Spyder Garage

Default BRP's New Backrest on Back order until March!!!

I have a new 2014 RTS Limited coming shortly, ordered the heated comfort seat and the matching back rest in late November in addition to a bunch of other parts. All the parts are (bike coming in 2-3 weeks) in including the seat but the backrest is on backorder until mid March. I ran a business for 25 years and before taking on a new supplier or adding a new product I always made sure that the product would be available. In my humble opinion BRP should notify anyone ordering both the seat and backrest that the backrest is on a long backorder and do you still want the seat. This is totally unacceptable and I told my dealer I don't want the seat and am not paying any restocking charges, etc. I should have just ordered the Ultimate seat to start with but wanted the heated seat. Done venting, at least now I will have a fuel door and adjustable backrest.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts46 View Post
    I have a new 2014 RTS Limited coming shortly, ordered the heated comfort seat and the matching back rest in late November in addition to a bunch of other parts. All the parts are (bike coming in 2-3 weeks) in including the seat but the backrest is on backorder until mid March. I ran a business for 25 years and before taking on a new supplier or adding a new product I always made sure that the product would be available. In my humble opinion BRP should notify anyone ordering both the seat and backrest that the backrest is on a long backorder and do you still want the seat. This is totally unacceptable and I told my dealer I don't want the seat and am not paying any restocking charges, etc. I should have just ordered the Ultimate seat to start with but wanted the heated seat. Done venting, at least now I will have a fuel door and adjustable backrest.
    Another thread says in stock and available. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/m...te1motorsports

There are always going to be some glitches. Were this my situation, I would also be a very unhappy camper. You cannot be mad at the dealer, because it is not their fault.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-10-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We have them here at Central Florida Powersports. Give the parts department a call at 407-847-2453. We also just received our second shipment of 2014 RT's.

Spyder Garage

Love this site, never thought other dealers would have them in stock. Problem solved, will have one Tuesday. Still a little confusing some have them in stock and BRP is back ordered for TWO MONTHS.

Spyder Garage

Love this site, never thought other dealers would have them in stock. Problem solved, will have one Tuesday. Still a little confusing some have them in stock and BRP is back ordered for TWO MONTHS.
    Some dealers are more attuned to carrying a stock of accessories than others. I would guess the back rest is one of those must have accessories.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default backrest

I was at route 1 yesterday they have 8 in stock,,,,run don't walk call them, also Jason at CPFS has in stock as well..stop venting and call them

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Another thread says in stock and available. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/m...te1motorsports

There are always going to be some glitches. Were this my situation, I would also be a very unhappy camper. You cannot be mad at the dealer, because it is not their fault.

Spyder Garage
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My dealer has 6 or 7 of them and no 2014 RTs to put them on! He also has them priced at $479 and I asked what's up with that.

I was all set to buy one but I want to wait and see if I want to keep the stock seat or go with the comfort seat. Just like the Utopia backrest there is a different part # for the backrest for the comfort seat.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Stock seat on the RTS now has more cush for the tush, yeah

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Stock seat on the RTS now has more cush for the tush, yeah

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Interesting comment Cruzr. A while back I installed a Corbin.. Was very firm and I was concerned about that. I find it is more comfortable to ride, especially longer rides. Seems all after market seats are much more firm than stock seats. Wonder if there will ever be a firm seat from BRP.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyman View Post
    Interesting comment Cruzr. A while back I installed a Corbin.. Was very firm and I was concerned about that. I find it is more comfortable to ride, especially longer rides. Seems all after market seats are much more firm than stock seats. Wonder if there will ever be a firm seat from BRP.
    The BRP Comfort Seat is much firmer than the stock seat. Might not be as firm as a Corbin but it is a lot firmer than the stock one.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    My dealer has 6 or 7 of them and no 2014 RTs to put them on! He also has them priced at $479 and I asked what's up with that.

I was all set to buy one but I want to wait and see if I want to keep the stock seat or go with the comfort seat. Just like the Utopia backrest there is a different part # for the backrest for the comfort seat.
    Would you find out the answer to this mystery for some of us? The catalog shows two different seat backs. One for the OEM seat and one for the Comfort seat. Are they so different that if you end up buying the Comfort seat that you have to pop an additional $500 for the special backrest?

I am guessing that I wont start with a backrest until I determine whether or not I will end up with a Comfort seat if separate backrests are required. Thanks in advance

2020 F3L , Magma Red