Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth FM radio question

Anyone knows a small FM radio that would have built-in bluetooth transmitter that I could pair directly with my Sena SMH10r Intercom and listen to FM radio ?

I'd love to do it with my iPhone, but I want to avoid overloading my data plan.

This is for an other non-spyder setup, and I would like to avoid using an intermediate gizmo like the SENA SM10.

...Ben...

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2 Ideas

1- go to www.senabluetooth.com and ask the tech guys what they know or......
    2- just up your data plan and use you phone, remember you can also plug in a media player

Quote Originally Posted by MtlBen View Post
    Anyone knows a small FM radio that would have built-in bluetooth transmitter that I could pair directly with my Sena SMH10r Intercom and listen to FM radio ?

I'd love to do it with my iPhone, but I want to avoid overloading my data plan.

This is for an other non-spyder setup, and I would like to avoid using an intermediate gizmo like the SENA SM10.

...Ben...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    ...Basically it is a conductive metal box that is grounded.
    That surrounding grounding isolates the internal circuitry of the radio from the Spyder's electrically noisy environment.

I suspect you would need to do something similar with a stand alone radio.
    I was expecting that the antenna would be a challenge, it did not occur to me that the noise from the vehicule itself would be an issue.

I am considering this radio for a motorcycle: I already have a working setup on the Spyder. In any case, it seems that such a bluetooth radio does not exist on the market. Funny, considering all the bluetooth intercoms without FM that are in use these days.

...Ben...