Spyder Garage

Default Spyders Draw the Most Interest!

I just got home from attending the Progressive Motorcycle Show in Chicagoland. Every bike brand was well represented and The Harleys and Indians were way cool and drew a crowd as you would expect. The Can Am booth had the most interest as far as people hanging around and sitting on bikes. I heard continuous comments like, "I really want one of these!" It seems like a fair sampling of motorcycle enthusiasts are really impressed by our three wheeled ground pounders.
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I noticed the same effect, on the crowd in NYC...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default i find

i find my bike gets a lot of attention and i let kids with parents sit on it but none of my other biker friends like it.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i find my bike gets a lot of attention and i let kids with parents sit on it but none of my other biker friends like it.
    I get the same thing when I am with my . People ask me questions when I am out doing errands. Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwall View Post
    I just got home from attending the Progressive Motorcycle Show in Chicagoland. Every bike brand was well represented and The Harleys and Indians were way cool and drew a crowd as you would expect. The Can Am booth had the most interest as far as people hanging around and sitting on bikes. I heard continuous comments like, "I really want one of these!" It seems like a fair sampling of motorcycle enthusiasts are really impressed by our three wheeled ground pounders.
    can you blame them???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dee,
    They're for any excuse that they can find; to start a conversation with you...

Spyder Garage

Default Gotta say..!!

They are unique...and as much as they try to copy or create no one has matched them...!!
    Last edited by Chupaca; 02-11-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default cycle show --

I was also at the chicago show -- but I was there cuz I had to buy my wife a 2014 RS SM5 -- now that she got her license she want to take my 2012 RT-S SM5 all the time -- and I AINT riding on the back !!

Spyder Garage

The RS SM5 is a lot like a two wheeler in terms of operation. I love mine and have major PMS............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................Parked Motorcycle Syndrome
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    ...but none of my other biker friends like it.
    Jealousy, it's an ugly thing my friend.

- Michael

Spyder Garage

Went to the bike show last year and neither Spyder dealer was represented. Prior years, there was at least one dealer there. And they wonder why sales are slow here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) BigLegMac's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default motorcyle show chicago

Hi Rockwall. I was at the bike show sunday wearing pink and pink thigh high boots hanging out at the spyder booth improving my deal. Made a great deal and just gotta wait for bike to come in. You are right, there were a lot of people at the can am booth. I talked to a few guys there trying to help sell the 14s. People are very curious about the bikes.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We've only had ours for a week and it's been cold/snowy so riding time has been really limited, but Friday I ran it out to do some errands- a Sam's Club grocery run. I had 3 people come up and talk to me about it while I was loading up the storage with my purchases. I get a some questions once in a while on my Concours, mostly stuff like "how fast does it go", but this was a totally new experience. All women too!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFang View Post
    I was also at the chicago show -- but I was there cuz I had to buy my wife a 2014 RS SM5 -- now that she got her license she want to take my 2012 RT-S SM5 all the time -- and I AINT riding on the back !!
    I hear you there! No, I have to say that The phantom gets a lot of attention on the road. Kids love it, especially. I get "ewww, look, Bat Mobile" a lot! Lots of questions at gas stations, too. You tend to get ignored by hard-core riders, though. I don't care. I have no time for closed-mindedness or ignorance. I have a bike, too. So what? If yer in the wind, yer OK with me! Doesn't matter to me what you ride.
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Dee,
    They're for any excuse that they can find; to start a conversation with you...
    Bob: Yea, I know what you mean. They draw attention to the driver/ and passenger. Deanna777
    Last edited by Deanna777; 02-10-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dee,
    I got to hear mine run!!
    It's getting closer and closer!!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Bob Denman;757878]Dee,
    I got to hear mine run!! It is getting closer closer] Bob: How close is it getting?

Nice to see that it is getting closer. Finally the l o n g wait is over. Deanna777

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default PMS I like that one

The RS SM5 is a lot like a two wheeler in terms of operation. I love mine and have major PMS............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................Parked Motorcycle Syndrome

I like your posting, "parked motorcycle syndrome." Lately I have been a prime candidate for it. Yesterday and today were beautiful days for not having "PMS."'

Spyder Garage

Hi Rockwall,
    I was @ Chicago show too. Great show as always & helps me with the winter no riding blues.

I noticed you are a member of Northern Illinois Southern Cruisers Riding Club. I checked out the website & it looked cool. Are you active & recommend giving the club a try?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]