Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Polished Stainless Exhaust pics!

Ractive polished stainless steel muffler $43
    Magnaflow Stainless 90 degree elbow $25
    Tig Weld $10
    Flare end of elbow $5

To me the looks and sound are priceless. I just couldn't bring myself to pay $600 for a silencer so I came up with this for $83. 2 3/8" tuner muffler for a car sounds like a Harley. Very deep and throaty. I'm trying to decide if it would look good with the factory heat shield polished and installed.

Spyder Garage

Wow, the outlet on that looks huge. Like staring down the barrel of Dirty Harry's 44 magnum. Looks pretty cool. Definitely unique.

You heading to Gatlinburg in September? I would like to see and hear that in person.
    Last edited by bjt; 08-19-2008 at 08:56 PM.

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

Looks great!

Last edited by ataDude; 08-19-2008 at 08:59 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's something I have really been considering because they are so cheap...import tuner mufflers...sound byte!! Did you look around at all the choices or have some experience with that particular brand...they seem almost to good to be true at those prices. Ebay or was there an online shop you used? Also...did it come with the hanger or is that Tig too?
    Last edited by AMTJIM; 08-19-2008 at 09:12 PM.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

No plans for Gatlinburg yet. I think the muffler body is about 5 3/4"s in diameter and the outlet opening is 3 1/2".

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Someone had to tell me how to get pics on here. Can you tell me how to do a sound clip?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

On photobucket then post link here?
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AMTJIM View Post
    That's something I have really been considering because they are so cheap...import tuner mufflers...sound byte!! Did you look around at all the choices or have some experience with that particular brand...they seem almost to good to be true at those prices. Ebay or was there an online shop you used? Also...did it come with the hanger or is that Tig too?
    I spent about a month looking at mufflers on ebay, onine retailers, and local autoparts stores. I figured I could't go wrong spending $43 for a fully welded, polished, stainless steel muffler and after I received it I was right. This is very heavy gauge stainless and the finish was flawless. I saw this muffler for sale as high as $170. I made the hanger from 1/8" stainless plate and doubled it to get enough strength plus it was easier bending two thinner pieces.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

On photobucket then post link here?
    Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydyr View Post
    I spent about a month looking at mufflers on ebay, onine retailers, and local autoparts stores. I figured I could't go wrong spending $43 for a fully welded, polished, stainless steel muffler and after I received it I was right. This is very heavy gauge stainless and the finish was flawless. I saw this muffler for sale as high as $170. I made the hanger from 1/8" stainless plate and doubled it to get enough strength plus it was easier bending two thinner pieces.
    Yeah, just some random googling...the ractive is a little more than others I was looking at...you got a good price.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Someone had to tell me how to get pics on here. Can you tell me how to do a sound clip?
    This link explains photo loading. Most sounds I've heard on here have been through YouTube videos. Then we can see and hear.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    This link explains photo loading. Most sounds I've heard on here have been through YouTube videos. Then we can see and hear.
    Nice Job priceless I will get right on this with HDXBONES

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Tig Weld $10
    Flare end of elbow $5

To me the looks and sound are priceless. I just couldn't bring myself to pay $600 for a silencer so I came up with this for $83. 2 3/8" tuner muffler for a car sounds like a Harley. Very deep and throaty. I'm trying to decide if it would look good with the factory heat shield polished and installed.

Nice Job Looking Good.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default exhaust

where did you purchase the exhaust?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar View Post
    where did you purchase the exhaust?

List you source/sources and a link to each part!
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The site I bought it from sold it for $30 with $13 shipping to my location. I spent at least 3 days looking at every site that came up under the search for ractive. Kinda made me stir crazy but once I got it I felt like it was well worth the time.

Spyder Garage

Tig Weld $10
    Flare end of elbow $5

Here's an idea - you make em and then sell em. Looks like you would have a bunch of buyers! $83.00 and sell for $143.00 hmmm might have something there....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

List you source/sources and a link to each part!
    http://hsservice.chainreactionweb.co...duct_info.html
    This is the link to the muffler!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by katnapper View Post
    Here's an idea - you make em and then sell em. Looks like you would have a bunch of buyers! $83.00 and sell for $143.00 hmmm might have something there....
    That's what all of my friends say but it isn't that simple. Right now I'd pay that $60 dollars instead of doing it myself. I didn't just order a couple of pieces and put them together.
    The stainless elbow had to be cut to length on each side which took alot of eye balling to determine where to cut. One end was flaired to within 5 thousandths of an inch and then slotted to clamp over the stock exhaust with a T bolt style band clamp(Same as factory style). Then both pieces were taken somewhere else to be welded. Then I had to sand and polish the weld and elbow. Finally, I made a bracket out of two pieces of 1/8" stainless that I bent around a piece of 6" schedule 40 to help wrap it around the muffler. That was probably the most time consuming part. Anyway, I need to find a more practical way to manufacture the bracket. The rest really wasn't that bad but notice that the bracket doesn't wrap all the way around.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That system looks great, nice job. Any chance we might see a full dual system (nice project for the off season)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

mufflermall.com has some really good selection
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Heard a Triumph Rocket III with a 3-1 pipe and a chrome $80 car muffler on it. It was awesome. I had similar on a Yamaha 650cc V-Star many years ago. Cost $70 for the pair but they were very heavy. The V-Star at full noise provided a bit of sound for a documentary. In one scene, the visual was a Harley with a $mega exhaust but the sound was my 650 V-Star.
    ɹəpunuʍop ɯoɹɟ oʞɔıp

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Stainless Muffler Mod.

My friend - Anyone who can fabricate such a piece of jewelry has my utmost admiration!! It is nice to know that there are people such as you out there.

Jack H.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default carbon fiber exhaust

Your exhaust job looks beautiful. I also as of last week put together a cheaper alternative. i ordered a carbon fiber can from ebay. The price was $54 shipped to the door. The 90 degree elbow was $20. And I purchased a hanger strap from Autozone $14. The strap brand is www.3Aracing.com. The sound and look is wicked mean. To find them just type in unviversal muffler. You will see the can style mufflers. Someone said Muffler mall, they do have a great selection. I also contacted a manufacturer in china. It is called Ningbo Steady Muffler Co. Email Roger Wang (sales manager). He sent me a price list for all the universal motorcycle cans. Avg. $20-70. The beautiful chrome dual exhaust is $26. It turns up same angle as the Two Brothers version.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xmod1 View Post
    I also contacted a manufacturer in china. It is called Ningbo Steady Muffler Co. Email Roger Wang (sales manager). He sent me a price list for all the universal motorcycle cans. Avg. $20-70. The beautiful chrome dual exhaust is $26. It turns up same angle as the Two Brothers version.
    You don't even want to hear my opinion on 'Made in China' products. There are a few reasons why their stuff is so much cheaper.