want to consider something like this.

Stick it under the seat or in the front trunk, or anywhere that works. Arm it with the fob and walk away. If someone tampers with the bike it will set off the alarm and deter them from trying to mess further with your machine. Obviously not a full featured motorcycle alarm yet it works for me and at $11.09 it might be worth considering.
    Nice Good to have a little anti sit on my bike protection. Reviews are good too.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post

I found a YouTube of what appears to be the same thing! Might get one for the GS that has not got steering lock because of billet riser when in a store.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Decades ago in the last century, I used to sell a variety of Elert Security Alarms. It was a cool product. There were several different versions depending on the application of use.
    below is the REDelert.
    image.jpg

Spyder Garage

Pathetic that some people don't understand simple respect and mess with bikes belonging to others. Wonder if they would be so brave as to sit on one in front of a biker bar frequented by MC's?
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

I have been thinking of ideas to keep people off my Spyder also. Came out of the store one time to see some random guy sitting on my Spyder!!! He must have seen me when I pulled up on it cause he seen me coming back jumped off my bike got in his car and left. But not after leaving a scratch just in front of the seat! Don't understand what makes people think it is ok to this?!?

Spyder Garage

Yes, it is a Spydersisters sunshade . . . it folds up small and has it's own, self-contained, storage bag. It fits over the handlebars and covers the entire seat. It discourages folks from sitting on your Spyder, and also keeps your seat at ambient temperature on a hot, sunny day, because it is shaded. I love mine. http://spydersisters.com/Pockets.html here is a photo from their web page spyder sisters.jpg

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default Gorilla Alarm

I only had one morron sit on my Spyder, but there are a lot of folks that will grab the handlebars or put a foot on a foot peg. Since then I have the Gorilla Alarm install. I don't know if it is any better than any other alarm but it has been my experience that it works very well. As I walk away, to go into a store or a coffee shop, I press the arming button twice that puts it in warn away mode. In that mode it will not ring a full alarm only a single chirp when someone touches it. I have seen it happen that someone touched the handlebar, it chirped once and the person looked around with that panicked look on their face. I had a smile for an hour after that.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

BRP half cover works great and it keeps the sun off of everything as well............
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post

I found a YouTube of what appears to be the same thing! Might get one for the GS that has not got steering lock because of billet riser when in a store.
    I ordered one pretty cool for $11
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Why not just put a sign up, "Keep Your Fat Ass Off" or "Keep Your Hands To Yourself".
    I hear what you're saying, but I think that one might be a bit self defeating, as too many like a challenge! LOL!

Personally; I leave a several large, tough looking hamsters on the seat whenever I park it. They're all Rodent Gangster Disciples members, and got the tats, do rags, and Glock 40s to prove they mean business! Seems to have worked so far!

If that's not your thing....................have you considered a trunk monkey?

That's my kinda vehicle tampering prevention!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I only had one morron sit on my Spyder, but there are a lot of folks that will grab the handlebars or put a foot on a foot peg. Since then I have the Gorilla Alarm install. I don't know if it is any better than any other alarm but it has been my experience that it works very well. As I walk away, to go into a store or a coffee shop, I press the arming button twice that puts it in warn away mode. In that mode it will not ring a full alarm only a single chirp when someone touches it. I have seen it happen that someone touched the handlebar, it chirped once and the person looked around with that panicked look on their face. I had a smile for an hour after that.

I like that idea.

As for the one mentioned earlier...
    Say you walk away for 1/2 hour or more, I'd hate to think the alarm would be sitting there going off the whole time you are away unless it resets itself....I don't think the one mentioned above resets itself?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    I like that idea.

As for the one mentioned earlier...
    Say you walk away for 1/2 hour or more, I'd hate to think the alarm would be sitting there going off the whole time you are away unless it resets itself....I don't think the one mentioned above resets itself?

9v batteries are cheap enough if it makes someone walk away I am willing to pay that cost. Reviews says it goes off after 40 sec I will carry a spare battery

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Interesting thread

I like the seat cover idea as well as the alarms. I might buy a few of those alarms... one for the machine, one for my front door, and one for my mother's door

I looked out my showroom window once and saw some young father with his small child in his arms kicking as he attempted to place the child on my BMW. I got outside just in time to see the child kick the tank and seat.. I said get your kid ff my bike.. it costs more than 25¢ to ride this ride. Young father looked pained, said I didn't think it would matter, as he lifted child off my motorcycle as the kid kicked it one last time..had to do a little rubbing to get the scuff marks off

Yes, I don't get it either.

At the local CanAm shop, they have signs on the seats that say DO NOT SIT ON THIS

Spyder Garage

I've found (caught) a few sitting on my Spyder, asked them where their car is, walked over and sat either in their car or on the hood. Even had to explain why to one idiot.

john

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have the scorpion alarm with motion sensor, it was expensive, but then again so is the Spyder? One thing I never skimp on is security! House or toys! And remember we are not allow the security systems you guys in the US are here in Canada!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    Yes, it is a Spydersisters sunshade . . . it folds up small and has it's own, self-contained, storage bag. It fits over the handlebars and covers the entire seat. It discourages folks from sitting on your Spyder, and also keeps your seat at ambient temperature on a hot, sunny day, because it is shaded. I love mine. http://spydersisters.com/Pockets.html here is a photo from their web page spyder sisters.jpg
    There you go! And it even provides other benefits when the weather is really pouring the temperatures to all of the parked vehicles!
    Thanks for the link!

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

I've got the Gorilla alarm with the two-way pager. When the alarm goes off it sends me a signal letting me know someone has just crapped their pants. I keep the alarm in the loudest multi-tone mode and it will trigger if you grab the handlebars.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights