Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Just did your update on my 660. Worked out great. Just found out by your program there is a new dealer 70 miles from me, instead of the 150 miles to closest dealer. Thanks a lot Billy for all your work and help.
    Roger
    2012 RT Limited
    Vertika Floor boards
    Painted rear fender & dash
    Carbon fiber panels
    Utopia back rest
    Baker air wings
    Elka shocks and relocaters
    CB radio
    ISO hand grips
    Tric LED fender light
    Turn signal lights in mirrors

Spyder Garage

New dealer added Ottawa Goodtime Centre, located in Ottawa Ontario Canada. Ottawa Goodtime Centre

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

New dealer added

CYCLEZONE LLC.
    2921 NW US HWY 24
    Topeka, Kansas 66618

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thank You!

Works Great!!!

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

I know I have the file on my computer. I have hit copy and pasted it to the GPS in devices and printers. Looks like it is going to GPS. I have a Zumo 550. Where do I find it in the GPS? Bear with me not the smartest kid on the block.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcasey View Post
    I know I have the file on my computer. I have hit copy and pasted it to the GPS in devices and printers. Looks like it is going to GPS. I have a Zumo 550. Where do I find it in the GPS? Bear with me not the smartest kid on the block.
    If it is actually copied to your GPS and it is the .gpi file you copied. After you disconnect the GPS from the computer and restart it. Spyder Dealers option will appear as an option in the Where To menu.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    If it is actually copied to your GPS and it is the .gpi file you copied. After you disconnect the GPS from the computer and restart it. Spyder Dealers option will appear as an option in the Where To menu.
    I still don't have it. All the files in my GPS are GPX files. Do I need to use that one? I have deleted everything and going to start over. Should I use the GPI or the GPX or does it make a difference? I think I am doing it right. When I click on Garmin the file is there. Like I said not the smartest when it comes to computers!

Spyder Garage

I still don't have it. All the files in my GPS are GPX files. Do I need to use that one? I have deleted everything and going to start over. Should I use the GPI or the GPX or does it make a difference? I think I am doing it right. When I click on Garmin the file is there. Like I said not the smartest when it comes to computers!
    Use the .gpi file and copy it into the POI folder. That will give you a new menu item called "Spyder Dealers" under the "Where To" menu, After restart.

If you copy the .gpx file the dealers will be in the favorites menu and is difficult to find the closest dealers and your other favourites will get lost in the mess. The .gpx file is meant for folks who wish to use poi loader from Garmin. Then it will appear in the "Extras" menu with it's own submenu of "Spyder Dealers"

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Use the .gpi file and copy it into the POI folder. That will give you a new menu item called "Spyder Dealers" under the "Where To" menu, After restart.

If you copy the .gpx file the dealers will be in the favorites menu and is difficult to find the closest dealers and your other favourites will get lost in the mess. The .gpx file is meant for folks who wish to use poi loader from Garmin. Then it will appear in the "Extras" menu with it's own submenu of "Spyder Dealers"
    I can't find a POI folder. The .gpi file is in the Garmin folder. I am using windows 7. Has anyone else with a 550 had it to work? I am at a loss. Would like to have it but don't know what to do. I know it is difficult for you not seeing for yourself what I have done. I tried to copy my folders so you could see what I have but it won't let me. I select all and copy but it won't paste. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

I can't find a POI folder. The .gpi file is in the Garmin folder. I am using windows 7. Has anyone else with a 550 had it to work? I am at a loss. Would like to have it but don't know what to do. I know it is difficult for you not seeing for yourself what I have done. I tried to copy my folders so you could see what I have but it won't let me. I select all and copy but it won't paste. Thanks!
    Even if it is in the Garmin folder it will work. Did you try it? I tell you to put it in the POI folder because that is to keep it organised and that is where Garmin puts it' other gpi files.

This is what my Nuvi 265 looks like.

Root Folder

View after I opened the Garmin folder

View after I opened the POI folder.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Dealer deleted

Dealer deleted

Desert Dog in Fountain Hills, AZ

And dealer added

Liberty Motorsports AZ
    Last edited by billybovine; 07-09-2015 at 05:56 PM.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Even if it is in the Garmin folder it will work. Did you try it? I tell you to put it in the POI folder because that is to keep it organised and that is where Garmin puts it' other gpi files.

This is what my Nuvi 265 looks like.

Root Folder

View after I opened the Garmin folder

View after I opened the POI folder.
    It is in my Garmin and Garmin F folder. There is no POI file in ether one. I guess I am not doing something. How does the files get from the computer to the GPS? Do they become active when you power down and back up the GPS? Maybe it just won't work because I don't have the POI file.

