Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default My two cents

Definately sounds like BRP knows something for sure. I recall the 14's were delayed for a reason and I bet some how maybe this one snuck by and got released? You know something is up when BRP flies someone from Canada long long ways to work on a repair and so forth. This is NOT a normal response for sure. I agree with other posts here, I don't think they understand how people feel and human reactions to things like this. Why not just be up front and open about it so everyone knows, understands, and is on the same page. Being secretive about it only causes conspiracy theories and causes bad publicity. Where as if they were open and say, "Here is the deal we......" then everyone would say, "okay I can deal with that" and everyoen would be like wow--BRP did that for you---they have to be a great company. Doing it this way really makes you wonder. If they truly want to instill in consumers good feelings about their product they got to learn how to deal upfront and honestly with all consumers. Plus by sharing the situation, if there were any other units out there that end up doing similar things, at least we all could say, "Oh here is what happened to this person here is the fix". So so silly.

Now this dealer and how they handled the situation and the person in need---is absolutely terrible and another reason this country has issues. How do people like that stay in business is beyond me. How can they sleep at night? Just NUTS!

Well, congrats on the repair and may your future be filled with fun, smooth and great memories and rydes. Sorry you had to endure all this.

God Speed and God Bless YOU!

2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Confidentiality??
    In THIS place???

Give them credit; they've got guts!

But... I am very glad to hear that your bike is back "up on three!"
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default what uNcLe bOb sAiD

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Arrow BRP repair readines

Parts? The tech BRP sent in did'nt show up with an empty suitcase. He came armed to repair anything within the clutch system that could cause the OP's reported conditon. IF, (as has been speculated) there are known clutch problems then they very likely knew what the cause was.

Refusal to share what was repaired was obviously not a decision made by the tech. He is following orders from higher on the food chain. Regardless of who the order came from. That's no way to build customer confidence.

Love my spyder but BRP just lost another point on the favorability scale. Their secrecy and and refusal to look in the review mirror and address past KNOWN problems does not speak well of them. If, they honestly want to be a major player in the High End touring market. They need to start scoring points. Not loosing them.

Spyder Garage

Default stranded

My guess is the dealer screwed something up and the BRP tech is covering for them. Why else would the dealer pay part of the tow.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think that the dealer had to touch anything in the clutching system in order to prep the bike for sale.
    They probably ate the cost of the towing as a pure "Good-Will" gesture.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default EVERY STORY

EVERY STORY I READ LIKE THIS, tells me to keep my ZERO PROBLEM '09 RS forever.....
    BRP should be ashamed of themselves for allowing even ONE Spyder out of their facilities that isn't PERFECT.... they have had plenty of time to get every 'bug' fixed... but it seems like it just keeps happening and happening.... i'm becoming very leery of their products....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Okay, got the bike home (was dirty from the 300 miles ride) so priority # 1 was detailing it. Looks good as new. Road perfectly on the ride home.

I never met BRP tech Danny, I did, however, speak with the service manager. Here is what he said. BRP flys straight from New York to here (San Angelo, TX) on Tuesday and shows up as soon as the dealer opens today. He then goes onto say that Danny worked on the bike for several hours and that he had a curtain around the bike and no one was allowed to see what he was doing. He said BRP did not tell him what the repair was other than the bike is fixed! He did say he has never heard of a company flying down like BRP did. He said he was in shock like I was. Anyway he did say how impressed with Danny's technical expertise was regarding spyders, lol!

I also find it odd that when I was first stranded, I posted here. So I am sure BRP is reading here daily and that's how they called me so quickly.

#1. I commend BRP for doing what they did so quickly. That says something, however, I am little disappointed that they could not tell me the fix. Its probably for lawsuit reasons and they don't want the masses flooding the dealerships. That's my uneducated guess.

#2. The dealer (that didn't sell me the bike) is reimbursing me the difference in the towing. That says something as well.

I am satisfied with the outcome, not 100% but almost. Took out my frustration by buying some new goodies, new gloves, jacket, sena Bluetooth, mudflap, and soon to be swaybay from Ron.
    Last edited by SAPD911; 02-26-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by unclejay View Post
    BRP in idyllic mood, admits bad transmissions

Somebody crashes

Lawyers have field day
    +1

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stewartj239 View Post
    I've owned nothing but Hondas for the last 25 years. My wife and I love our Spyder, but BRP has a long way to go to match Honda quality and durability.
    I totally agree with this comment.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default ext time

i go out to my bike i have to make sure i don't step in bull

magical member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SAPD911 View Post
    He then goes onto say that Danny worked on the bike for several hours and that he had a curtain around the bike and no one was allowed to see what he was doing.
    I bet he didn't want anyone to see he was really chatting to Lamont and Nancy's Toy for the fix

Personally that's outstanding customer service, above and beyond the call of duty. BRP gets my vote of confidence, glad it all got fixed.

harry

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    boy do I hate threads like this.
    I agree with Roger %100

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
    If this a trend,it can be traced to a part, a procedure, or a person on the assembly line.
    Let's hope this has a happy ending.
    If it is a trend? Only time will tell.

Based on the OP's latest post. The appearance is BRP sent someone in to accomplish the repair more to protect their interests than, service the customer.

