Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Up??

Spyder Garage

12 Grand difference for same equipment RTS SE transmissions, 1300 mile 2013 and "new" 2014 -- you got to be kidding! That was today's deal. The 2014 has a noisy engine and whizzing exhaust, my 2013 sounds great. as is. I like the advice to wait to the end of the year and look into it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Bad Financial decision (unless you have NO $$$ Concerns) It would take you the rest of you life to recoup Any Savings in fuel if you figure it out?
    Best Financial Decision is to reevaluate in Oct when there may be a End of year rebate and any vehicles left will be at least $1,000 to 1,500 less and figure a rebate of 2,000 and you may save $3,000-3,500!
    You may also Find Out Many problems have occurred between now and then?
    its not so much about fuel savings, it about torque. Coming from a GL1800, it took a while to get used to changing gears at higher RPM. I love touring on my 2012, I can just imagine how smoother and more relaxed the 14's are. I'm a huge over the top fan of the lava color and that's hard to give up. If they had a 14 in Lava I would probably be trading this spring. White or black current would be my next choice.

Harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hollylmh View Post
    12 Grand difference for same equipment RTS SE transmissions, 1300 mile 2013 and "new" 2014 -- you got to be kidding! That was today's deal. The 2014 has a noisy engine and whizzing exhaust, my 2013 sounds great. as is. I like the advice to wait to the end of the year and look into it.
    Very Smart! Ask Yourself?
    1- Do you Really need 6 Gears?
    2- Do you need a Bigger engine that really does Not accelerate any Faster That you would really Notice?
    3- Do you need to Re- Mortgage the house to do It?

Your Honor "I Rest My Case!"

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Very Smart! Ask Yourself?
    1- Do you Really need 6 Gears? No, but i wanted them
    2- Do you need a Bigger engine that really does Not accelerate any Faster That you would really Notice?
    No, but i wanted it
    3- Do you need to Re- Mortgage the house to do It? If i had to make payments on it, i probably would not be able to enjoy it as much.

Your Honor "I Rest My Case!"
    My Money, my Choice, is it smart?? for me it was, because i can enjoy it.
    Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sarge,
    Please don't think that I'm trying to pick on you.
    But you seem to have gone out of your way to point out what YOU think are negative attributes of the new bike...

I don't know this for a fact; but most folks wouldn't consider buying a bike, if a mortgage on the house was involved...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Sarge,
    Please don't think that I'm trying to pick on you.
    But you seem to have gone out of your way to point out what YOU think are negative attributes of the new bike...

I don't know this for a fact; but most folks wouldn't consider buying a bike, if a mortgage on the house was involved...
    Your Not picking on me Nor would I care if you were?

I have an opinion many people will agree with, some won,t, and as long as BRP is Not sending me a check every month, I will speak my mind!

You have the same freedom.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You absolutely have the right to speak...
    The "tone" of your post was just a bit... unsettling.

Have you actually ridden a 1330 yet?
    If not; i'd have to wonder where you are getting your "information"...

Spyder Garage

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Wants

Everyone has a want and if this is your want and you think it is a good choice than go for it. For me, I will hang on to my 2010 SM5 because there is nothing wrong with it and my wants are not in the new bike range. Good luck with your decision. After all, it is your decision to make.

Spyder Garage

This is one of those discussions where both sides are mostly correct. 2 factors are used in this type of purchase or upgrade..Logic and Emotion. On initially purchasing a Spyder, IMO, it's mostly emotion. That kind of scratch can be used in quite a few ways (2, 3 or 4 wheels) which will get us from point A to point B more quickly and efficiently with adequate power. On considering a trade, for many, the logic side takes over as we try to compare current ride to new. It becomes harder to justify an average 10K upgrade solely for the differences from one model year to another. If we really want to do the trade and the logic just isn't there for it, we can either rationalize the logic to a different conclusion or just make another emotional purchase.
    Sometimes the logic can be different than basic model year differences. Life is short, I've got the bucks, I thoroughly enjoy the Spyder, life is about enjoying ourselves, etc. are all valid logical points.
    The point of all of this is:
    Do what makes you feel good, trying to logically justify everything is a pain in the butt.
    If we had applied logic to everything we did from a value perspective, we'd probably never get married or have kids BUT how do you quantify fulfillment and enjoyment?
    2012 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

You absolutely have the right to speak...
    Yes I do, Thank You for the verification?
    The "tone" of your post was just a bit... unsettling.
    I was responding to and agreeing with and helping a fellow member feel right about NOT spending $12,000 to upgrade from a Perfectly Good low mileage 2013 to a Similar model 2014- I don,t think that was UNSETTLING to them?

