Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flospyrida View Post
    So I went to the Nearest Dealer today ready to purchase my New 2014 RT
    Looking around the showroom only seen 6 New 2013's so as I was looking at them
    the Salesman walks up and asks what brings me in today. I told him I was looking to
    purchase a New 2014 RT. He replied We have 6 New in Crates out back, but we're not
    going to put any on floor till we sell all the 2013's. I asked to speak with the Manager
    or owner. He said they wasn't in. He said he would be glad to sell me a 2013 how
    would you be paying for it .....LOL. I said cash if need be. But for 2014 model I been waiting
    for a year to purchase a 2014 model. He insisted that he wouldn't sell me a 2014
    i found that to be strange and crazy. So I will travel more than hour away to see if
    i could buy one. They had 6 2013's on the floor and 3 in crates. With this kind of
    attitude no wonder they still have so many 2013's still.
    just wondering is this normal for dealers to do?
    I'm not surprised that they have a lot of 13's left. They don't discount
    near as much as other Dealers, such as Louis in Greenville or Cowtown in Ft Worth.
    They lost a sale here back in Aug. The Dfw Craigslist is where they are listing discounts.
    Last edited by Omcge; 01-29-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Arrow

This is Completely Nuts. But, BRP gives them plenty of leeway. After all, how many times have we heard BRP say dealers 'franchisees' operate independently from them. Does BRP care? They have their money.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default hate to say it

but i think this is being a lady thing. i have seen it happen b4, if you have a male friend send him in to see if he can buy a 14 and if they are willing to sell him one than you have grounds for a really great sex discrimination case you might be able to get the 14 for free if you tell them your going to sue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

ok i just got off the phone with them 972-231-4833,and talked to bryn,and he said they have 3 rt 2014s one rt ltd,two rts one white that is put together,and one black that is still in the crate but could have it ready to go in about 4hrs,he said come and get it right now. since i didnt say there name richardson power sports,richardson texas

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default even more

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    ok i just got off the phone with them 972-231-4833,and talked to bryn,and he said they have 3 rt 2014s one rt ltd,two rts one white that is put together,and one black that is still in the crate but could have it ready to go in about 4hrs,he said come and get it right now. since i didnt say there name richardson power sports,richardson texas
    even more of a reason to file a sex discrimination law suit against them

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

The biggest thing here is the 14's cost more then the 13's you would think they would jump at the chance to sell them!! Yes there is a lot of us that want a 14 but not everyone can afford one and would look at the 13 instead! they really need to look at the bottom line!

I will also say if you put it out there what happened they would be steppin and fetchin to get you back into that dealership to get the mark off them!! Ask me how I know that....

Spyder Garage

Default If I were You the only way I'd do business with them

is if they gave me one and Louis Powersports will give you a better deal anyway.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Unless you are a female

Quote Originally Posted by 2Paw View Post
    in Greenville is the place you want to go. Good people and good service dept.
    My daughter visited this dealer --- was ignored for the most part. Now that she has her 2011 Spyder they have her attention. They lost a sale because of attitude towards a Lady, but service dept. now likes her. Go figure.

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

PM Sent. There may have been a misunderstanding. We have 14's in stock but right now need to keep the remaining 13's on the floor. We have a demo RT that you can test ride. I gave you my contact number. Call me and I will make this right.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    Surely you don't think the salesman set the policy to keep the 14's in a box until the 13's are sold.
    IMO: just giving the place the benefit of the doubt. I would guess the commission is better on the 2013's. Stranger things have happened.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default oh look

look at what bad press does, first post from them and they want to make things right. still wouldn't deal with them and would still report them for some sort of sex discrimination

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle@RMS View Post
    PM Sent. There may have been a misunderstanding. We have 14's in stock but right now need to keep the remaining 13's on the floor. We have a demo RT that you can test ride. I gave you my contact number. Call me and I will make this right.
    Thank you for being brave and posting about trying to fix the incident.

IMO: what riled most of us up was the fact that, per the OP, the salesperson refused to sell any 14's until the 13's were sold. Take a 13 or nothing, was the impression we received.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don in E Texas View Post
    My daughter visited this dealer --- was ignored for the most part. Now that she has her 2011 Spyder they have her attention. They lost a sale because of attitude towards a Lady, but service dept. now likes her. Go figure.

Don
    this is something that really upsets me when I first went out to get my first motorcycle I went to two different dealerships and left both of them because they would not even look at me one even asked me where my husband was... told him on the way out the door he was still in Oregon and he was staying there! I took myself to the harley dealership and I had two sales men come at me! I was told Harley knows they will sell a motorcycle faster if the wife/GF is there to say yes.... The thing is I have a score of over 800 and I can pay for anything I really want to have if I want it.. just because I don't look like I won the powerball does not mean I don't have the money to spend on something I want.

More places need to look at women in a different light then they do..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The folks there at Richardson Motorsports will sell 14's RT's even though they have a few 13 RT's left. There had to of been a misunderstanding of some sort. No gender or racial bias there. Give Bryan or Kyle a chance where they will work you up a fair deal on either the 13 or 14 models.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well; the dealership has stepped forward, and offered up a solution...
    Tha's a good start, to patching things up!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default nice guy

bob your too much of a nice guy to live in new york, i wouldn't deal with them even if i needed a light bulb

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle@RMS View Post
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Can't say how many times I've been blown off. Sheesh, some guys never learn...

Think you squeaked just right.

Now the price you ride out with the '14 is a whole new thumb wrestle. Hang in there Sister!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flospyrida View Post
    So I went to the Nearest Dealer today ready to purchase my New 2014 RT
    Looking around the showroom only seen 6 New 2013's so as I was looking at them
    the Salesman walks up and asks what brings me in today. I told him I was looking to
    purchase a New 2014 RT. He replied We have 6 New in Crates out back, but we're not
    going to put any on floor till we sell all the 2013's. I asked to speak with the Manager
    or owner. He said they wasn't in. He said he would be glad to sell me a 2013 how
    would you be paying for it .....LOL. I said cash if need be. But for 2014 model I been waiting
    for a year to purchase a 2014 model. He insisted that he wouldn't sell me a 2014
    i found that to be strange and crazy. So I will travel more than hour away to see if
    i could buy one. They had 6 2013's on the floor and 3 in crates. With this kind of
    attitude no wonder they still have so many 2013's still.
    just wondering is this normal for dealers to do?
    This is not as uncommon and everybody thinks. I've been coaching and consulting with retailers for more than 35 years. Many, and here is an example on one, start a business because they are enthusiasts NOT because they are business oriented entrepreneurs. Their passion for the product far out strips their business acumen, and hence the situation describe above. Let's not criticize these individuals, just move on knowing they may not be in business next year.
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    bob your too much of a nice guy to live in new york, i wouldn't deal with them even if i needed a light bulb
    A mistake was made and they are trying to make it right. Not sure what else they can do. BRP barely acknowledges a problem on some Spyders and yet we're all still on Spyderlovers.

I'd be willing to bet that if she goes to that dealer she'll get the best service she's ever seen. As someone that deals with sales, service, and customers sometimes things don't go how you won't. A misunderstanding or an employee outright doing something wrong. But you do your best to make it right and fix that customer relationship.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

"Misunderstanding", "We don't discriminate", "Hi Honey". Sorry, this type of individual get a second chance to treat me like a second class citizen.

Spyder Garage

Default Another dealer that shouldn't be in business

I am not sure BRP can do anything since dealers have their own policies.

When I found out that Motor Cafe a dealer in Sunnyvale California will not do any warranty work if I don't purchase any work from the service department (I did purchase from the parts department), I called to BRP about it.

After BRP called twice to this dealer BRP called me back and told me this is their policy and BRP can't force the dealer to change their policy.

We are all doing great job giving good publicity to vendors that are doing good job, we sure should publish those kind of information so customers will be aware and maybe this dealers will change their policies.

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Question

Quote Originally Posted by szohar View Post
    I am not sure BRP can do anything since dealers have their own policies.

When I found out that Motor Cafe a dealer in Sunnyvale California will not do any warranty work if I don't purchase any work from the service department (I did purchase from the parts department), I called to BRP about it.

After BRP called twice to this dealer BRP called me back and told me this is their policy and BRP can't force the dealer to change their policy.

We are all doing great job giving good publicity to vendors that are doing good job, we sure should publish those kind of information so customers will be aware and maybe this dealers will change their policies.
    Are you saying they will not do warranty work unless they are the ones doing the scheduled services?

Spyder Garage

Default Service

They were trying to convince me to purchase items I didn't need or want, when I declined they said they will not fix my RT. BRP wasn't able to convince them to fix my warranty issues, and BRP were told that if I am not going to purchase some services (not regular service) they will not fix my issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Are you saying they will not do warranty work unless they are the ones doing the scheduled services?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is a new wrinkle... And a dealer to make a lot of noise about! Pitch their contact information in here, and let's see if they can be shamed into acting fairly.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default service writer

a service writer at a chevy dealer once told me that buying customers come first and people that bought their cars out of state or at another dealer would get work done but they were last on the list. my dealer also has a hang up that he will not install anything that was not supplied by him, even if he ordered aftermarket like i did.
    now as far as treating a woman different than a man, i have seen this happen b4, i don't deal with the public but i do have a very nasty habit of calling a woman HUN or SWEETIE and i do this not thinking. i do it with the most respect and just out of old age i think. when my mom was in the home my sister would warn me that i would get in trouble calling the nurse hun but the nurses knew i meant no harm and told my sister not to worry about it. when i called FB when she was stuck i called her hun on the phone and i meant no disrespect towards her. i am guilty of this and if i get put in place because of it i say sorry and try to never do it again.
    as far as this dealer goes, i am sure they tried to get over on her and wanted to get rid of their inventory and figured she would either leave or buy a 13. so if i were her i wouldn't go back to them. BUT TO ALL THE LADIES ON THE FORUM, if i ever talk to you and call you HUN,SWEETIE, or DEAR please forgive me because it is just a habit.