Spyder Garage

Default 2012 brake pad problem

Was changing front brake pads on a 2012 rss from the stock pads to the ebc pads getting ready for ride to Québec next weekend. On the last pad, one of the clips on the back side of the pad broke and dealer tells me you have to get get a set of 4 new pads to get them clips. Does anyone know where you can just get the clips or if someone might have a old set with them still in that can be taken out. Thanks again if anyone can help me with this. Ironside

Spyder Garage

I thought I posted an answer to this already. Anyway your dealer is correct there are no spare clips to be had,you can only get them when you buy OEM brake pads from BRP. I too broke one and even called Bajaron to see if he had any but no go and he couldn't get any spares either. Neither did 2 dealers I asked nor anyone on this site cause I asked. End the end I had to make my own. It is ugly but it works. I went to a hobby shop and bought piano wire in the right diameter and bent it to shape as best I could. So far it has held for over 4000 miles.

I think it is criminal that you can only get these clips with the OEM brake pads. They should be replaced with every pad replacement,but unless you use OEM pads. You can get better pads from EBC/BajaRon,maybe from others

20161112_171512.jpg

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze