Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default A message to Fun Bike Center sent on their FB site

Just want to let you know that my wife and I were there today. We went in and went straight to the Spyders (about 1:30). We looked at, sat on, walked around the 2 black RT Spyders (one basic and one Limited) and the flat yellow one and the one with the GIVI bags. NO ONE, and I mean NOT ONE of ANY of your people even acknowledged that we even existed! One man at the desk near the wall was busy playing with his cell phone, another across from him by the pillar was jabbing on the land line, the GM was walking/standing around on his cell phone. Not even an eye contact. I even walked around slowly, looking at each of your useless people, almost asking for one of them to come and say hello. The one playing with his cell was no more than 2 motorcycle lengths from where I was stopped in the aisle, looking right at him. He just looked and kept playing with his cell phone. WE have purchased a 2008 GS SE-5 and then a 2010 RT SM-5 from FBC, but today told us that they were the last thing we are going to buy from you.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

I am sure you feel better venting some of that. I too have had service (lack of service) like you're talking about (not at that dealership). I know what you mean.

Best thing is to give them feedback (to the store manager or owner) and to not buy from them. There are a lot of options out there. They need to know who the customer is and that the customer pays their wages........too bad for this dealership that it is run so badly.

I bought two Spyder RT Limiteds (over a period of a year) from the same dealership due to the personal attention I received. Even the sales person, personally delivered my bike in an enclosed trailer for me to my home -- now that's the type of service that provides repeat customers....

Good luck with your future purchases -- pick a good dealership and be satisfied with your purchase.....life's too short for this type of BS from a dealership - time to move on to someone who earns your business.....
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

It was good of you to let them know, Dudley. Hopefully they will learn from your message...although many never do. That kind of indifference almost kept Nancy from becoming a Spyder Owner. We went to a store on the other side of the state to check out a demo model prior to the deliveries of the initial PE GS. Looked over the Spyder for at least ten minutes while a salesman and the sales manager just sat there. We had some questions, so we asked the sales manager. Without saying a word, he walked over to the Spyder, opened the trunk, and handed us the operators manual. Then he went back and sat down. He never uttered a word...even when thanked (for nothing). Nancy developed a gigantic headache, and just wanted to forget it. After lunch I talked her into visiting another dealership. Night and day difference! The sales manager showed her all the features, encouraged her to sit on it a while, and talked to her instead of me. It was what it took for her to bcome a Spyder owner. I'm not sure how these arrogant dealerships survive...but that first one we visited didn't last much longer.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had the same experience and I am always quick to let people know what I think of that particular dealership. That kind of treatment isn't specific just to Spyders, I've also walked out of many a car dealership for the same reason.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default If I were to bet

I would bet Fun Bike Center's "salesmen" are on a salary and no commission. They have no more, no less, whether they make a sale or not. Too many owners think they save money by not paying any commissions.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Spyder Garage

Arrow

Salesman?

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default Tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSpyder2012 View Post
    I am sure you feel better venting some of that. I too have had service (lack of service) like you're talking about (not at that dealership). I know what you mean.

Best thing is to give them feedback (to the store manager or owner) and to not buy from them. There are a lot of options out there. They need to know who the customer is and that the customer pays their wages........too bad for this dealership that it is run so badly.

I bought two Spyder RT Limiteds (over a period of a year) from the same dealership due to the personal attention I received. Even the sales person, personally delivered my bike in an enclosed trailer for me to my home -- now that's the type of service that provides repeat customers....

Good luck with your future purchases -- pick a good dealership and be satisfied with your purchase.....life's too short for this type of BS from a dealership - time to move on to someone who earns your business.....
    Please tell me the good one as I am in the market,

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yeah...I've been in the concrete business for around 24 years....so at the end of the day I'm looking a little ruff around the edges......went to the honda dealer after work....changed my muddy boots for shoes.... rolled up my muddy pant legs....being that it was winter.....peeled a layer of my dirty shirt off and proceeded to look at 4 wheelers.....they never gave me the time of day....I already did my research on the internet...well 25 minutes of sitting on ....moving them around....jumping up and down on them to get a feel of them I found the one I wanted.....it wasn't until I started it up and started going for the door with it.......that's when I got there attention.......they stopped me....asked what I was doing.....I told them if they wanted to sell it then get someone out here to load it up....they were dummfounded.....got offand left....about a week later same deal after work... this time they remembered me ...I got the best service good price and a new quad in the back of my truck in around an 1 hour......lesson??? Don't judge a book by its cover...............

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

O yeah..........I had fun doing it.......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Just want to let you know that my wife and I were there today. We went in and went straight to the Spyders (about 1:30). We looked at, sat on, walked around the 2 black RT Spyders (one basic and one Limited) and the flat yellow one and the one with the GIVI bags. NO ONE, and I mean NOT ONE of ANY of your people even acknowledged that we even existed! One man at the desk near the wall was busy playing with his cell phone, another across from him by the pillar was jabbing on the land line, the GM was walking/standing around on his cell phone. Not even an eye contact. I even walked around slowly, looking at each of your useless people, almost asking for one of them to come and say hello. The one playing with his cell was no more than 2 motorcycle lengths from where I was stopped in the aisle, looking right at him. He just looked and kept playing with his cell phone. WE have purchased a 2008 GS SE-5 and then a 2010 RT SM-5 from FBC, but today told us that they were the last thing we are going to buy from you.
    Isn't that normal for California?
    2012 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

find another one. I traveled to MO to finally get some service.....Its almost like they don't want to sell spyders. (some of them)
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The moral to this story: "You snooze; you lose!"
    I'd call the GM, and let him know what their complacency cost them...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    Isn't that normal for California?
    It's normal for most dealerships I've been in. I've told the same exact story many times. I really don't know how they survive if they don't talk to their customers and make them feel important. We have three dealers here in East TN that I visit from time to time and one of them is huge but I can go in there and walk around even with a group of people and stay there 20 min. and walk right back out without one sales person asking me if I needed any help.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Me too

So one Friday afternoon I strolled into my very local dealer. I spent 20 to 25 minutes looking at everything Spyder. I sat on Spyders, I looked at ryding gear, I looked at trailers, and no one said boo to me, or anything else for that matter. I came back the next day, Saturday with my Girlfriend, and they were all over me. Scheduled a test drive and 8 days later I owned a RT LTD. I think they just expect the looky Lou's on the week days, and they get serious on weekends. With that said after being in sakes for 40 years, I would have fired everyone on the sales team that Friday!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default There are a few salespeople left in this world

Although we love our present vehicle, we hanker for just a bit more luxury and have been looking at the Lexus, Range Rover and Cadillac offerings. I have been in your dealership a couple of times to look over your vehicles but you make it very difficult to buy. Both times I wandered around in your showroom and lot for up to twenty minutes and no one offered to assist or even talk with me. As a result we probably will buy from someone who is interested in our business. I just wanted let you know that you may have lost a sale.

This is copied from an email I sent to the owner of a local car dealership last month. We bought a new car from another dealer last week and there has still been no acknowledgement of the email I sent to the local dealer.

At the dealership we bought from, the salesperson met us as we drove up in front of the showroom, introduced himself and asked if he could be of assistance. Not pushy, but polite.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Default Self serve..!!

We bought our roadster there. The key in that statement is we bought..not they sold us. We went in to buy one found a salesman told him what we wanted told him what we will pay and closed the deal. Could do the same with a vending machine. But they do have good people there. I do shop there parts/acc guys are good but do my own service work. I believe there spyder tech left some time ago don't know if they got a new one. It is strange because their sales guys will jump you if you go for the type of bike they ride...maybe they need to find a spyder ryder...!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Man I just don't get it ? In todays economy customer service is #1 and sells product. In general I feel customer service sucks all over ! I know not to paint all with the same paint brush and there still is a lot of sales people that go the extra mile .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Same issue with the dealership we bought both of our Spyders from. Now if you went in there to buy a 4 wheeler, jet ski or boat, they're all over you. Spyders and Victorys, forget it. Oh, same for service and parts, blank stares and ignorance.

The auto dealership we use is completely opposite. Their sales people are salaried yet they still give great service. You're immediately greeted as soon as you walk in. When you buy a vehicle from them it doesn't leave the lot until they go through every detail of operation. Their service department is the same, great service.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

It never ends... but sometimes if you cry loud, you get heard!

