Spyder Garage

Default One more farkle completed! Bajaron Sway Bar Install

Just completed another farkle on my 2014 RT Limited Easy, easy...just need the clearance for the sway bar. Here's a couple of pictures of the Bajaron sway bar installed along with the Bajaron heim joint links....

Used my ATV/Motorcycle jack and used car ramps and blocks to support the load once it was elevated....left jack in place as back-up. Worked great!

It's great that it's warm enough to work in the garage -- zero miles on this beauty. Hopefully get out in April.....March looks cold, snowy yet and..............roads are terrible.

BTW....one grommet left it's frame when I pulled off the panels for the first time....time to cable tie the gromments in so they don't get lost and the panels stay on!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 03-20-2014 at 03:33 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question: How high in the air did you need to lift the bike?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Nice Job! Beautiful Ryde!!
    Hoping to get mine next weekend!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Question: How high in the air did you need to lift the bike?
    The ramps/stands gets the bike up to about 18" clearance of the frame to the ground (after using the jack to get it there). I did all the work with it on these ramps at that level EXCEPT to remove old bar and put new bar in. At that point of removing the old bar (all prep done), I used my motorcycle jack to lift it approx. another 2 inches to clear taking the old bar out and the new bar in -- this took all of about 30 seconds...after that, I lowered it back down on those ramps to make it very stable/safe.

Short answer -- about 20-21 inches from frame to floor to remove bar and replace with new bar.

BTW: Ron's instructions were excellent!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JLSpyder2012 View Post
    Just completed another farkle on my 2014 RT Limited Easy, easy...just need the clearance for the sway bar. Here's a couple of pictures of the Bajaron sway bar installed along with the Bajaron heim joint links....

Used my ATV/Motorcycle jack and used car ramps and blocks to support the load once it was elevated....left jack in place as back-up. Worked great!

It's great that it's warm enough to work in the garage -- zero miles on this beauty. Hopefully get out in April.....March looks cold, snowy yet and..............roads are terrible.

BTW....one grommet left it's frame when I pulled off the panels for the first time....time to cable tie the gromments in so they don't get lost and the panels stay on!!
    Just a reminder to cable tie your grommets in so that it's harder to push them out (when you're replacing your panel) or for them to come out on their own. Also, I think this prevents the potential of a panel loss if you are insured your grommets are in place when you replace those panels...did this on my 2012 and will do it on my 2014 now that I'm working on it -- just a little "insurance" .....hope this helps....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 03-20-2014 at 06:20 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Great job
    Looking good

I hope to have mine home before April - come on warm weather
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Great job
    Looking good

I hope to have mine home before April - come on warm weather
    I am not taking mine out until probably April after a rain or two....the roads here in the Twin Cities are terrible, potholes, gravel, grit, etc.....you are probably better off where you live....good luck with your bike delivery. Let me know when you get it and post some pics!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome!

Very clean install! The 2014 RT is much easier to work on than the 2013's. Hope you get a chance (Soon) to ride the Bar!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Very clean install! The 2014 RT is much easier to work on than the 2013's. Hope you get a chance (Soon) to ride the Bar!
    Thanks Ron....we hope to get out and ryde in April....March looks too cold/snowy yet and the roads are full of potholes (we see the road crews out and filling these large "craters"), gravel, grit, etc. Nothing that a good rain or two won't fix -- we will be getting a "snow bird" home in the next couple years and "fly" south for the winters!!
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 03-21-2014 at 06:19 AM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Twenty inches or so...
    Got it!
    Thanks!
    (Time to start figuring this part of the process out... )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default 2013

Since I have 2013 RT Ltd., what makes it harder to work on, I have one your bars that still needs to be installed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyron View Post
    Since I have 2013 RT Ltd., what makes it harder to work on, I have one your bars that still needs to be installed.
    DITTO!

Would like more info before I start also.

Thank you in advance.

Lou

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

So Ron, you are telling me that the 2013 is the only RT so far on which it is a PITA to install your sway bar? Just my luck! Oh we'll, it is done. Love the much firmer feel of the steering!