Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ledford View Post
"Guns by themselves don't kill people." But, people using guns and other objects do!

Automobiles in a general use of the word,automobiles, kill more people then privately carried fire arms. Never have I read of anyone calling for automobile controls!

To carry should be allowed universally in my opinion. Why? As a tool of prevention to suppress the urge to kill for whatever reason. I carried a rifle, pistol, machine gun, shotgun etc fr 37 years of working time and for some 50 years totally. Never shot anyone during that entire time period.

But can not say I did not draw down on more then one because more then once the threat was made by others. Weapons for personal protection serve more as a prevention tool for the majority of time. I can also say that some of my personal friends have displayed their personal weapons and averted being robbed while pumping gas or cut.

My first wife and I stopped a potential theft of a neighbors brand new outboard boat engine one night with a empty 22 hand gun. We heard two teenagers talking outside our bedroom window one night. We eased out of bed, pulled on clothing, I went out one door, she went out another with a big light and the police arrived just as we lit them up and secured both of them. Later during the report building period one of the LEO's on scene asked if he could handle my pistol. I flipped the cylinder out to unload it and found it empty. We all had a brief chuckle while I looked stupid and embarassed. Then I got my much deserved reprimand from my wife and a sigh of relief from the LEO.