Spyder Garage

Default Installing zumo 660 on 2013 RS SE5

Ok so i'm taking the spy in to get my zumo installed. attached are all the parts that came with it-i bought this off ebay. Those that have installed this zumo on azumo.jpgzumo2.jpgzumo1.jpgzumo3.jpg 2013 RS SE5 could you please tell me if i have all the parts needed? or do i need to buy a different mount?? if I need to buy a different mount what kind do I get and where did you get yours? Please let me know! I am taking it in next wed so if i need a mount i need to get it asap! thank you!!
    2013 Silver RS SE5
    Mods: 23 in windshield, Zumo 660 and mount, 2go cup holder, BRP comfort seat, throttle lock, alignment, RS-ST handlebar swap
    2700 miles and loving every minute!

Spyder Garage

I can't say with certainly, not knowing what bracket for the Zumo you have, but an aftermarket bracket specific to the device is usually needed. Check GPSCity.com and see what they recommend.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

You have everything you need except a bracket on the Spyder to start from. I am not sure what the handle bars are like on the 2013s but this is what I did on my 09 GS.

P7290003.jpg

That is a RAM Mount bracket I got from GPS City.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Guesswho View Post
    Ok so i'm taking the spy in to get my zumo installed. attached are all the parts that came with it-i bought this off ebay. Those that have installed this zumo on azumo.jpgzumo2.jpgzumo1.jpgzumo3.jpg 2013 RS SE5 could you please tell me if i have all the parts needed? or do i need to buy a different mount?? if I need to buy a different mount what kind do I get and where did you get yours? Please let me know! I am taking it in next wed so if i need a mount i need to get it asap! thank you!!
    The 660 plastic mount holes should line up with the Ram mount with four holes. The mount in your second picture should/could mount somewhere on the center handlebar, you'll just have to line that up when you're ready to start. You'll have to determine how you want to route the power cable, there is a handy hole in the center of your handlebar where the Can Am GPS mount routes its cable thru. Just pop the little plastic cover. You could then cut an opening in the plastic cover to allow the cable to pass thru and then cover up the hole in the handlebar. I went with the Can Am GPS mount, but they sure are proud of that hunk of aluminum.
    Last edited by BMWpilot; 03-13-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the help, I'm not installing it tho! That's funny! Me install something..... Taking it to the dealer to install...Hopefully they hide the cord well! They don't seem too knowledgable about much of anything with spyders. Asked if they could switch out my RS handle bar with the ST and they said without missing a beat that was impossible to do....ummm no its not from what I've read on here! grrrrrr. I wish i was mechanically inclined!
    2013 Silver RS SE5
    Mods: 23 in windshield, Zumo 660 and mount, 2go cup holder, BRP comfort seat, throttle lock, alignment, RS-ST handlebar swap
    2700 miles and loving every minute!