Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But; I already give all of my money to the Missus...
    If I at least have a wallet, I can pretend, that I'm an adult!
    Where do you carry them?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    Sorry the seat was not for you, take your old seat back which you said you had no problem. Expensive stuff are not the real answer sometimes.
    I appreciate everyone's input. I fortunately don't have any of the physical issues brought up, after paying for the seat there is no need to carry a wallet. I am exploring the seat height possibility but wont real get a chance to test that until this week end. I am also going to see if the utopia back rest that I had on my old seat will offer a cure.( if it fits on the Ultimate seat).
    But again thank you all, I'll check in if I find cure or offer my seat for sale.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good Luck!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wink Lamonsters Hiway pegs

​H
    ave you considered adding Lamonster's hi way pegs . I did with my seat and what a
    difference, you can stretch your legs out .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spychic View Post
    ​H
    ave you considered adding Lamonster's hi way pegs . I did with my seat and what a
    difference, you can stretch your legs out .
    I have pegs, thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I own an Ultimate Mid-Rider on my RS. From the factory, it's a good seat. With my seating position changed by floorboards and risers, it became a *great* seat.

However, even after 10K miles the seat is nowhere near what I'd consider plush. It's softer than the BRP stock seats-- definitely softer than a Corbin-- but it's not like it's a Lazyboy. Which is actually what you DON'T want-- you do need *some* firm support on the bike. What feels comfy sitting on a bike at a dealer often feels like torture in two hours for that reason.

That all said, I wouldn't be under any illusions that even a $1000 seat all alone is everything you need. Even with the Ultimate seat, I still swap between a Beadrider and an Airhawk-R cushion during long rides. I find I can do about an hour or two in complete comfort on the bare seat alone; after that, it helps swapping back and forth every fuel-up between the beads and the cushion. YMMV, of course.

Good luck, hope you find a solution to your liking. On the bright side, if you don't, you'll likely find a buyer for the seat-- you won't get all your money back sadly, but the seats are popular enough they do move quickly.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsd1 View Post
    I appreciate everyone's input. I fortunately don't have any of the physical issues brought up, after paying for the seat there is no need to carry a wallet. I am exploring the seat height possibility but wont real get a chance to test that until this week end. I am also going to see if the utopia back rest that I had on my old seat will offer a cure.( if it fits on the Ultimate seat).
    But again thank you all, I'll check in if I find cure or offer my seat for sale.

Ultimate Seats sells a bracket that will allow installation of the Utopia back rest pad - that is what I am doing with my new Ultimate Seat Tallboy seat

I will post some pictures once I get everything assembled

and, great that you do not have any of the conditions mentioned... it sounds like you just need to tweak something

also, contact Ultimate Seats - they are great people to work with and if you haven't had the seat that long and would like to switch to a Tallboy version of the seat, and your seat isn't damaged, they will work with you

I originally paid around $750 for my Tallboy with their backrest - I used it for a couple of weeks and then decided I really wanted to try and match the two-tone passenger backrest on my 2014 so I went back to Ultimate, told them what I wanted to do and they allowed me to 'trade' my seat back in, and it cost me another $200 to add the two-tone sections on the seat, and I also purchased their bracket to mount the Utopia backrest on their seat since I wasn't thrilled with their backrest (which they also allowed me to return and get a refund on towards the upgrades I was doing)

can't wait to get the seat back.... should be in next week...
    Last edited by lookerjdc; 03-21-2014 at 05:53 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default ultimate seat

I bought the Ultimate seat($1000.00) a couple of weeks ago. I have put about 300+ miles on it with short and long trips. The problem I have is an ache in my right knee that becomes painful and radiate down to my ankle I called the company about a week ago and was told to keep adjusting the back rest position. That it takes as much as 500 miles to get comfortable. So I started with the basics and removed the back rest completely, no relief. I put the back rest al the way back, all the way up front and everything in between, no relief.
    the seat feels hard and must be putting pressure on a nerve.

I had the OEM seat with a Airhawk cushion before and didn't have the problem. I hate to think I spent all that money for the Ultimate seat. For that much money it should feel like sitting on a Lazy Boy.The 14 day return policy has expired and even if it hadn't it would cost me more money to return it. I really want this seat to work.

So now that you've heard my complaint is there anyone out there that can give me some tips on other steps I can take to get into that 1000.00 comfort zone?

I like Whine with my cheese.
    I was thinking about getting one maybe I should give my head a shake thanks for the info.

Spyder Garage

I bought the Ultimate seat($1000.00) a couple of weeks ago. I have put about 300+ miles on it with short and long trips. The problem I have is an ache in my right knee that becomes painful and radiate down to my ankle I called the company about a week ago and was told to keep adjusting the back rest position. That it takes as much as 500 miles to get comfortable. So I started with the basics and removed the back rest completely, no relief. I put the back rest al the way back, all the way up front and everything in between, no relief.

I had the OEM seat with a Airhawk cushion before and didn't have the problem. I hate to think I spent all that money for the Ultimate seat. For that much money it should feel like sitting on a Lazy Boy.The 14 day return policy has expired and even if it hadn't it would cost me more money to return it. I really want this seat to work.

So now that you've heard my complaint is there anyone out there that can give me some tips on other steps I can take to get into that 1000.00 comfort zone?

Good evening Jdsd1-
    I've looked up the details of your order and I see that your trial has expired by a little over 1 week. That being said, we suggested that you continue to evaluate the seat, we definitely don't want you to feel stuck with a seat that you don't find to be comfortable. We make two different models of seats that 'fit-most' riders extremely well. However, due to rare circumstances such as this, we have our trial period - seats are an important investment - and we don't take for granted that you gave us a shot at earning your business. If you would like to return the seat for a refund we'd be happy to take care of you. Please call us at 877-672-0288 and we'll get you set up to return the seat.

Best~
    www.ultimateseats.com
    877-672-0288
    348 Destination Daytona Lane
    Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

well you certainly can't beat that for customer service!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post

Agreed
    Kudos on the customer service.

Spyder Garage

Wow! Nice!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bamaspyder1 View Post
    I just got mine in Daytona and the ride home was so much better 700 miles and my right knee did bother me some but kept changing position, but it got better as we traveled....give it some time.
    Me too , Got mine in Daytona, My knee was hurting when i got there and hurting when I got back but the seat comphort level was amazing and the added backrest whoo hooo, yea baby , I have the spyder legs comphort floorboards, they are wonderful too, like some of the other posters , give it time. PS im going to figure a way I can strech my leg out Ill let you know if it works.

Spyder Garage

Nice job Ultimate seat company. My experience with Spyderlovers vendors has been that their isn't a bad one in the bunch.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post

Throw another, "" on the pile!

Spyder Garage

I have the Ultimate Tallboy. No seat is perfect. But when I compare it to the alternative (the original factory POS seat) it is darn close.

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear you are not 100% with your Ultimate seat, I have well over 10,000 miles on mine and love it. I love it so much that I have switched it to my new 2014 RT-S and plan on putting many many more miles with it on this bike

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate not realy a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Seats View Post
    Good evening Jdsd1-
    I've looked up the details of your order and I see that your trial has expired by a little over 1 week. That being said, we suggested that you continue to evaluate the seat, we definitely don't want you to feel stuck with a seat that you don't find to be comfortable. We make two different models of seats that 'fit-most' riders extremely well. However, due to rare circumstances such as this, we have our trial period - seats are an important investment - and we don't take for granted that you gave us a shot at earning your business. If you would like to return the seat for a refund we'd be happy to take care of you. Please call us at 877-672-0288 and we'll get you set up to return the seat.

Best~
    Just to update anyone that cares, I called Dave today (Ultimate) and told him I just couldn't make the seat work for me. I wish it had because the quality of the company, it's service and concern for it's customers is outstanding. My butt and there seat just couldn't get along, my butt is more at fault in our separation. In the divorce settlement I am paying for the return postage and they are giving me back my money. Didn't do that well in my other divorce agreement.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sorry that you couldn't find any happiness for your butt with it...
    But I'm glad that everybody tried; the best that they could!

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you got the problem solved. Seats are an expensive proposition and it sometimes is hard to find that "right one".

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

got s call from Ultimate Seats today and my new seat has arrived!!!!

I will be riding up to Daytona on thursday to have it and the new Utopia backrest installed

can't wait.... or I should say, my ass can't wait....

Spyder Garage

I had the same problem, only my legs swelled up. I bought it at Spyderfest and rode it home to Fl. Which I was lucky because the are only 60 miles from the house and they took it back and returned my seat. They were very good about it. I think it was because of the distance of the pegs just didn't fit me right, plus being in FL and having to cover the seat when it rains just didn't get it for me. I love my Corbin. Maybe if you get HWY pegs that might help.

Spyder Garage

Glad it all worked out for you, to your liking. Sounds like Ultimate Seats are an awesome co. to deal with. They believe in customer service, AFTER THE SALE! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL