Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    VIN # 570 doesn't mean that yours is the 570th made.
    I'm confused, what does it mean?
    Stefan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by garb55 View Post
    It is not a minor inconvenience when the another dealer told me he would not work on it because my vin# doesn't show up on the warranty web site
    The dealer I bought it from will do the work on Monday but he is 250 miles away and it is 15 to 20 degrees out and I will be ridding the bike there
    Also I am calling BRO on Monday to ask them what is up the their warranty program
    What if I was stuck out on the road would they say no and leave me there to freeze
    Not a good way to treat customers
    You can't expect another dealership to be thrilled because you told him that you did not care if he makes money or not. you did go to another place to buy your bike.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPD911 View Post
    that's my worry, haven' t dealt with them, they have a one star rating through yahoo search engine. And they haven't gotten any 14's in yet. I am going to speak to the service manager first and show him the service bulletin.

And to the folks that say I am complaining, well I am. I paid close to 30K for something that SHOULD have already been inspected/checked by the dealer. Feel sorry for the folks that don't check this website and have no clue of any oil leak until its too late!
    They have a one star rating through Yahoo, and you still bought from them.
    I understand being upset, if like me you spent more on this bike than I spent on my car, you want it to be perfect.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When somebody travels 250 miles to buy a bike (To save money?); how much does that action truly cost them?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    When somebody travels 250 miles to buy a bike (To save money?); how much does that action truly cost them?
    Why do you keep promoting dealer loyalty Bob? It sure seems to me most are plain scumbags for BRP. If you buy a car you can go anywhere in the country to get it fixed and odds are they will do it correctly the first time and will not give you crap about where you bought it simply because it does not matter. A dealer is a dealer period and even asking if you bought from them is offensive and something BRP needs to stop. It simply should not matter. Anyone who says it should or can is simply wrong it is BRP's responsibility to police it's dealer network to provide the best service experience available. That is my opinion and I am sticking with it do you hear me BRPCares (Steve). Do you care about us?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dave, we get it that you feel like you have been screwed by brp. You've made that clear over and over again. While I understand your frustration, what you seem to miss is that brp is NOT GM or Ford. They don't work that way. They are much smaller indy shops where likely the shop owner is there everyday. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes it's not. It seems like in the BRP world that a good relationship with your dealer can really benifit.

I've been around and owned brp products for YEARS and I've said it before....BRP let's their dealers run the front end of the business almost entirely. If a dealer makes a call, brp will likely stand behind that call....again, good and bad.
    The single one thing that will piss off your dealer and take you down that dead end street with that dealer is to try and go over their head directly to brp. If a dealer realizes that this is your approach, be prepared to get very little dealer support.

Dave, dont take this the wrong way as its meant with the best intentions.....with all you have been through as well as your product expectations, I honestly think you would be much happier on a Honda, yamaha or the like. Trade your spyder in, take the loss, chalk it up to personal lesson learned. Life is way to short bro'.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Why do you keep promoting dealer loyalty Bob??
    Why?
    Several reasons:
    I would just as soon deal with local business if I can.
    I'm gifted with the mechanical aptitude of a hamster
    Keeping the local guy in business makes perfect sense for me!
    If good dealers don't remain in business; where will you buy your bike?
    I'm pretty lucky; I've got at least four around me (within an hour and fifteen minutes), that do good work!
    So I've been lucky!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why?
    Several reasons:
    I would just as soon deal with local business if I can.
    I'm gifted with the mechanical aptitude of a hamster
    Keeping the local guy in business makes perfect sense for me!
    If good dealers don't remain in business; where will you buy your bike?
    I'm pretty lucky; I've got at least four around me (within an hour and fifteen minutes), that do good work!
    So I've been lucky!
    I agree with the point of supporting local businesses Bob and always try my best to do that. I live in Conway SC 10 miles from Myrtle beach but I always try to use any services from Conway and NOT MB. Keeping your money at home and supporting your neighborhood is something I always do.

Drew no offence taken but you miss my point. As has been mentioned here many time a good dealer can make or break a product. Guess who sells Hondas and all the other bikes around here...you got it my dealer. They are not a hole in the wall and living near rivers and the ocean they sell Ski Do and several other jet skis as sell as BRP and other OEM ATV's and they are the only dealer within 2 hrs. It is not that I dislike my ride but am paranoid that IF and when I need competent service where do I get it? I feel it is the OEM's job to make sure I can get it. Until BRP steps up to the plate and monitors their network better I will remain skeptical . The squeaky wheel gets greased so to speak. When I get an answer from BRP to contact my dealer about an issue and the dealer asks me if I have a carb or fuel injected Spyder what am I supposed to think? BRP is not a specialty OEM as you stated they have been around long enough to get it together and quit referring us to dealers if we have a question. They should be able to answer any question we ask them.
    Last edited by Magdave; 07-07-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dave, I get it. That is more of a dealer issue than a BRP issue and personally I'd run away from that dealer. Unfortunately, it isn't going to matter how much you "squeek".. Haha, it will fall on deaf ears. We are all just very small fish in a very large pond.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP doesn't just hand out franchises...
    It takes a sizeable investment in money, space, and training.
    Could they tighten up the requirements, and institute punitive actions for not complying?
    Of course!
    Could that affect a businessman's decision to sell them?
    Of course!
    They are jugling plates on a tightrope... at night!
    What can they do to improve the delaerships; without scaring them away?

If you have a workable answer; I'm pretty sure that they'd LOVE to hear it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP doesn't just hand out franchises...
    It takes a sizeable investment in money, space, and training.
    Could they tighten up the requirements, and institute punitive actions for not complying?
    Of course!
    Could that affect a businessman's decision to sell them?
    Of course!
    They are jugling plates on a tightrope... at night!
    What can they do to improve the delaerships; without scaring them away?

If you have a workable answer; I'm pretty sure that they'd LOVE to hear it!
    Yes I have a workable answer Bob just like at Spyder fest or OE they have at least 1 BRP trained (and paid by BRP not the dealer) tech at each dealership that sells their products. He can give real time feedback to headquarters and accurate answers to customers. Obviously this may cost them money but they may be able to rotate them around 1 week at a time. For example we have 5 dealers in SC assign at least 2 regional techs that spend at least 1 week a month at each one of them. I am sure the dealers are up for free tech work. The dealers could advertise what weeks they will be in town. It is up to BRP to restore confidence not dealers who could care less. Most OEM vehicle builders have regional reps.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Oil leak !!!

And all this Jibber Jabber over the inconvience of a minor oil leak !!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

they have at least 1 BRP trained (and paid by BRP not the dealer) tech at each dealership that sells their products. He can give real time feedback to headquarters and accurate answers to customers. Obviously this may cost them money but they may be able to rotate them around 1 week at a time. For example we have 5 dealers in SC assign at least 2 regional techs that spend at least 1 week a month at each one of them. I am sure the dealers are up for free tech work. The dealers could advertise what weeks they will be in town. It is up to BRP to restore confidence not dealers who could care less. Most OEM vehicle builders have regional reps.
    And that'll cost HOW much? Are they covered by the dealership's Worker's comp coverage; or BRP's? (Which is from Canada...)
    I LIKE the idea of roving experts; but it needs to have some more questions figured out, before answers can start piling up...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS COULD HAVE SOME INFLUENCE

Why do you keep promoting dealer loyalty Bob? It sure seems to me most are plain scumbags for BRP. If you buy a car you can go anywhere in the country to get it fixed and odds are they will do it correctly the first time and will not give you crap about where you bought it simply because it does not matter. A dealer is a dealer period and even asking if you bought from them is offensive and something BRP needs to stop. It simply should not matter. Anyone who says it should or can is simply wrong it is BRP's responsibility to police it's dealer network to provide the best service experience available. That is my opinion and I am sticking with it do you hear me BRPCares (Steve). Do you care about us?
    ....Dave , I'm with you on this one ......Here is a short answer, Dealers may not be Happy if you don't buy from them because ............"THEY MAKE APPROX.$ 4000 TO $ 6000 + IN EACH NEW SPYDER " they sell..................MSRP, is a joke .....Mikeguyver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What's wrong with the dealer making money on the sale?
    They're the ones who've invested their money in the risky powersports market...

Spyder Garage

No leak on my 14 RTL, 2500 miles, and I check daily for oil spots. Last week while checking for any drips, I noticed oil under my wife's almost new Ford Explorer. Two quarts to top off for trip to the dealer and half day in the shop. Tech found that the filter and oil plug had not been properly tightened in the factory. Charged for oil change. I said the serenity prayer and moved on to more important things. Group club ride to dinner. Relax and enjoy my friends.

jerry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Same deal here: 2,500 miles, and the garage floor is plenty good and clean... just as I figured ti would be!

Spyder Garage

Default absolutely nothing wrong

What's wrong with the dealer making money on the sale?
    They're the ones who've invested their money in the risky powersports market...
    A nd I never ever ever said there was anything wrong with a dealer making a profit ..........I don't know why you read into the the things that arn't said Bob.........Mikeguyver

Spyder Garage

Default LEAKS

ALL THESE REPORTS OF LEAKS.......

AM I ON A HARLEY DAVIDSON WEBSITE FROM 30 YEARS AGO.......?????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....Dave , I'm with you on this one ......Here is a short answer, Dealers may not be Happy if you don't buy from them because ............"THEY MAKE APPROX.$ 4000 TO $ 6000 + IN EACH NEW SPYDER " they sell..................MSRP, is a joke .....Mikeguyver
    How would you have read your very own CAPITALIZED statement?

Spyder Garage

Smile

[QUOTE=SPYD3R;842207]ALL THESE REPORTS OF LEAKS.......

[/QUOTE]

Only a hand-full got past the dealerships early on. If there's been any recent ones most likely it was the dealer who failed to make the very minor repair before it was sold. Mine was "fixed" even tho it never leaked a drop.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Default capitalized ?????????

How would you have read your very own CAPITALIZED statement?
    ........Bob do you know the difference between CAPITALIZATION and large print ? ? ? ........Mikeguyver And what does the print size have to do with the content of what was being said ? ? ?..........Apples to Oranges , ! ! !
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-16-2014 at 06:47 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

THEY MAKE APPROX.$ 4000 TO $ 6000 + IN EACH NEW SPYDER

When I was in School; these letters would have been considered as "Capitalized"...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The initial statement that caught my attention

A nd I never ever ever said there was anything wrong with a dealer making a profit ..........I don't know why you read into the the things that arn't said Bob.........Mikeguyver
    An apparent contradictory statement...

........Bob do you know the difference between CAPITALIZATION and large print ? ? ? ........Mikeguyver And what does the print size have to do with the content of what was being said ? ? ?..........Apples to Oranges , ! ! !
    Do you re-read any of your prior posts?

And I do believe that when your statements are viewed in their entirety; your intent as regards their meaning becomes perfectly clear...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike,
    Unlike you; I just can't grab a hunk of wood and an old beer can tab, and whittle out a transaxle for a Cobra...
    But I DO know words; you're in MY ballpark now!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Time for some Ice Cream will Bruster's do?