Spyder Garage

Default Risers for 2013 rs

Has anyone got any information if anybody is making handlebar risers for the 13 yet

Spyder Garage

Default NO:(

I've been asking that question since I first got my RS 13 in Aug....no one makes them Apparently you can get ST handle bars and put them on an RS...but that seems like way too much work for me.
    2013 Silver RS SE5
    Mods: 23 in windshield, Zumo 660 and mount, 2go cup holder, BRP comfort seat, throttle lock, alignment, RS-ST handlebar swap
    2700 miles and loving every minute!

Spyder Garage

I have not found any risers for my 2013 yet. I will have a set of ST bars in my hands tomorrow for my conversion. If anyone is interested I can try to make a step by step on how to do the conversion. It doesn't look to be that difficult to me if your mechanical.

Spyder Garage

Default Pix too

Quote Originally Posted by hchays View Post
    I have not found any risers for my 2013 yet. I will have a set of ST bars in my hands tomorrow for my conversion. If anyone is interested I can try to make a step by step on how to do the conversion. It doesn't look to be that difficult to me if your mechanical.
    You might want to take photos during the disassembly and assembly. The shop manual is so worthless when it comes to this area.

Ed

Spyder Garage

OTE=Guesswho;764577]I've been asking that question since I first got my RS 13 in Aug....no one makes them Apparently you can get ST handle bars and put them on an RS...but that seems like way too much work for me.[/QUOTE]

Can't believe aftermarket parts are so hard to get for the for RS 13
    Hindle don't make exhaust for them.
    Floor boards hard to get for sm5 ( will make my own)
    No handle bar risers

Spyder Garage

I have made my own highway pegs, speakers and I bought a HMF exhaust. Now I'm going to do the St bar swap. Also if you have a 2013 RS SM5 and want a cruise control, I think I just found one. Kaoko makes a throttle assist for the 2013 ST and it's part number is CAN200. Everything I see says it should work on our units. After I get my bar swap done I am ordering one.

Spyder Garage

I have not found any riiters for my 2013 yet. I will have a set of ST bars in my hands tomorrow for my conversion. If anyone is interested I can try to make a step by step on how to do the conversion. It doesn't look to be that difficult to me if your mechanical.

Very interested in this. How much they set u back?
    Please do a step by step I would appreciate It. Pic. be nice

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hchays;764into it09
    I have made my own highway pegs, speakers and I bought a HMF exhaust. Now I'm going to do the St bar swap. Also if you have a 2013 RS SM5 and want a cruise control, I think I just found one. Kaoko makes a throttle assist for the 2013 ST and it's part number is CAN200. Everything I see says it should work on our units. After I get my bar swap done I am ordering one.

Thanks will look It

Spyder Garage

Default Yes plz!

Yes lots and lots of step by step directions would be nice! and where did you get the handle bars from? did you just order them thru BRP?
    2013 Silver RS SE5
    Mods: 23 in windshield, Zumo 660 and mount, 2go cup holder, BRP comfort seat, throttle lock, alignment, RS-ST handlebar swap
    2700 miles and loving every minute!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Guesswho View Post
    Yes lots and lots of step by step directions would be nice! and where did you get the handle bars from? did you just order them thru BRP?
    I actually bought them from a member on SpyderLovers. He has an ST and wanted to lower his bars, so he put RS bars on his ST. You can buy all the parts new from BRP for around $200. I will take pictures and document as I go.

Spyder Garage

I did my RS - ST handlebar swap today. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. It took me about 1 1/2 hours to do including pictures. I will post a DIY thread on this a little later tonight.

Spyder Garage

I did my RS - ST handlebar swap today. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. It took me about 1 1/2 hours to do including pictures. I will post a DIY thread on this a little later tonight.
    Arrghhh

Spyder Garage

Can't wait.Like to know if it's a huge difference in comfort and height. Sure didn't take u long. Must have been basic. Cables all fit. Do you have se as I have sm5 and will it make a difference.
    NICE

Spyder Garage

I just posted the "How To" for the RS -ST handlebar swap in the DIY section of the site. Let me know what you think.

Spyder Garage

I just posted the "How To" for the RS -ST handlebar swap in the DIY section of the site. Let me know what you think.
    So that's how you separate the wiring harness connector from the ignition switch...

Spyder Garage

I was thinking that you said you struggled with that part. Once you remove the rubber boot it has three clips that you can push in with one hand and pull the plug out of the switch.

Spyder Garage

I was thinking that you said you struggled with that part. Once you remove the rubber boot it has three clips that you can push in with one hand and pull the plug out of the switch.
    I had enough slack once I unbolted the ignition switch I was able to work around keeping the wiring harness connected. I did not want to screw up the ignition switch wiring by fumble fingering the harness connector, and then damaging it trying to remove it. I saw two tabs but didn't notice the third and that's why I wasn't able to disconnect the switch.

The black bars should be looking pretty neat on your dark gray bike. I didn't realize until now you previously had silver bars.

Spyder Garage

I thought the black would look good and it does. It kind of changed the look of the Spyder (in a good way). I think they are going to work out really well. If you stumble across anyone that wants to do a ST - RS handlebar swap like you did let me know. I will sell my RS bars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool risers for 2013 spyder rs

buy a set of 7/8in dog bones on ebay and make your own

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The "cheap" Custom Dynamics Ezy Risers are recommended for the RS 2008-2012 only.

However a couple of ingenious owners here have actually fitted them to an ST and this would likely work on an RS too.

See http://www.lindsayroland.com/pdf/Add...toSpyderST.pdf