Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by schnauzermom View Post
    So is the wrap clear so the color of the Spyder comes through or is the entire wrap already colored?
    The entire wrap is printed with the graphics so everything is covered except the edges and seems. The hood (frunk) is a 4 piece set and the rear trunk is 5 pieces if this was one piece it would be very hard to install. The best way to install is to wet the surface and the back of the decal then apply and work the water out from under them to make them stick. This works good so you can get them into perfect alignment before they are stuck. Took me about 2 1/2 hours to do both pieces.
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

I'd like to have a "clear" do-it-yourself wrap, don't trust these Clear Bra guys using razor blades around the paint.

Spyder Garage

You can buy that stuff in large sheets and cut it your self. I bought a set of 4 sheets (10x24) for my Goldwing. Look in the dirt bike area.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    I'd like to have a "clear" do-it-yourself wrap, don't trust these Clear Bra guys using razor blades around the paint.
    Professionals now use Knifeless Tape.

Spyder Garage

Pretty cool, haven't seen that yet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
    Professionals now use Knifeless Tape.

Not made for paint protectant ….. last credit in the video

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wow, that looks really, really nice! Maybe I'll have my Spyder wrapped. But I sure wouldn't do it myself. I can't even put a screen guard on a cell phone without wrinkles. Anybody know of anybody in Phoenix area that can install these wraps nicely?

Spyder Garage

spyder%204sale%20013.jpgspyder%204sale%20003.jpgLooking forward to seeing it all together. I purchased a wrap for mine and loved it. Here's a pic.

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by COOLMACHINE View Post
    spyder%204sale%20013.jpgspyder%204sale%20003.jpgLooking forward to seeing it all together. I purchased a wrap for mine and loved it. Here's a pic.

Nice

Did you do it yourself?

Spyder Garage

Default yes

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Nice

Did you do it yourself?
    Yes I did. Took me about 6 hours and was quite pleased with it.

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Looks great! I think that the yellow color is the hardest color to put something on to make it look better or there just seems to be less choices for yellow.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

Yes I did. Took me about 6 hours and was quite pleased with it.

Nice

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Good Choice, 3 Wheel!

So after seeing 3 Wheel Addict's graphics, I had to have the same thing on mine. I didn't want a full wrap, just the hood and trunk, but after seeing the finished product, I kind of wish I bought a full set, as I liked it so much. It wasn't a "perfect" color match for the Quantum Blue Spyder, but close enough. Luckily I went with the version that had more black smoke around the borders of it, so this way the lighter blue's on the graphic don't stand out as much. If I had purchased a full wrap, I think it would have blended much better. But overall, still happy with it and would recommend it. The graphics were only $130. I purchased them from http://www.graphickitsdepot.com/

3-10-2014 8-05-49 PM.jpg2014-03-10 14.22.03.jpg2014-03-10 14.23.18.jpg

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZLife View Post
    So after seeing 3 Wheel Addict's graphics, I had to have the same thing on mine. I didn't want a full wrap, just the hood and trunk, but after seeing the finished product, I kind of wish I bought a full set, as I liked it so much. It wasn't a "perfect" color match for the Quantum Blue Spyder, but close enough. Luckily I went with the version that had more black smoke around the borders of it, so this way the lighter blue's on the graphic don't stand out as much. If I had purchased a full wrap, I think it would have blended much better. But overall, still happy with it and would recommend it. The graphics were only $130. I purchased them from http://www.graphickitsdepot.com/

I don't see that one on their website. Only 5 designs come up searching for Spyder.

Does anyone make one that fits the glove box? Are they very resistant to scuffing? I'm thinking I'd like to put something on my glove box lid to protect it from my boots when I get on and off.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    I don't see that one on their website. Only 5 designs come up searching for Spyder.

Does anyone make one that fits the glove box? Are they very resistant to scuffing? I'm thinking I'd like to put something on my glove box lid to protect it from my boots when I get on and off.
    I haven't seen any that fit the glove box. I was told that the kits are 21-23mil thick industrial grade triple-layer 3M adhesive. They are covered with a thick layer of scratch-proof crystal clear vinyl over laminate.

Here's a link...lots of colors and designs for Spyder. You can ask for custom versions that have more black and smoke around the edges.
    http://www.graphickitsdepot.com/cata...s-kit-301.html

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here's a link...lots of colors and designs for Spyder. You can ask for custom versions that have more black and smoke around the edges.
    http://www.graphickitsdepot.com/cata...s-kit-301.html
    Thanks.

Those guys have got one screwed up website. There is no way to get to that page from the Home page that I could find. Every link that says Can An Spyder ends up on a page with only five choices.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks.

Those guys have got one screwed up website. There is no way to get to that page from the Home page that I could find. Every link that says Can An Spyder ends up on a page with only five choices.
    I dealt with them directly via email and they got me exactly what I was looking for. I just clicked the the "Contact Us" link and sent them an email. I received a reply fairly quickly. Good Luck. It's a great graphic.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks.

I understand what you are saying now. Each one of those 5 choices are for a different type of kit (# of peices & Spyder Model). When you click on one of the kits you will see a dropdown list for Design color and background color. And if you scroll down the page, you will see a ton of different designs. My design in the pics was Cold Fusion. There is even a coupon code at the top for 10% off. I just got mine installed today (paid a local place $100 for professional installation, but after seeing it installed, I kind of think I could have done it myself. The installer told me all the separate pre-cut pieces make it a lot easier than one large wrap. Maybe 3 Wheel Addict (the original poster of this thread) can jump back in and tell us what he thinks of his since he's had them for a while now. I'd be curious myself.

Spyder Garage

Damn dude that looks better than mine!!
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

I bought a set for my Mag silver

2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Thanks!
    It makes it easier, for me to get myself into trouble...

Bob:

Since when did you need help getting in trouble??

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

(Or; is that your bike?)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Bob:
    Since when did you need help getting in trouble??
    Sometimes it's good to have someone along, to take the blame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

(Or; is that your bike?)
    It is in the mail that is a stock pic as soon as it is done I will comply with the post a pic rule
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Waiting patiently...