It's funny... my first dealer (and closest to me) had the same attitude. Especially when I was ready to look closer to an RT back in 2010. The first dealer would not give me a time of day, so I found another, smaller dealer that had a RT and I was bitten. The salesperson (the owner also) did a good deal on my Silver RT, but when I took it to service, I had to wait at least a week on each visit and the tech turnaround was horrible. Their "Service Manager" eventually went to Spyder Tech School, but still was a sloppy worker who thought no less of the Spyder.

When I was ready to pull the trigger on a 2013, I went to my dealer for a simple belt job. The owner didn't want to trade, instead he started suggesting me how to handle my finances and put my gray Spyder on consignment. After what they did to my belt (from a simple adjustment, it ended up being 3/4 out of the sprocket), I never went back.

Went back to the first dealer (note: I sent BRP via their website comments about their attitudes... I guess they listened... as well as getting a good Spyder bubby and their customer to give me a vote of confidence), and not only did they serviced my Spyder correctly and on time, but they bought it at a decent price and traded up to a 2013 at a good deal at the time.

So in conclusion, if you are not happy with their treatment, let them and others know loudly! Some business have a saying: "If we are good, tell others. If we are bad, tell us!" I would add "tell others too" on that sentence!
    Last edited by bullant12; 02-13-2014 at 08:13 AM.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

EXACTLY the same story I had with Redondo Beach Motor Sports.
    I was in there for an hour with sales men and managers all just standing around. Not one of them came up to me.
    Finally I had to grab one to ask pricing etc and they guy did not know anything and just quoted me sticker price.
    I poked a little about how negotiable that was and he said "it was none".

So I walked out and looked elsewhere.

Later after buying a spyder I went in there to ask about my 600 mile service. It took 30 minutes before I could get the service manager to talk to me! Then he quoted me a ridiculous price of $600! All he did was punch in the computer and gave me that. I asked why so high etc and what do they do for that kind of price? He could not tell me exactly what they do on a 600 mile service!

I have not been back and probably wont ever.... I took my Spyder to another dealer for the 600 mile service and was very happy with them. A service manager that knew what he was talking about! That was Bert's Mega Mall.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default A message to Fun Bike Center sent on their FB site

You are not alone, some dealers want you to ask them for help before they ask you, before I purchase my bike I visit the Motorcycle Mall I walk around with the wife and the kids and nothing, so I drove almost 2 hours to another dealer and I purchase the bike, 3 weeks later took a ride to the 1st dealership to show the the 2013 ST-S, I told the same sales guy that ignore me here is the commission you lost and walk away but I found the manager and told him what happen.

Spyder Garage

Mine was not a Spyder, but a new Honda 1980 CB 750. Went, they had a CB sitting on the floor, guy reading a paper. I went over and asked him the price. He kind of looked up said, a mount. I left. Went to another dealer later in the day. CB on floor. I asked saleman the price ? He say, May I ask if you know what this CB ? It has a lot of power. I said, I was aware, knew about the CB and I wanted to get one. He quoted a price (About $200.00 cheaper/big deal in those days). I said, Okay. He asked how I wanted to pay and I pulled out my wallet and paid cash. Then I rode back to first dealer and let him him see what I bought. He was very unhappy as I said, your loss, my gain.
    Never went bye again, so do not know what happened to them.
    Oldmanzues
    Last edited by Oldmanzues; 02-12-2014 at 08:27 PM.
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Not much I can add. Sad to see how many dealers lose out on business due to poor customer service. Last summer, we encountered a nice couple driving a Victory. They looked over our 's and asked a lot of questions about them. Seems the missus was wanting to have a of her own to ride. We answered all their questions.

Late in August, we were headed to the dealer to get a pair of gloves. We noticed the couple above, making a turn off the highway to also head into the dealership. They went in and were instantly greeted by a salesperson. They wanted to see 's. They were told "we don't carry Spyders any more--you will have to go to our other store to see Spyders. (About 25 miles down the road). No additional interaction. The couple left in a huff. Guess that the company lost out on another sale.

Unbeknowanced to us, our usual dealer is now just in the business of servicing Spyders and not making an effort to sell. IMO--a large mistake--but time will tell. These are also the same people that failed to order me the 2014 RTS in Yellow that I wanted to buy. Most of you know where that went. If you want a compass direction--try South.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Losers & Winners

It's all in how they treat the customer, before, during and after the sale plain and simple. If a dealer doesn't get it right he'll lose business and believe me I've had good and bad ones. Word of mouth travels fast.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

"There are salesman, and then there are men in sales"

-chuck