Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Got to build my first 2014 RT with the Pit Crew

It was great to work with the Pit Crew and PitBull Powersports yesterday going over a new 2014 RT. This is a beautiful machine for sure. We took our time and got it right including laser aligning it. It did need it but wasn't as bad as most I've seen. I have two more to build today and can't wait to get started.

This was the first build as PitBull Powersports and Lamonster Garage. There are somethings we do to make sure your first ride is as good as the rest of your owner experience.

The build

Spyder Garage

Impressive!!!

2012 Spyder RT Limited
    Guardian Bell (gift from son)
    Spyderpops bumpskid
    ISCI hand brake
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors

Spyder Garage

That looks like Ronbo's new Limited. He is on his way to get it

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default ?

I know with the assembly of the That it would be perfect without a ?. If and when I decide to buy another With the extra expense of travel (800+miles one way) what else can you offer? When it can to warranty work I would be taking it to dealer closer to home.

Spyder Garage

It is funny to see a B.U.D.S. system on a Spyder. I have been working with Seadoo's for 10 years that use the same system.

Spyder Garage

to you and Len on your new partnership and business .I'm sure the pair of you are going to rock the Spyder nation .The one thing that's really bothers me is this laser alignment right out of the box . Now don't get me wrong I can see getting the alignment done on a Spyder that has some mileage on it do to hitting road debris or potholes etc but right out of the crate . To me if the Spyder needs an alignment right out off the box , something was done wrong at the factory or the Spyder was damaged in shipping and should be made right on BRPs dime .I realize the importance of proper alignment and at present I am inquiring about purchasing the Rolo system so I can start doing alignments up here in Canada .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Me-likes! I'm thinking about trading up!

2015 F3-S SE6, Pure Magnesium Metallic
    12V Power Outlet
    Battery Tender Pigtail
    Blue Ridge Windshield

Spyder Garage

Looks good and congrats !!
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Tell us was the alignment good or bad out of the box? Will Spyder Pops bump skid for a 13 fit it?
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

The true sign of a mechanic, dirty pants knees. At my age and leg problems I kneed () to use a kneeler.

Love the graphics on the tailboard.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Tell us was the alignment good or bad out of the box? Will Spyder Pops bump skid for a 13 fit it?
    Need the newer bump skids for 14s old ones won't fit

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) BigLegMac's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT

Hi lamont. I am impressed. I went to my dealer friday to see the only 2014 that they got in, a white RTS but I noticed something that no one on this forum mentioned and that is there is absolutely no chrome on the RTS. In the 2014 parts catalog it clearly says that chrome comes standard with rts and limited. When you go to the BRPs site to build your rts you cannot purchase those chrome pieces because they are standard. Even the trunk front switch comes standard. This seems like false advertising. I ordered an RTS but I want the chrome or something taken off price of the bike. Did you notice that there is no chrome when you were building the bike? I am going to really complain about this because its not fair. I am spending $3500 in accessories already and am not buying chrome parts that come standard.
    Last edited by BigLegMac; 01-18-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Spyder Garage

How far off was the alignment?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigLegMac View Post
    Hi lamont. I am impressed. I went to my dealer friday to see the only 2014 that they got in, a white RTS but I noticed something that no one on this forum mentioned and that is there is absolutely no chrome on the RTS. In the 2014 parts catalog it clearly says that chrome comes standard with rts and limited. When you go to the BRPs site to build your rts you cannot purchase those chrome pieces because they are standard. Even the trunk front switch comes standard. This seems like false advertising. I ordered an RTS but I want the chrome or something taken off price of the bike. Did you notice that there is no chrome when you were building the bike? I am going to really complain about this because its not fair. I am spending $3500 in accessories already and am not buying chrome parts that come standard.
    This isn't the first time BRP's design and marketing folks have conflicted with each other. I think they cover themselves with a "subject to change clause". Good luck!

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default Fun fun fun..!!

one of my first jobs was the assembly and prep at Hunziker Cycles in Houston. This was clean neat work and very satisfying. I'm sure you enjoyed it...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Bump Skid for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Will Spyder Pops bump skid for a 13 fit it?
    SpyderPops says that ".. the prototype is being tested now and should be ready for production in a week. I'm looking at three weeks out, maybe sooner."

- Bob

2014 Spyder Ltd. Silver Platinum Satin

Spyder Garage

Lamont, I hope this venture is as rewarding as you can possibly hope! Congratulations!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBob View Post
    SpyderPops says that ".. the prototype is being tested now and should be ready for production in a week. I'm looking at three weeks out, maybe sooner."

I am the "Prototype" tester, it is great, send it to the producer, i love it.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Default Black Wheels

That's very nice, but I don't think it's Ronbo's as the wheels are black as on a 2014 RT-S. I hope my dealer can get a laser alignment service going. He is American Powersports at 3690 Speedway Drive, Findlay, Ohio 45840. His phone number is 419-422 9253, his website is americanpowersport.com I believe the Can AM Spyder owners in Nothwestern Ohio, Southeastern Michigan and even Northeastern Indiana would come there to get alignments done.

Spyder Garage

I see lots of brushed chrome on that RTS.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Great pictures of the set up. I am REALLY liking the Cognac color. Cannot wait to see it in person. I am guessing I could get a pretty good deal there on a purchase, but do you offer pickup and delivery service for maintenance and repairs if needed?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    I see lots of brushed chrome on that RTS.
    I've seen both the RTS and RT LTD this week. RTS has black wheels and "brushed" chrome elsewhere. LTD has chrome wheels and chrome (shiny) elsewhere. Personally, I don't like the black or brushed but also can't see $2500 diff for the LTD.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lamont,
    Now that you're all "practiced-up"; could you nail one together and send it to:
    Klinger PowerSports
    Walton, NY
    Make sure that it's a Cognac RT Limited with a Black seat...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Been thinking about upgrading to a 2014 but I saw one thing on the frontless bike in the above pictures. I see that the battery is positioned between the two radators. How easy or hard is it to replace the battery when you need too?

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    That's very nice, but I don't think it's Ronbo's as the wheels are black as on a 2014 RT-S. I hope my dealer can get a laser alignment service going. He is American Powersports at 3690 Speedway Drive, Findlay, Ohio 45840. His phone number is 419-422 9253, his website is americanpowersport.com I believe the Can AM Spyder owners in Nothwestern Ohio, Southeastern Michigan and even Northeastern Indiana would come there to get alignments done.

You are correct, but they also built Ronbo's and he is just now getting home with it and he probably won't sleep good tonight.

Cruzr Joe