Spyder Garage

Default Dealer added

Dealer added

Team CC AK 2 locations

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

It is in my Garmin and Garmin F folder. There is no POI file in ether one. I guess I am not doing something. How does the files get from the computer to the GPS? Do they become active when you power down and back up the GPS? Maybe it just won't work because I don't have the POI file.
    PM Sent

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Dealer delete

First Coast Powersports FL deleted

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Changes

Sioux City Yamaha IA. Address typo, GPS location was correct.

Motor Cafe in Sunnyvale, CA Deleted, no longer dealer.

Crossroad Powersports, PA. Added

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

One location for a chain of dealerships was not a Spyder dealer. FFUN Yorkton Saskatchewan deleted.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default No longer maintained.

I have decided to no longer maintain the Dealer List file for Garmin GPS. The reason is that it appears that BRP is issuing updates for North America on there site and the reason I started this project is that they had not been.

To find the update go to the BRP/Spyder website. Choose "Owners" then "GPS update"

Follow the directions there. If you are currently using the file I made. The only difference is the file to be deleted is "Spyder Dealers" instead of what is in there instuctions.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the information, AND your prior efforts on our behalf!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

...The original dealer list info comes from Wiredux. Thanks Wiredux for letting me use your data.
    Current version contains dealer info for Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand.
    The difference with my list is it acts just like the list that originally comes with the Can am GPS. With of course more accurate and more recent data.
    Billy,

Thanks for doing this. I imagine it takes quite a bit of your time.

But I'm a little confused by the remark that I quoted above from your OP.

Please forgive me for being a little dense, but if you are also using the latest Wiredux data, wouldn't both your version and the BRP version be equally up to date? Or do you get it from Wiredux BEFORE BRP updates their web site with the same Wiredux data? ...or does BRP use something other than the Wiredux data (and if that is the case, why would Wiredux produce this data?)

Also, when you say "The difference with my list is it acts just like the list that originally comes with the Can am GPS", does that mean the the BRP updates do NOT look like the one that is in the original Can Am GPS? If so, how are they different? I downloaded the latest database from the BRP site (D2245000D.gpi) and it seemed to react the same way your database did, under "Spyder Dealers" with the "Y" icon, etc. (Both data bases were loaded into the Garmin/POI directory and renamed according to which one I wanted to test.)

Thanks in advance for your answsers. I just downloaded your latest .gpi file and will install it as I do a Garmin map update today.
    Last edited by robmorg; 02-17-2016 at 03:53 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Billy,

Thanks for doing this. I imagine it takes quite a bit of your time.

But I'm a little confused by the remark that I quoted above from your OP.

Please forgive me for being a little dense, but if you are also using the latest Wiredux data, wouldn't both your version and the BRP version be equally up to date? Or do you get it from Wiredux BEFORE BRP updates their web site with the same Wiredux data? ...or does BRP use something other than the Wiredux data (and if that is the case, why would Wiredux produce this data?)

Also, when you say "The difference with my list is it acts just like the list that originally comes with the Can am GPS", does that mean the the BRP updates do NOT look like the one that is in the original Can Am GPS? If so, how are they different? I downloaded the latest database from the BRP site (D2245000D.gpi) and it seemed to react the same way your database did, under "Spyder Dealers" with the "Y" icon, etc. (Both data bases were loaded into the Garmin/POI directory and renamed according to which one I wanted to test.)

Thanks in advance for your answsers. I just downloaded your latest .gpi file and will install it as I do a Garmin map update today.
    The BRP Spyder dealer list that came on GPS units from BRP was accurate for the dealers in 2009 when the list was made. I bought a 2013 ST Limited and got a brand new GPS with it. The list was still that old list from 2009 and badly out of date. If fact the dealer I bought my ST from was not on the list and they became a Spyder dealer in 2010. So that is why I created the new one. In 2014 BRP offered an updated list for the first time and updated again in 2015. So no need for mine.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

OK, THAT explains my confusion. Thanks.

I thought you updated the OP with new data files today. Now I'm guessing that all you did was add that notice in red to the beginning of the first message to advise folks about what you just said in the post above. Of course, if I had read your post #68 above earlier I might have figured that out on my own.

Anyway, thanks for coming through with updates for everyone while BRP was not.
    Last edited by robmorg; 02-17-2016 at 04:39 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Deleted & no longer Dealer
    all terrain Motorsports
    grand junction,co