Thread: Limp Home Mode

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Limp Home Mode

Changed the oil in the SM5 2010, and we also installed the IscI driver floor boards which meant messing with the brake and clutch. Everything is back to normal but the Limp Home Mode is now on----grrrrrr. Does anyone know how to turn it off. I did it once before but can't remember what to do. Sure would appreciate some help.

I just checked the code and it is PD524--Can anyone help.
    Last edited by noname; 03-14-2014 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Added text

Spyder Garage

try removing the key from the bike by more than five feet for three minutes , then go back and restart it....
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Didn't work

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    try removing the key from the bike by more than five feet for three minutes , then go back and restart it....
    Sure was worth a try but did not work. I remember someone telling me to hold the mode button and there was something else to do but I just can't remember. Thanks for the tip, I appreciate the help.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Code

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    AFter checking the for the code, it is PD524

Spyder Garage

Code P0524 is Engine oil pressure too low.

Could not find PD524.
    SpyDel
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Check you oil for sure.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

This can be a bad oil pressure switch or a known glitch in the oil pressure switch reset routine. First be sure you actually added the oil. Owners have been interrupted and forget. Also be sure the drain plugs are back in. I know it sounds stupid, but it has happened. If the engine has oil, and isn't making a loud racket, the rev the engine to over 3,00-3,500 rpm for 15-30 seconds and the oil light should go out and the limp mode will reset. You can also just take a ride. This is BRP's workaround. I don't like it, but it works. If it still doesn't clear, have the switch tested and likely replaced.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    Changed the oil in the SM5 2010, and we also installed the IscI driver floor boards which meant messing with the brake and clutch. Everything is back to normal but the Limp Home Mode is now on----grrrrrr. Does anyone know how to turn it off. I did it once before but can't remember what to do. Sure would appreciate some help.

I just checked the code and it is PD524--Can anyone help.
    On my husband's 2013 stl it kept going into limp mode when he got on the brake pretty good, then didn't have a brake light. He just got it out of the shop again and they replaced the brake light switch for the second time. I'm not sure if this is the same problem you're having or not.
    araknd

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    AFter checking the for the code, it is PD524
    This happened to me once after changing the oil and filter on my 2010 SM5. Turned out I had installed the oil filter backward. No one else is likely to be that dumb :o) but I thought I would still mention it, just in case.

Mike
    Idaho
    www.rtwrider.net

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Brake light switch

Quote Originally Posted by araknd View Post
    On my husband's 2013 stl it kept going into limp mode when he got on the brake pretty good, then didn't have a brake light. He just got it out of the shop again and they replaced the brake light switch for the second time. I'm not sure if this is the same problem you're having or not.
    Was it the BRAKE light switch or the BRAKE pressure switch? the two gat called the same name but they do two different jobs, I'm looking at the same problem, thanks

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default All fixed

Thanks to all who helped us with this problem. Scotty, however, was the suggestion that worked. So happy to have Spyderlovers around.