GOS member (Girls On Spyders) BigLegMac's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Go pro hero 3 placement on rts new spyder

Hi Guys. I need to put my go pro hero 3 camera on my 2014 RTS and dont have a clue where. Will a suction cup on the dash board stay? If so where do I get the right one? I need it before I leave for Arizona march 29. I see on ebay suction cups but they are for car mounting. I am worried about the vibration on the sypder knocking off camera. Can someone advise me on what to do. Does anyone have pics of where they posted their go pro. I am getting a 12 volt USB put near the left side handlebars so i can hook up the camera. I still have to read up on how the camera works too. Time is running out. What do you guys recommend I get as far as long records on my bike trip for the camera. I also bought a rear view camera that i will take to the dealer and sweet talk him into putting it on for me as soon as it comes in. Got bike at dealer getting all accessories put on that I ordered. Everything has finally come in just in time for my trip. Yeah! Any assistance on this matter will be greatly appreciated. I need to order what I need now for this camera.

Spyder Garage

I bought this bracket from JT's Machine shop, a sponser of Spyderlovers. It mounts using the screw location on top of the dash and allows you to install Ram mounts or other device you come up with to mount the camera or other things. I installed my last night and put my cell phone holder on it and will also install my video camera there when I use it.

http://gnipsel.com/spyderstore/

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

There is also tethers that go pro sells, which is a good backup if the suction cup fails ( which is rare) as in placement there is 3 or 4 good spots depending on what you want to video? Pierre from SpyderTV sent me a photo with the spots he uses, but can't seem to find it, if I do I will post it.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

A solid mount like shown would be the best but I have used a strong velcro material also . My preference is ram ball mounts.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigLegMac View Post
    Hi Guys. I need to put my go pro hero 3 camera on my 2014 RTS and dont have a clue where. Will a suction cup on the dash board stay? If so where do I get the right one? I need it before I leave for Arizona march 29. I see on ebay suction cups but they are for car mounting. I am worried about the vibration on the sypder knocking off camera. Can someone advise me on what to do. Does anyone have pics of where they posted their go pro. I am getting a 12 volt USB put near the left side handlebars so i can hook up the camera. I still have to read up on how the camera works too. Time is running out. What do you guys recommend I get as far as long records on my bike trip for the camera. I also bought a rear view camera that i will take to the dealer and sweet talk him into putting it on for me as soon as it comes in. Got bike at dealer getting all accessories put on that I ordered. Everything has finally come in just in time for my trip. Yeah! Any assistance on this matter will be greatly appreciated. I need to order what I need now for this camera.
    I used one that came with the camera never had any problem had to buy new pad because could not get it off when I got new bike

Spyder Garage

Default suction cup for go pro hero camera

Where exactly did you put the pad on the spyder to get a good view?

Spyder Garage

Default Placement of go pro hero 3 on rts

If anyone has pics of the location of the go pro hero 3 I would love to see them. looking on line now for the video screen so i can see what i am taping. Thanks for all the responses.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I bought this on Amazon. Search under camera mounts. About $20.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Walmart has the LCD screen that plugs into the back . I use suction cup on windshield and a steel fish leader as a tether .

Spyder Garage

I put a mount on my right side mirror an it works good. Easy to turn on an off there if you don't have a remote.
    2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Larry rt View Post
    Walmart has the LCD screen that plugs into the back . I use suction cup on windshield and a steel fish leader as a tether .
    I use the suction cup and have never had a issue. I put my gopro on the outside face of the windshield and have put it on rear trunk also. You can tether the camera for safety. but the suction cup is very good. Just make sure surfaces are clean before installing cup and mount.

Spyder Garage

Default mounting of go pro

Thanks everyone for your help. I ordered the suction cup. Putting go pro on right mirror is a good idea too. I guess i can use the adhesive piece that came with camera for that. I dont quite know how to tether the camera for safety. I guess i need to actually see how that is done. I got a rear view camera in the mail today. I am taking it to dealer to install tommorow. Its good for seeing behind you so no one can sneak up. I can get to see how all my mods look. Gonna pick it up next friday just in time for arizona bike week. See you guys at spyderfest with my new tricked out RTS. Thanks again.

Spyder Garage

Default Best Buy sells a vise clamp with flew arm made by Go Pro

Just google it and you should be able find it. You can mount the directly to the clamp or use in conjunction with the flex arm. It gives you options and its easy to un-clamp and put it away. I think you will like it and with the short amount of time before your trip it could be the perfect thing. Oh, congrats on your purchase of the 2014. Enjoy it out there on your trip and ride safe. Sorry about the type error that's suppose to be "Flex Arm"
    Last edited by bandwagon; 03-13-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigLegMac View Post
    If anyone has pics of the location of the go pro hero 3 I would love to see them. looking on line now for the video screen so i can see what i am taping. Thanks for all the responses.
    i mounted mine per the below pix.... however, mine is an RS, but this will give you an idea of what can be done... i utilized an existing fastener of the SPYD3R which saved me from drilling a hole in the tuperware..... whatever you do, do it well.....

SAM_0378.jpg SAM_0379.jpg SAM_0380.jpg SAM_0381.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default The Go Pro Clamp

flex clamp.jpgflex clamp1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Just google it and you should be able find it. You can mount the directly to the clamp or use in conjunction with the flex arm. It gives you options and its easy to un-clamp and put it away. I think you will like it and with the short amount of time before your trip it could be the perfect thing. Oh, congrats on your purchase of the 2014. Enjoy it out there on your trip and ride safe. Sorry about the type error that's suppose to be "Flex Arm"

Spyder Garage

Default go pro camera position

I got the vise clamp one on line and should get it in a few days. Thanks for the info.

Spyder Garage

I've used the vise clamp on the edge of the dash.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC