Spyder Garage

Default Manetic Drain Plug?

I plan on doing my own oil change after the initial dealer change. My ride is a 2012 RT SM5. Do I need one or two different plugs? Thanks... Art

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post
    I plan on doing my own oil change after the initial dealer change. My ride is a 2012 RT SM5. Do I need one or two different plugs? Thanks... Art
    I just did it on my 2011 RT SM5. You do not need any drain plugs. You just need the filter kit with O-rings and the 2 drain plug crush washers. I order that from Baja Ron. You reuse the original drain plugs.

The RT has 2 drain plugs. The one on the bottom of the engine is already magnetic. The one on the oil tank is not.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

You can get magnetic plugs here:

http://magneticdrainplug.com/motorcycle.html

I believe the MP1 is for the sump and the 2 is for the reservoir. They have a lookup feature.
    2012 Spyder RT