Spyder Garage

Default Powdercoat Questions

I intend to re-powdercoat all the typical castings on my 2012 RT-S flat black, including the handlebar cover and the windshield bracket. And here's some questions for you folks that have already done it yourselves or had it done.

1. Did you remove the bushing in the shifter pedal and if so how?
    2. Did you remove the two bearings in the brake pedal and if so how?
    3. Approximately, or exactly, how much did it cost if you had it done by someone else?

You can respond via PM if you'd like for significant others to not know how much we spend on Farkles. I need to know if my guy is really giving me the "good buddy" deal he says he's going to.

Mike in KY

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Hi Mike
    you should send a PM to RCDURANGO here on SL. He just did this very same project. He is a great guy and will be able to offer his recent experience.

Good luck. I love the powder coating. I am getting ready to do quite a bit on mine very soon.

Spyder Garage

i just had the piece that holds the windshield powder coated and it cost me $40.00 if that is any help, done by a local company no special pricing or anything like that, three day turnaround.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

hi I have all my factory castings powder coated including the front wheels and the rear wheel hub and sprocket. And yes you have to remove all bushings prior to coating it gets hot in the ovens. You can pound out the bushings carefully with a hammer and a socket of appropriate size. Cost for me to powder coat every thing was right around 1000 dollars. IMGP0011.jpgIMGP0008.jpgIMGP0007.jpg I also did the the front fender supports hard to see. I don't have photos of the rear wheel or the handle bars sorry im horrible at taking pictures. The powder coating company will tape off all areas that are not supposed to get coated.
    Love the 3 wheels way of life

2011 RT Limited

Mods

Custom vinyl wrap
    Two brothers exhaust
    custom glo riders
    carbon fiber dash kit(orange)
    2013 15 inch wheels powder coated orange
    all factory castings powder coated orange
    Elka's
    Baha Ron sway bar(will be powder coated orange next winter)
    Spyder pops (every thing he has for the rt)
    Lamonts hiway pegs