Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My Cognac Limited appears to just be giving the rest of you all a good head-start...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    You haven't raced against a 2014 RT yet.
    Are you sure about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    "RT" and "FAST" don't even belong in the same sentence.........haha

+1

lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    "RT" and "FAST" don't even belong in the same sentence.........haha
    I agree about the "black" though....

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
    But RT and "fast enough" certainly do!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

It's a proven fact that the black color comes from absorbing all colors of light as opposed to white, which reflects all colors of light.
    Thus, any light that shines on the Timeless Black Spyder is absorbed by the bike. Because of the relatively large front surface area, absorbing the light pulls the bike forward adding to it's speed.
    Any other color reflects some, or all light, thus pushing away from the front and slowing the Spyder down.
    This makes the Timeless Black the fastest color of all.
    The only real debate is whether the 2014 is faster than the 2010.
    I suspect the 2010 is faster, but I'm open to the suggestion that the difference may be difficult to measure.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    It's a proven fact that the black color comes from absorbing all colors of light as opposed to white, which reflects all colors of light.
    Thus, any light that shines on the Timeless Black Spyder is absorbed by the bike. Because of the relatively large front surface area, absorbing the light pulls the bike forward adding to it's speed.
    Any other color reflects some, or all light, thus pushing away from the front and slowing the Spyder down.
    I suspect the 2010 is faster, but I'm open to the suggestion that the difference may be difficult to measure.

A gentlemen wise beyond his years.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Rich Otto

Ok Joe. Do not rub it in, I'll see you at Spyderfest , And will see. Rich Otto

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Otto View Post
    Ok Joe. Do not rub it in, I'll see you at Spyderfest , And will see. Rich Otto

A Challenge ............................ OK i am getting my racing slick tire out.

Spyderfest here we come.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default The Hair and the Tortus

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    My Cognac Limited appears to just be giving the rest of you all a good head-start...
    Bob is just letting the Hares get a little head start Guys, you better keep a close look in your rear view mirrors !!

If it Feels Good, Do It !!

Too Much Is Just Enough !
    2011 RS~S Pure Magnesium / Black ~M~

Spyder Garage

Red face Just Plain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Ann, the dates are (sorry i was sworn to secrecy, sound familiar?)

Cruzr Joe

Joe,

That is just wrong....... but I did have a good laugh

Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    A Challenge ............................ OK i am getting my racing slick tire out.

Spyderfest here we come.

Cruzr Joe

Don't forget to fill your Nitrous tank.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

But the Demo units got there first!
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But...
    Wouldn't it ALSO be absorbing all light from the rear as well; negating the forward pull?

Spyder Garage

Hey Joe I tried to find that bulletin but could not locate it. Every time I searched or it I found this:

Snopes response to urban legends in Arkansas-

After much testing and analyzing, BRP Engineers have discovered that the Black 2014 RTS is the fastest, best looking and coolest Spyder on the road could not be confirmed because engineers could not find find a paved road in all of Arkansas. Engineers are certain however that any colored Spyder in the great state of Texas could beat said black Spyder in that other state known as Arkansas. The great state of Texas has extended a warm welcome to its northern neighbors in Arkansas to come on down and test these new things called roads. While here you can also taste our world famous BBQ while you watch us fly by on our Spyders.

This was the only thing I found Joe. Lol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

it sounds as if... It's ON!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by twain View Post
    Hey Joe I tried to find that bulletin but could not locate it. Every time I searched or it I found this:

Snopes response to urban legends in Arkansas-

After much testing and analyzing, BRP Engineers have discovered that the Black 2014 RTS is the fastest, best looking and coolest Spyder on the road could not be confirmed because engineers could not find find a paved road in all of Arkansas. Engineers are certain however that any colored Spyder in the great state of Texas could beat said black Spyder in that other state known as Arkansas. The great state of Texas has extended a warm welcome to its northern neighbors in Arkansas to come on down and test these new things called roads. While here you can also taste our world famous BBQ while you watch us fly by on our Spyders.

This was the only thing I found Joe. Lol

Twain:

What is this "ROADS" thing that you speak of??????????????

But i know what BBQ is and i will find my way down there to Texas and try some of yours one of these days.

See you at Spyderfest. You can still enter these here United States from Texas right???????????

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PaSpyderRyder View Post
    Joe,

That is just wrong....... but I did have a good laugh

Bob

PaSpyderRyder ....................... She started it.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Not sure Joe. They still have the roadblocks up to keep the rift raft out of our beautiful state. Not gonna make Spyderfest this year. Gonna do Indian rally in May at Indian Point I think.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by twain View Post
    Not sure Joe. They still have the roadblocks up to keep the rift raft out of our beautiful state. Not gonna make Spyderfest this year. Gonna do Indian rally in May at Indian Point I think.

Well we will miss you at Spyderfest. Be safe and careful

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbirds View Post
    Blue is so fast they had to stop making it this year.

Ditto on owners event location and dates.
    I have a blue 2012 RTS-SE5. Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Then I'm in real trouble, I've got a white one!!
    However the police officer with a radar gun said I was doing almost 130mph (Lucky, he's a friend and I was on a WW2 airfield!!)
    That really begs the question: How fast will the BLACK ones go???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    Then I'm in real trouble, I've got a white one!!
    However the police officer with a radar gun said I was doing almost 130mph (Lucky, he's a friend and I was on a WW2 airfield!!)
    That really begs the question: How fast will the BLACK ones go???

129 mph

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    129 mph
    The dog lies

Anonymous

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool Oooops!!

What I forgot to mention is that I've got an RS-S which does have a superior power to weight ratio to an RTS!

Sports car v. truck if you know what I mean!!