Thread: New Guy

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking New Guy

I've just found this site, pretty cool. I've had my spyder since 12/1/07 (#668/gray) and I love it. Live in Chula Vista,Ca. Can't say I have'nt had some problems and interesting conversation with the service dept. but I'm not going to let that stop me. Looking forward to many conversations an ride. The posts I've read tells me I'm with some good people who can help me out when I need it.

The Caser..

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by caser View Post
    I've just found this site, pretty cool. I've had my spyder since 12/1/07 (#668/gray) and I love it. Live in Chula Vista,Ca. Can't say I have'nt had some problems and interesting conversation with the service dept. but I'm not going to let that stop me. Looking forward to many conversations an ride. The posts I've read tells me I'm with some good people who can help me out when I need it.

The Caser..
    Welcome aboard, matey.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The Caser..
    welcome

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

welcome

Share with us your 'problems and interesting conversation with the service dept.'.

Also; how many miles do you have on your Spyder?
    Last edited by Greg H.; 08-10-2008 at 04:34 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

welcome

Spyder Garage

welcome Some very knowledgeable folks here, enjoy!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

welcome

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

welcome

Spyder Garage

Talking

welcome

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default WELCOME

WELCOME RIDE SAFE.

Spyder Garage

welcome
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Welcome..Chula Vista..you did get alarm on that thing right...lol. Kidding. Heard it has been getting cleaned up lately.
    Enjoy..

Spyder Garage

welcome

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry Thanks for the Welcome

Hey, thanks for the welcome and so many. Thats pretty cool. I'm a newby on the computer but I was told there were people out their.

Greg, you asked about my bike & dealer troubles. First was the replacement of the speedo buttons on the dash, no biggy. Then the power steering went out and it took over a mo. to get the part. I called BRP about it and they told me they "only talk to the dealer". Then it started stalling on me. Six times in all, twice on the freeway going 70. I mean the engine just stopped like someone turned off the key. I'd get it to the side of the road and after a min. or so it would fire back up and I'd be on my way. This happen every 200 mi. or so on average. The dealer had it for over 4 wks., said nothing wrong. I kept asking them to call BRP for help but for some reason they would'nt. After many heated phone calls they finally did call and an hr. later 2 parts, a switch assby & module, were in the mail and I'm back on the road. Needless to say I'll truck it to someone else if there's a next time.

I currently have a little over 4200 mi. on it and dispite my troubles I love my spyder.

Aloha, The Caser

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

welcome

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

welcome

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

welcome

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey, thanks for the welcome and so many. Thats pretty cool. I'm a newby on the computer but I was told there were people out their.

Greg, you asked about my bike & dealer troubles. First was the replacement of the speedo buttons on the dash, no biggy. Then the power steering went out and it took over a mo. to get the part. I called BRP about it and they told me they "only talk to the dealer". Then it started stalling on me. Six times in all, twice on the freeway going 70. I mean the engine just stopped like someone turned off the key. I'd get it to the side of the road and after a min. or so it would fire back up and I'd be on my way. This happen every 200 mi. or so on average. The dealer had it for over 4 wks., said nothing wrong. I kept asking them to call BRP for help but for some reason they would'nt. After many heated phone calls they finally did call and an hr. later 2 parts, a switch assby & module, were in the mail and I'm back on the road. Needless to say I'll truck it to someone else if there's a next time.

I currently have a little over 4200 mi. on it and dispite my troubles I love my spyder.

Aloha, The Caser