Thread: Trailer Mode

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Mode

Ok I have an aftermarket trailer that most likely weighs less than most 2nd passengers on my 2010 RT. Can somebody help me with the purpose of trailer mode and what is does? If I am pulling it empty does it really need to go into trailer mode? Thanks for any help.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jwenzen View Post
    Ok I have an aftermarket trailer that most likely weighs less than most 2nd passengers on my 2010 RT. Can somebody help me with the purpose of trailer mode and what is does? If I am pulling it empty does it really need to go into trailer mode? Thanks for any help.
    TM adjusts your auto downshift rpm to occur higher than normal to protect the drive train components. Some say it also puts input to the VSS but no one has proven that to me yet. We pull R622's with both Spyders and do not use TM. However, we alway stay over 4,000 rpm and never drive with passengers. It is a safeguard.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)