Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NEW, LOWER, SEAL FLOORBOARDS PRICES

Check-out my new lower prices on the 2010 -2012 RT SE5 DLX Seal Floorboards. Same quality and service as ever, just a $50. price reduction due to a great buy on Steel. They will also fit the 2013-14 Base model RT that doesn't come with BRP Floorboards.

Ride in comfort,
    John
    sealcreativeconcepts.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Saving; in comfort!"
    What a concept!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

John, I posted this against another thread, but thought it might go better here.

I like your new line of products; clever thinking there. In particular, I like how you leveraged off the tow hitch to create a platform to carry addition "stuff".

What I like about it is that the extra weight is added to the rear unsprung weight - that is, it isn't carried through the rear suspension if I understand your design. Since the weight is carried through the tow hitch and the tow hitch is mounted to the swing arm, then the weight coming from the tote rack goes directly on the tire and not through the rear shock. If you get your rear suspension set up right, the additional weight you carry will not upset it. Very clever, I am guessing you can carry at least the factory tongue load (40 lbs).

Now for a modification request to your design: add a small 90 degree bracket to the front of the tote rack so the owner can add a rotopax like this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/RotopaX-1-GA...cd20fa&vxp=mtr
    I'm sure the change would be modest to the rack, but would allow the rider to safely carry 2 gals of gas (size it for at least that size container). You might have to move the rack back a tad so there is room for the gas container (it stores upright, so it only needs a few inches of depth). The gas can is safely stored out of the way and can be easily retrieved without unpacking. I cannot imagine anyone on this board who wouldn't want an extra 2 gal of fuel. Just stop at a rest stop, and pop in the 2 gal in a a few minutes.

Let me know when you have this option added to the design! Those looking to add a trailer may reconsider. The cost for your product + the gas tote is about 10% of a trailer cost but adds perhaps 60% of the utility of the trailer.

Jerry

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Good idea Jerry,

I'll look into it but probably wouldn't have anything till SpyderFest. Looking for new ways to us my new hitch concept, thanks.

Ride in comfort,
    John
    sealcreativeconcepts.com