Spyder Garage

Quote: SAPD911--"I never met BRP tech Danny, I did, however, speak with the service manager. Here is what he said. BRP flys straight from New York to here (San Angelo, TX) on Tuesday and shows up as soon as the dealer opens today. He then goes onto say that Danny worked on the bike for several hours and that he had a curtain around the bike and no one was allowed to see what he was doing. He said BRP did not tell him what the repair was other than the bike is fixed! He did say he has never heard of a company flying down like BRP did. He said he was in shock like I was. Anyway he did say how impressed with Danny's technical expertise was regarding spyders, lol!" Partial Quote from a post just above. Highlights are mine.

: I for one am happy that the problem is solved.

: I also commend BRP for flying people down to address the situation.

: I also commend the dealer for picking up the slack on the tow job. That was a turnaround from the initial impression we got.

My concern is the "curtain and dagger" approach to the solution. It makes it look like they are trying to hide something. The cats out of the bag--so why not fill us in? Hopefully this is just an isolated incident and an isolated problem. Time is going to tell if something is lurking in the wings--but hopefully we will not be going there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

If BRP is reading this thread...we need a response to this. What was the fix???????? Stop playing games.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cal777 View Post
    I agree with Roger %100
    I also totally agree with this! And I am sure they are and have been following this post!
    Last edited by Netminder; 02-26-2014 at 07:44 PM.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default had to come back

Quote Originally Posted by SAPD911 View Post
    Okay, got the bike home (was dirty from the 300 miles ride) so priority # 1 was detailing it. Looks good as new. Road perfectly on the ride home.

I never met BRP tech Danny, I did, however, speak with the service manager. Here is what he said. BRP flys straight from New York to here (San Angelo, TX) on Tuesday and shows up as soon as the dealer opens today. He then goes onto say that Danny worked on the bike for several hours and that he had a curtain around the bike and no one was allowed to see what he was doing. He said BRP did not tell him what the repair was other than the bike is fixed! He did say he has never heard of a company flying down like BRP did. He said he was in shock like I was. Anyway he did say how impressed with Danny's technical expertise was regarding spyders, lol!

I also find it odd that when I was first stranded, I posted here. So I am sure BRP is reading here daily and that's how they called me so quickly.

#1. I commend BRP for doing what they did so quickly. That says something, however, I am little disappointed that they could not tell me the fix. Its probably for lawsuit reasons and they don't want the masses flooding the dealerships. That's my uneducated guess.

#2. The dealer (that didn't sell me the bike) is reimbursing me the difference in the towing. That says something as well.

I am satisfied with the outcome, not 100% but almost. Took out my frustration by buying some new goodies, new gloves, jacket, sena Bluetooth, mudflap, and soon to be swaybay from Ron.

i had to come back and re read this post, the tech worked for several hrs behind a curtain and did not say what he did, OMG this is real cloth and dagger stuff, right now i am laughing because if the problem happens to someone else the dealer will not be able to fix it and will have to supply a cordoned off area so a BRP tech can work on the secret problem and than slip back into the abyss and only come back for the next problem, JUST A RIDICULOUS WAY TO RUN A COMPANY

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks BRP

If Brp is reading this thread. I would like to say thanks for taking care of this repair so fast!!!!

2014 RTS SE6 White
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka front shocks supplied by Pitbull Power sports.
    Aligned By Squared Away
    Smooth Spyder belt tensioner
    Sprderpops Bump skid
    BRP TRI AXSIS Handle bars
    Luggage rack
    2013 STS SE5 Circuit Yellow. The Jenny Mobile!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

never mind the man behind the blue curtain.

nothing to see here … move along

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    EVERY STORY I READ LIKE THIS, tells me to keep my ZERO PROBLEM '09 RS forever.....<snip
    Amen to that bro - '09 SM5. I'm laughing all the way to my next destination. Only been to a dealer once - for the DPS recall.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

Default Stranded on hwy transmission out

Just to try and set the record straight.
    I believe the Technician's name is actually Dany.
    He is not just any Technician, he is the chief BRP SPYDER technician and likely can teach both Lamont and Scotty and all of the rest of us a lot.
    In addition, when I have spoken with him at the Owner's Events he has been most helpful, courteous, professional and extremely interested in discussing and solving whatever it was that I needed.
    I have no idea why all the secrecy was necessary but it is what it is and the vehicle is repaired in a prompt manner by BRP.
    I would wager that BRP is reimbursing the Dealer for the additional tow charges through the Dealer's BRP parts or Service Account.

Just saying!

KYSPYDER

Spyder Garage

Have been in an ER environment and have seen curtains around a patient to protect their privacy.
    Never saw curtains around a vehicle in a mechanics bay. Hope Danny was using sterilized tools.

Do you smell fish?
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

On a technicality, I am not sure that BRP can withhold the information as to what they did. Even though the issue was fixed under warranty, the bike is no longer their property. I believe that details of the changes and/or fixes must be reported to the owner if he really wants to know. There should also be a detailed repair record given to the owner for his records. The repairs made here could also have some influence on future repairs or if additional problems are incurred.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default After reading all this

All I can say is weird just plain weird!!