Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New dealer list for Garmin GPS

​Please note I am no longer maintaining the files in the links below. The reason is that BRP is now offering a updated Dealer List file on their website and I started this because they had not been doing so.

I have created a new dealer list that is intended to be a replacement for the dealer list that comes on a Zumo 660 from Can am or adds this feature to other Garmin GPS.

The original dealer list info comes from Wiredux. Thanks Wiredux for letting me use your data.
    Current version contains dealer info for Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand.
    The difference with my list is it acts just like the list that originally comes with the Can am GPS. With of course more accurate and more recent data.
    It creates a similar Y Facture icon in the Where to menu titled Spyder Dealers, like the original. It also adds the feature of showing the location of the dealer with a BRP icon on the map, when zoomed in close enough.

To use the file. Download it from the link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9z...it?usp=sharing
    Copy this file onto your Garmin GPS. It can be put anywhere but to keep things organized put it in the POI folder. If your gps is a Can am one there will be a file in the POI folder called oempoi.gpi. You can either delete it or better rename it by changing the .gpi to .gp0 that way you can go back if you wish. If you have another Spyder dealers list loaded I would delete it just so there is no confusion with multiple entries with same name and location.

I have tested it with my Zumo 660 and have no problems. I have also tested with a Nuvi 255W and 265W and it works well except when there is another .gpi file that contains proximity alerts such as for speed traps and red light cameras.

For those that would like the dealer list in a Garmin gpx format use this file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9z...ew?usp=sharing
    For those with a TomTom that would like the dealer list in a ov2 format use this file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9z...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by billybovine; 02-17-2016 at 11:49 AM. Reason: No longer going to maintain.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thank you very much, I will try this tomorrow

Spyder Garage

Thank you for doing this for us. Much appreciated

Spyder Garage

Bump

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default billybovine help

I downloaded the list and have a question. When I go to 'Where To' and then 'Favorites' all Can Am dealers are listed. But, when I go to Spyder Dealers (with the Y fractured icon) only dealers up to 206 miles from my home are listed.

I have a Garmin 765T. Any ideas? Also, before downloading your listed, I deleted the previous dealer list from my gps.

And by the way, thank you for the list.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I downloaded the list and have a question. When I go to 'Where To' and then 'Favorites' all Can Am dealers are listed. But, when I go to Spyder Dealers (with the Y fractured icon) only dealers up to 206 miles from my home are listed.

I have a Garmin 765T. Any ideas? Also, before downloading your listed, I deleted the previous dealer list from my gps.

And by the way, thank you for the list.

Thanks
    Since I don't have a 765T to test I can't be sure because of differences between models but this is what I can figure out. The list you got from me should not appear in your favorites. That will be a different list from a .gpx file copied directly to your Garmin.

On my Zumo 660 my .gpi file and the BRP. gpi file will only display the nearest 52 dealers. I don't know why there is a limit to the list display length but all the data is there and will display the nearest 52 depending on where you are at the time you look.

I hope that helps.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I have created a new dealer list that is intended to be a replacement for the dealer list that comes on a Zumo 660 from Can am or adds this feature to other Garmin GPS.

The dealer list info comes from Wiredux so if you have his list install and are happy with it. You don't need my new file. Thanks Wiredux for letting me use your data.
    The difference with my list is it acts just like the list that originally comes with the Can am GPS. With of course more accurate and more recent data.
    It creates a similar Y Facture icon in the Where to menu titled Spyder Dealers, like the original. It also adds the feature of showing the location of the dealer with a BRP icon on the map, when zoomed in close enough.

To use the file. Download it from the link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9z...it?usp=sharing
    Copy this file onto your Garmin GPS. It can be put anywhere but to keep things organized put it in the POI folder. If your gps is a Can am one there will be a file in the POI folder called oempoi.gpi. You can either delete it or better rename it by changing the .gpi to .gp0 that way you can go back if you wish. If you have another Spyder dealers list loaded I would delete it just so there is no confusion with multiple entries with same name and location.

I have tested it with my Zumo 660 and have no problems. I have also tested with a Nuvi 255W and 265W and it works well except when there is another .gpi file that contains proximity alerts such as for speed traps and red light cameras.
    I cannot open this file. Any suggestions?
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Great Job - Thanks

I have a Zumo 660 that came with my Spyder . . . followed your directions and renamed the oempoi.gpi file so it would be ignored, and added your file to that folder. It works great! There are dealers that were not in mine, and the directions to a dealer that were incorrect (somehow, even though it showed the right address, the directions took you somewhere else!) are now the correct ones. Thanks a lot for this update!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    I cannot open this file. Any suggestions?
    You should not be able to open it. You need to download it and then copy it onto your Garmin. Your Garmin will know what to do with it. I hope that helps.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    You should not be able to open it. You need to download it and then copy it onto your Garmin. Your Garmin will know what to do with it. I hope that helps.
    Thanks, I will try that.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Worked great, thank you (Zumo 660)
    Last edited by stevedfive; 03-27-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Works great on my Nuvi 1450. Thank you.
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Spyder Garage

Thank you worked great on my 660
    2011 Pearl White RT Limited
    HMT Brake Light, Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Lights, GloRyders, Seal Floorboards, Powerlet 12V, Garage Door Momentary Button, Bump Skid, Elka's Stage 1, Ultimate Sea, Air Wings

Member of the Woodstock Spyder Ryders (Illinois)

Spyder Garage

Default New dealer list for Garmin GPS

Did you know if the file contains Canadian dealers?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdr View Post
    Did you know if the file contains Canadian dealers?
    Yes it does.

Spyder Garage

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Updated file available in post 1.

Corrected Lat and Long for Lockhart Odyssey, Courtland, Ontario

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Does it work on a Garmin Nuvi 50?

Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Does it work on a Garmin Nuvi 50?

Deanna777
    I can't be certain but it should. Copy it onto your Nuvi 50 and try it. If it gives you any trouble just delete it again.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

If you have any corrections, additions or deletions for the dealer list let me know the details.

It looks like the software I am using can output the dealer file for other brands of GPS. If you are interested let me know.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Worked great on my 660. Foloowed your instructions and it went right in. Thanks for your effort, it's appreciated

Spyder Garage

Does this update still use the "Spyder Dealers" on the garmin 660's main page that come with the new spyders?
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    Does this update still use the "Spyder Dealers" on the garmin 660's main page that come with the new spyders?
    If you follow my instructions in post #1 it will replace "Spyder Dealers" on the Can-Am Garmin with one I created that works, looks and feels the same.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I had a chance to look at a 2014 RT Limited this week and as with all Limiteds it comes with a GPS. I checked out the Spyder Dealers feature and found that the file still has not been updated and has the same 2009 data that has been loaded all Can Am version GPS since 2010. So if you wish to have more accurate and up to date Spyder Dealer list, download the file in post 1 and follow the instructions.

If you know of dealers that are closing, moving or new. Please give me the details and I will make the changes to make the file up to date.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Took about 45 seconds to update my 660 GPS. Worked great!

Please add the new Can-Am dealer here in Central Virginia.

Blue Ridge Powersports
    20 Heritage Dr
    Harrisonburg, VA 22801
    Phone: (540) 434-7345
    http://www.blueridgepowersports.com/

Thanks,

Shawn
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **