Spyder Garage

Default New Brand Motorcycle

At a press conference late Monday, the CEO of Johnson Marine, makers of Johnson outboard marine engines and other recreational equipment, unveiled a new line of heavyweight cruiser style motorcycles designed tocompete head to head with industry leader Harley-Davidson.
    Peter Long, Johnson brands marketing manager said, "We havestudied the market and determined that Harley, while highly successful, hasnarrowly missed the mark when targeting motorcycle buyers". Long added,"We at Johnson are convinced that our product hits the target dead centerand promises to draw sales away from Harley-Davidson in a way no othermotorcycle has been able to accomplish".
    The new line of bikes, marketed under the name Big Johnson Motorcycles, will, according to Long, deliver what Harley has only promised."Our research shows that this, a Big Johnson, is what Harley buyers are really after".
    At the unveiling of the new line Monday, several current Harleyowners agreed. "When I bought my Harley, what I really needed was a Big Johnson,"said one Harley owner." But I see now that riding a Harley is no replacement for having a Big Johnson."
    Manager Long also said that his company would follow the lead ofHarley-Davidson and cash in on a huge market for non-motorcycle related products."We realize that not every guy can have a Big Johnson," said Long,"But image is very important to people. If they don't have a Big Johnson,they at least want to project the image of having one."
    Asked if he anticipated Big Johnsons showing up in the hands ofHarley owners, Long said it was unlikely. "I just don't see the need tohave a Harley if you have a Big Johnson," he said. "And I can't imagine someone who spends all their resources to acquire a Harley having a BigJohnson. I think it boils down to this - You either have a Harley, or you have a Big Johnson, but you are not likely to have both." "Given thechoice," said Long, "I think most guys will opt for the BigJohnson."
    Another force driving sales for the company will come from women.A survey of the wives and girlfriends of nearly 1,000 potential motorcyclebuyers indicates less than 5% would approve of their partner spending $15,000on a Harley Davidson. But, when asked if they would be willing to pay the sameamount of money to get their partner a Big Johnson, nearly 4 out 5 thought thatwould be money well spent.
    One female present at the product unveiling was quoted as saying,"There is no way I will let Lonnie drop 15 grand on another one of those Harleys, but 15 grand to get him a Big Johnson? Well, that's something we couldboth enjoy, and it's something he really needs."
    Carla Roundheel, manager of the dealership network now beingestablished, said her motto is simple. "I service what we sell." BigJohnson Motorcycles will be traded on the New York stock exchange under the abbreviation PNSNV.

Reprint from another site. It makes me grin!
    Last edited by TexasSpyder; 03-05-2014 at 07:26 AM.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

Red face

Man, the first posting of this was a LONG read

Double entendre not intended...
    Last edited by Jeriatric; 03-05-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

LOL, I am not really sure what to think of this article.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can't wait for the Tee-Shirts to show up...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I tried to make a funny comment regarding this but then i thought better. So rather than promote this type of behavior, i will officially say. NO COMMENT. (loved the story though).

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe,
    Aren't you feeling well?

Spyder Garage

Here's the equivalent in spyders:

HD= RT
    Big Johnson= GS/RS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wylie,
    A question :
    If you have a Big Johnson; can you still ride an RT??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Wylie,
    A question :
    If you have a Big Johnson; can you still ride an RT??
    Once a big Johnson, always a big Johnson. So, yes I can ride an RT with no shrinkage.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

See what i mean.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I guess I've been demoted to a Vespa.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

What a load of BS but quit funny big johnson and all.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) CSW61's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My wife has ordered my Big Johnson. Said she couldn't wait for it to arrive so we could take it for a ride.
    2018 RT Limited , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CSW61 View Post
    My wife has ordered my Big Johnson. Said she couldn't wait for it to arrive so we could take it for a ride.

WE????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well; somebody has to drive the thing!

Spyder Garage

Posted about 26 days early. Doesn't BRP make Evinrude and Johnson motors?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe that they do...