Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default any input on fox podium shocks vs elka

How well does the Fox podium shocks and upgraded sway bar kit that BRP offers work - compared to the Baja Ron bar and say Elka shocks

Spyder Garage

I have the Fox shocks and the Ronbar on my STS and it is an awesome upgrade.

Sorry I can't compare to the Elkas, but for me it rides well enough now that there's no reason to spend all that extra money.

Only thing I wonder is if a better rear shock would make any improvement in the future.

I still have the bar that came w/ the Fox shocks that I won't be using.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Snoopy really curious how well the upgraded BRP sway bar stacks up to the Ron bar did you ever install the BRP bar?

Spyder Garage

No Sir.

I had the Ronbar on and installed the Fox shocks a week later.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chuck gross View Post
    How well does the Fox podium shocks and upgraded sway bar kit that BRP offers work - compared to the Baja Ron bar and say Elka shocks
    Chuck, I have the BajaRon bar and Fox shocks myself. It is a huge improvement in ride and handling and like Snoopy says; no need to
    spend the extra money to go to Elkas unless you switch between solo and dual riders often enough to warrant the adjustability of the Elkas.

In general the ride will border a "choppy to stiff ride" for some, but personally I prefer the "road feel" of this set up now.
    You will feel the road undulations more over OEM but it smooths out the ride on dips and bumps very much better. The BajaRon bar and Fox shocks fits my riding style on the STS very well; bike has more directional stability and hardly rolls on corners.

If you can get a test ride on new RS-S, try it and see how you like the ride. The BajaRon bar just reduce the body roll even further!

On the RT, I might consider the Elkas if my wife decides to ride with me more often.

Spyder Garage

Throw in the option of adding preload [PVC] spacers to the current shocks and add the Baja Ron sway bar. That would give you 3 option (not counting the do nothing option).

I don't know what model bike you have, I have a 2012 RTS, but a 0.8" preload spacer on the front shock with it in the 3rd indent is right on for me (208 lbs) after I have Baja Ron sway bar. The preload spacers costless than $10.

For the rear, I swaped out the rear spring to the 2013 spring, then added a 1.5" PVC spacer. I need a bit bigger preload spacer as the 1.5" only compresses the spring about 0.3" (the 2013 spring is 1.2" shorter than the 2012 spring). As it is, the rear spring is almost good for all solo riding conditions. I'm working out options for making a longer spacer (1.8, possibly 1.9").

Good luck, let us know what you do.

Jerry
    13 ST Limited F/R suspension, Corbin, GIVI top case

16 Vespa Primavera 150: Stock
    16 Piaggio BV350: Suspension, braking mods in work
    14 HD XL1200T: F/R suspension and brake mods; Corbin saddle and bags
    09 Aprilia SC250: F/R suspension and minor brake mods
    97 Honda PC800: F/R wheels, F/R suspension, and F/R brake Mods; Corbin saddle
    90 CB-1: In work, long term project
    89 Honda NT650: F/R suspension; Corbin saddle

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I just ordered the Ron bar for my 2013 STL if that doesn't stiffen up the suspension enough in the corners I will get the Fox podium shocks.
    thanks to all for your input it is much appreciated

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chuck gross View Post
    I just ordered the Ron bar for my 2013 STL if that doesn't stiffen up the suspension enough in the corners I will get the Fox podium shocks.
    thanks to all for your input it is much appreciated

Any updates? How do you like Ron bar? Did you feel the need to upgrade to Fox shocks?