Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

OJ UK kind of brought up a point I wonder about. The problems are well documented on 2013 RTs and some what STs but I've seen no mention about the RS. Either there are almost no RSs out there or (it seems to me) there the problems are more related to the style of the spyder and differences in them.

I am a little concerned that making changes in the ECM Software on the spyders that don't have problems may cause problems. So once the change is made, does anyone know if it can be reversed?
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP issues Campaign to address heat issue for 2013 models!!!

Being there done that, I will take by bike to the dealer so they can get this done, if that doesn't fix the heat, then I can call BRP again, but I will give them the benefit of getting this done first....and I hope it works because my ST-S runs very hot..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    OJ UK kind of brought up a point I wonder about. The problems are well documented on 2013 RTs and some what STs but I've seen no mention about the RS. Either there are almost no RSs out there or (it seems to me) there the problems are more related to the style of the spyder and differences in them.

I am a little concerned that making changes in the ECM Software on the spyders that don't have problems may cause problems. So once the change is made, does anyone know if it can be reversed?
    Remember though that the RS and ST are the same machine with the same plastics below the headlights....

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

the ST has a different frame than the RS....things were moved around on the ST but not the RS

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    the ST has a different frame than the RS....things were moved around on the ST but not the RS
    Incorrect. The frame (as well as most of the other parts)is the same on the 2013 RS and 2013 ST. 705203234

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Actually, the frame is the same across all 3 models for 2013

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As for going back to a previous software version, I don't think that's possible.

Spyder Garage

Default just got back

i took a car ride to my dealer b4 and i brought the printed campaign papers from BRP. as of today he had no clue about it. so i asked him to order what he needed ( covers ) for the fuse blocks and as soon as i can get the bike there when the parts come in he will do the job complete and not just the software update.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i need a dictionary to read oj uk posts

Here you go... http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/peachy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    That's what happens when you get a quality education...
    I think it was George Bernard Shaw who said "England and America are two countries separated by a common language."

That being the case I have to think carefully about the words that I use when posting here.

I'm not too sure that I had a good education but I like to think that it was adequate!

Spyder Garage

I didn't see anything unusual about it?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    These are just my observations and my opinion.....they are not carved in stone and may possibly be misguided!
    We are all just putting our thoughts and ideas out there. Your guess is as good as anyone else's unless BRP decides to set us all straight

Spyder Garage

Default my friend

I think it was George Bernard Shaw who said "England and America are two countries separated by a common language."

That being the case I have to think carefully about the words that I use when posting here.

I'm not too sure that I had a good education but I like to think that it was adequate!
    i feel like your a very educated man, and being a man with just a high school education and growing up on the streets of NY i would be the last person to talk about someone else with the way they speak. it was just a joke
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool CuznJohn....

Hey John I wasn't taking a swipe at you! Not one bit of it!
    I have been fortunate enough to enjoy vacations in the 'States many times.
    Once I was accused of being an Australian!! I have a London accent. No, not Cockney...that really doesn't exist anymore,
    but the way I speak is regarded by many to be as common as $#!+. That's their problem! But sometimes over on
    your side of the duck pond people didn't always understand what I was saying....and vice versa, so over the years I seem
    to have learned to copy speech patterns and the last time I did Daytona Bike Week, a guy in a bar who I was
    playing pool with for a couple of hours thought I was a local!! I was quite flattered!
    Next day, the girl behind the bar shouted to me "Hey Geoff, when y'all movin' down here now you're one of us an' all?!"

I don't think that the answer I gave her is suitable for this forum.....I am after all a biker!! I believe the second word was "OFF!!"

Here on the forum, though, it's quite different and more difficult for me, because I'm thinking in British English and having
    to make sure that when I write something it will be OK in American!. I'm sure that the Spanish speakers among you know
    what I mean, when they speak Spanish they think in Spanish and when they speak English they think in English.

All of you guys on this forum are cool and some of you are having some real bad luck with your Rydes just now
    I feel more than a little sympathy for you.

Spyder Garage

Hey John I wasn't taking a swipe at you! Not one bit of it!
    I have been fortunate enough to enjoy vacations in the 'States many times.
    Once I was accused of being an Australian!! I have a London accent. No, not Cockney...that really doesn't exist anymore,
    but the way I speak is regarded by many to be as common as $#!+. That's their problem! But sometimes over on
    your side of the duck pond people didn't always understand what I was saying....and vice versa, so over the years I seem
    to have learned to copy speech patterns and the last time I did Daytona Bike Week, a guy in a bar who I was
    playing pool with for a couple of hours thought I was a local!! I was quite flattered!
    Next day, the girl behind the bar shouted to me "Hey Geoff, when y'all movin' down here now you're one of us an' all?!"

I don't think that the answer I gave her is suitable for this forum.....I am after all a biker!! I believe the second word was "OFF!!"

Here on the forum, though, it's quite different and more difficult for me, because I'm thinking in British English and having
    to make sure that when I write something it will be OK in American!. I'm sure that the Spanish speakers among you know
    what I mean, when they speak Spanish they think in Spanish and when they speak English they think in English.

All of you guys on this forum are cool and some of you are having some real bad luck with your Rydes just now
    I feel more than a little sympathy for you.

If only more of us on this side of the pond spoke and wrote with as much clarity as you.

​Chris

Spyder Garage

I only bark.

People don't understand what I say, but I get treats.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Scared to get the updates

I have a 2013 ST-S I have over 8000 miles on it, have rode it to Florida, circled Lake Erie into Canada back thru New York I get great gas mileage ( around 28 to 32) and have never once had a heat problem even in 95 degree days when in traffic 4 bars. So I am thinking it is best to just ride and enjoy, but I do hope it helps the ones that do have the issues.