Have you actually ridden a 1330 yet?
    I,m, not on the witness stand, Sir?
    If not; i'd have to wonder where you are getting your "information"...

You would do well to read the context of the post before going off on your Tangents?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well; you haven't ridden one... That makes you an expert to discuss the engine and transmission...
    And I don't think that I ever questioned your financial arguments; I just said...
    Oh Hell; go read them yourself...

Spyder Garage

This is something you can only decide on your own as did I. My 2011 had a lot of trouble codes so I gave up and traded up. It was not about the money but I new one thing, everyday I waited my trade became worth less. Once the market is flooded with trade-ins they will have no choice but to offer less as the dealer needs to make a profit as well. Now, from a guy that suffered the first major problem with his 14 you would expect a different answer right? lol......

Spyder Garage

Well; you haven't ridden one... That makes you an expert to discuss the engine and transmission...
    And I don't think that I ever questioned your financial arguments; I just said...
    Oh Hell; go read them yourself...

Bob, step away from the experts

Just think Cognac, Cognac, Cognac

Looks like Sarge is in "Sarge Mode" today

Cruzr joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    This is something you can only decide on your own as did I. My 2011 had a lot of trouble codes so I gave up and traded up. It was not about the money but I new one thing, everyday I waited my trade became worth less. Once the market is flooded with trade-ins they will have no choice but to offer less as the dealer needs to make a profit as well. Now, from a guy that suffered the first major problem with his 14 you would expect a different answer right? lol......

I just hope the weather gives you an opportunity to try out that new ryde properly.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Default Depends on your old ride

I was at the dealer today to get a new oil dipstick for my 2013RT-s. I seem to find a way to cross thread anything and ruin it. I was looking at the 2014 and could easily be convinced that I need one . That was until I talked to the salesman. 15k is all my 2000 mile 2013 is worth in trade and no discount off retail on the 2014. I'm lucky and have had none of the horror stories I read about on this forum. In fact ,if I had read the threads here before I bought I may have waited. With tax and prep I would be about 17k more + my 2013. I'll have to wait a couple of years before I will do that, if I ever do. If my 2013 keeps treating me nice I am happy. Just need to carry so extra go juice on the longer rides. Just my 2 cents.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AlEverett View Post
    I was at the dealer today to get a new oil dipstick for my 2013RT-s. I seem to find a way to cross thread anything and ruin it. I was looking at the 2014 and could easily be convinced that I need one . That was until I talked to the salesman. 15k is all my 2000 mile 2013 is worth in trade and no discount off retail on the 2014. I'm lucky and have had none of the horror stories I read about on this forum. In fact ,if I had read the threads here before I bought I may have waited. With tax and prep I would be about 17k more + my 2013. I'll have to wait a couple of years before I will do that, if I ever do. If my 2013 keeps treating me nice I am happy. Just need to carry so extra go juice on the longer rides. Just my 2 cents.

Makes good sense to me.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Just think Cognac, Cognac, Cognac
    Courvoisier line-Up.jpg

I feel much better now...

Spyder Garage

Courvoisier line-Up.jpg

I feel much better now...

Dang it, you look better too, only problem is which one to choose, don't choose, try them all.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That WAS the plan...
    Until I found out what the "XO Imperial" might cost...

Spyder Garage

When I bought my RTS, I waited until a really good one became available from a member - then shipped it across the US. Even with that, it saved me over $5,000 off the NEW prices - the bike only had 800 miles on it, when I bought it, and never let me down on the road.

If I ever consider a Spyder again, I'll do the same thing. I got to help a member out, and got a great deal to boot. JMHO
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    When I bought my RTS, I waited until a really good one became available from a member - then shipped it across the US. Even with that, it saved me over $5,000 off the NEW prices - the bike only had 800 miles on it, when I bought it, and never let me down on the road.

If I ever consider a Spyder again, I'll do the same thing. I got to help a member out, and got a great deal to boot. JMHO

Great idea.

cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Default trade vs no trade

ahhhhh The Price of Toys that we boys can always invent a way justify. I traded a 2013 Limited 8 months old still under warr and low miles, for a 14 Black RTS se6. Why because I love it so much more!!!! My wife likes me better happy! Long 2 up trips in the planning. Wy wife will be more better happy too!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Spyder View Post
    ahhhhh The Price of Toys that we boys can always invent a way justify. I traded a 2013 Limited 8 months old still under warr and low miles, for a 14 Black RTS se6. Why because I love it so much more!!!! My wife likes me better happy! Long 2 up trips in the planning. Wy wife will be more better happy too!

as they say, The only difference between the men and the boys is the price of their toys.

Cruzr Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"The one who dies with the most toys; Wins!"
    And if you die owing money on them...