Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You should be able to locate using BRP's online parts catalogs.
    http://epc.brp.com/SiteMods/BRP_Publ...rands=roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Dunno. ..sorry. you'll have to look. It's a rectangular box about 2.5"x1.5"x1" it's black with a white top and a single electrical plug into the back of it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll take a look...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Thanks, I'll take a look...

Found it in the parts break down, but not clear "where" it is.

I'll have to physically look for it.

So we think its on the backside of the upper frame rail between the motor and gas tank?...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

At least you've got a good idea of what it looks like; and about where it's hiding...
    Happy Hunting!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Yep, you angered Miss Nanny. Could be the yaw sensor due to the sideways force or body roll, could be steering sensor mismatches with the torque not matching the angle, could be too much steering angle and too much throttle together, or could be a loss of traction. It pays to get it straightened out before you hammer it, lean hard into the corner or shift your weight, and practice smooth transitions and throttle application. This is where the rider's skill comes into play, matching the riding technique to the machine's limitations.
    Yeah..well..sometimes you just want to kick the backend out.. Or take off a little quicker than usual in traffic.

I may shim mine as well. It is VERY sensitive on those right handers pulling out.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have my plastics off doing some other tweaks. I can likely take a few pics tomorrow afternoon if you all want to see them.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Lol

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Found a couple things...lol

Spyder Garage

So this can be shimmed front facing down?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like its in a different place on the 13'. The 12' its hung from the bottom of the upper frame backbone. Just in front of your nuts... (just below the #5 in your diagram). But yes, you want the front of it slightly lower than the back.

Last edited by DrewNJ; 03-30-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

"If" I can get to it there, I'm gonna try it.

From adding my heated grips I remember that general area being near impossible to access w the frunk still on.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Drew for the info I'll half to try that. When I had mine apart doing my HIDS I saw mine it is still on top of the frame near the gauge cluster. Have you experimented with different thicknesses? Or is 1/2 inch the best?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I Didn't experiment at all. The plastic material I had laying around was 1/4" so I doubled it up, filed it down and went at it.
    On my 12' you can't go any thicker because you hit the insulated plastic cover that separates the frame from the motor area.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So; rather than "dropping the nose low", we'll we "shimming the tail high".

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So; rather than "dropping the nose low", we'll we "shimming the tail high".
    Yup!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cstall View Post
    Hi Gang,

I have a '08 GS and have noticed lately that the engine stumbles a little when I accelerate hard around a right corner. I never noticed it before, but then I'm slamming corners harder than i used to, since I'm now more used to the way a Spyder handles.
    Is this normal?
    Is nanny grabbing the throttle?
    If not normal, thoughts on where the issue is???

Thanks in Advance!
    Nanny is preventing you from abusing your ride?????? JMHO.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

She IS there, for a reason...
    Not to protect the bike... to protect you; from yourself!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    Nanny is preventing you from abusing your ride?????? JMHO.
    Nanny is a pain for the people that wanna ride aggressive and know how to ride . The bike has a great design an needs to be able to uncork the performance some, don't think it has anything to do with abuse, at least in my case. Would be real nice to be able to pitch the bike little harder in a turn. I've found if your going hard in a turn and the nanny kicks in and shuts the bike down . It can rapidly change the pitch I the bike on a turn and think could be worse if a person is not expecting that. My RSS is not a touring bike and didn't buy it to be a touring bike. Bought a sport bike to ride like a sport bike . That's MHO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billrob71 View Post
    Nanny is a pain for the people that wanna ride aggressive and know how to ride . The bike has a great design an needs to be able to uncork the performance some, don't think it has anything to do with abuse, at least in my case. Would be real nice to be able to pitch the bike little harder in a turn. I've found if your going hard in a turn and the nanny kicks in and shuts the bike down . It can rapidly change the pitch I the bike on a turn and think could be worse if a person is not expecting that. My RSS is not a touring bike and didn't buy it to be a touring bike. Bought a sport bike to ride like a sport bike . That's MHO

Good points.

I feel it kick in even doing simple slow speed maneuvers, you would think it wasn't quite so touchy.

Perhaps they should include a sport button....like in a Mini Cooper lol

In our Cooper we were able to turn on a sport button, turn off the dynamic stabily control and the traction control and that would really wake up the little thing. LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Good points.

I feel it kick in even doing simple slow speed maneuvers, you would think it wasn't quite so touchy.

Perhaps they should include a sport button....like in a Mini Cooper lol

In our Cooper we were able to turn on a sport button, turn off the dynamic stabily control and the traction control and that would really wake up the little thing. LOL

That is just the point that needs to be stressed. We should be able to decide how the safety controls kick in. That's why there is traction control off button is equipped on a lot of production sports cars these days, the new mustangs have factory launch control built in for drag racing and that's a option from Ford. There is not bike out there that kicks the traction control on when pitching hard on a turn.
    I have been riding ATC's and ATV's since 1977 learned on my uncles Honda ATC and sold my last race quad 2 years ago which was almost as fast as any of these. I found on a hard turn and nanny has kicked in it, feels like it's going to pitch ya off the bike which if your not prepared or don't know any better may get the best of ya.

I am gonna try the mod that Drew shared and BAJA Rons sway bar in the future and see if makes it better . As far as the bike love the bike and would not change it for anything.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe do like they do their skis and have a "learners key" or a performance mode?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Also, guys, shimming the sensor doesn't totally eliminate the low speed nanny shenanigans, it just makes it a bit more tame....at least for me it did. She is still there if you grab a fist full of throttle on a slow tight turn.....

Spyder Garage

Maybe do like they do their skis and have a "learners key" or a performance mode?

Thats a great idea

and don't get me wrong nanny is good to be there but she need not be so strick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billrob71 View Post
    That is just the point that needs to be stressed. We should be able to decide how the safety controls kick in. That's why there is traction control off button is equipped on a lot of production sports cars these days, the new mustangs have factory launch control built in for drag racing and that's a option from Ford. There is not bike out there that kicks the traction control on when pitching hard on a turn.
    I have been riding ATC's and ATV's since 1977 learned on my uncles Honda ATC and sold my last race quad 2 years ago which was almost as fast as any of these. I found on a hard turn and nanny has kicked in it, feels like it's going to pitch ya off the bike which if your not prepared or don't know any better may get the best of ya.

I am gonna try the mod that Drew shared and BAJA Rons sway bar in the future and see if makes it better . As far as the bike love the bike and would not change it for anything.

Good point on the ATV's, my first was around 1982 and rode to about 3 years ago (my body still feels it all lol).

Spyder Garage

Yeah, people like Bob and Joe can use the Valet Key and people like us can have the Performance Key.