Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    If you have a plain RT you can mount these pretty easily just 1 screw and 3 pop rivets and you are at the horn that sits on the nacelle. If you have fog lights It can be more difficult if you have the spring clip on the 1 clip that fits into the fog light you have to get it off and the FL gets in the way. It might be best to pull the frunk and R&R the left side nacelle and Tupperware then you will see the horn and bracket.
    So with a '13 RTS (with the fog lights), it is going to be an involved project to replace the horn? I wouldn't mind more volume to get peoples' attention, but I am also uncertain if I want to take on a major project to accomplish it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Considering that the proper use of a horn, in an "improper" situation could save you life?
    What's your life worth to you?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike on a Trike View Post
    So with a '13 RTS (with the fog lights), it is going to be an involved project to replace the horn? I wouldn't mind more volume to get peoples' attention, but I am also uncertain if I want to take on a major project to accomplish it.
    Pulling the frunk is not that big a deal and is good practice. You only need to do it because there are 2 bolts holding the nacelle in position on the back of the frunk. You have to get the nacelle out to take off the 3 bolts that hold the bottom/side panel together. It should not take more than 2 hrs the hard part is arranging a dual horn set up. I ended up putting one in the original position and the second I bent one of the 2 brackets at a 90deg and attached it to one of the lower fog light bolts and it sits next to the original. I guess I should have taken a picture. Here is a good video 12min to take the frunk off. And he took more than needed off you only need to pull the 2 upper panels/headlight cover and 4 frunk bolts on top and 2 under the bottom (2013) as well as unclip harneses. If you have Spyderpops skid 2 bolts from that too. 10mm socket (small) and T20 bit IIRC are all that is needed and some patience.

Last edited by Magdave; 03-22-2014 at 12:48 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dave,
    Thanks for posting that video! It should be required viewing!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Dave,
    Thanks for posting that video! It should be required viewing!!
    I have watched it a lot before I put my fog lights on it was a great help.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've grabbed a copy of the link to that video...